TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Audition Episodes Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: Audition Episodes Discussion users admin

American Idol
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 21, 2012Irsnappy25 01-21-12  11:21 am
Archive through February 16, 2012Costacat25 02-16-12  5:58 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was SO hoping that arrogant cowboy kid would go home tonight. Oh well, we have one more week to get rid of him before voting. He seems like such an unpleasant person, and mediocre country singer.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Naja - I can't disagree with your feeling about cowboy-hat kid. But I have to admit, the duet with the other guy was very nice (but I liked the other guy's voice better).

I am LOVING this Las Vegas group performance leg. Some of the ones they showed were, in Jennifer Lopez' words, "AH. MAY. ZING!!!" and "WOW-WAH!" I'd love to hear more of these groups, but it will be solo from now on. Bummer.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
One of my favorite personalities is HeeJun. What a great quirky sense of humor he has. When he apologized to cowboy the other night because he realized that cowboy might not like what he had to say about him on TV, I cracked up.

Cowboy needs to go. He's an O.K. singer, just not the best but it's his personality that gets me. Arrogant is the word that kept coming to my mind last night. Also, "does not play well with others." The man he was partnered with had a beautiful deep, rich and full voice. Much better singer, IMHO.

There are a few standout performers already; I just can't recall their names. I think Jen H. will go far as will some Adam B. Can't wait to see the final 24 start doing their stuff.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't like either the cowboy or HeeJun...I think he works that lethargic Asian vibe just a little too much to get more camera time. I will say however that he has a really good voice.

I was glad that girl who kept telling us how good she was - along with her mother - was cut.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I've never seen a televised audition that wasn't in front of the judges.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Cowboy guy needs to go. I can't believe he makes it very far in the process, or they wouldn't be showing us his nasty behavior. Narcissistic Personality Disorder comes to mind (see Bachelor thread re: Courtney the Model).

DH and I LOVE HeeJun. He has such a dry sense of humor. He could be on a TV show. We find him hilarious. Plus he's a good singer.

That "lethargic Asian vibe," Roxip??? I've never heard of that. Mostly the Asian stereotype is to be driven to be the best at everything.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I looooove HeeJun! He just can't stop making his inner voice an outer voice! I don't think his voice is strong enough to make it much further though.

I agree, Cowboy must go!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I know, that's why I call him lethargic. It is like he is doing his best to not be the Asian stereotype...and yet at the same time I feel like he is milking it for all he is worth. Don't get me wrong...I actually don't think he originated this notion...I just think the people who make the show saw that he had a really laid back personality and they are encouraging him to use it to the extremes. I also think he is very passive-aggressive.

I just find it unnecessary. He is a good-looking kid, has a great voice and should be able to get through on that alone, not to mention that he is Asian and they have not had that many viable Asian contestants.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it's all locked up in that "my parents want me to be good at everything and I'm not perfect and therefore must be a failure" mindset that some people with demanding parents have. My guess is he's been constantly told he's not good enough and therefore expects to fail at every hurdle. You could tell how the main thing on his mind after the last audition was not to celebrate with friends but to tell his parents he'd got through so they would be proud of him.

Anyone seen the "Confidence and Paranoia" episode of Red Dwarf? Probably not, but HeeJun is Paranoia.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I love Phillip Phillips Jr.! It kills me how he sings with his whole body and has a hard time reigning that in. He's very Dave Matthew-ish.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just saw HeeJun as a typical teenager. That laid back, "Whatever, dude" attitude. I still think he's hilarious and very entertaining. I agree, though, that perhaps his voice is not strong enough to go all the way. There really seem to be a lot of truly talented kids this season.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Ketchup, most of the shots of the crowds of people and the lines to audition are from the first day of auditions. Those are NOT auditions in front of the judges. So they get a lot of backstory crap the first day, get more background story crap between the first audition and the one with the judges, and show it all at one time making it look like it happened the same day.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
Anyone seen the "Confidence and Paranoia" episode of Red Dwarf? Probably not, but HeeJun is Paranoia.

ah yes Kit, youre speaking my language LOL

i wasnt going to watch this season but i'm hooked. some great talent this year. find some of them a little too shrill but the judges like it

Allietex

08-16-2002

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
I didn't care much for the cowboy either but every time Heejun said something about his cowboy hat, I couldn't help thinking this from a guy who wears his hoodie up all the time.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
And speaking of country singers, we got the best of the bunch in personality and humility, last season with Scotty and the worst with the guy this season. What a contrast.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh goodness, here we finally got rid of the cowboy, and now there is a chance that he will be back next week for the first voting show.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Thanks Costacat

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 24, 2012 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I hope it is David Leathers that comes back.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 24, 2012 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My hubby likes David Leathers, too, but I think he's just too young. He wants to be Michael Jackson, and we've already had one of those. He's cute but Eben has a stronger singing voice.

I felt so bad for the the big guy with the deep, deep voice. "The Gentle Giant." He absolutely dwarfed Randy when he hugged him! I think it broke everyone's heart to let him go, but there were better singers. But maybe he'll come back?

So much talent this year!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 24, 2012 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
There was another guy they showed a picture of whose name I can't remember but I was surprised he didn't make it - he was a really good looking guy.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, February 24, 2012 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
No problem, Ketchup. Just another little thing that they "stretch" to make it look "real" (when, in reality, it's not).

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, February 24, 2012 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I just hope all these girls don't do big slow ballad over and over again. That was Pia's downfall. Even the judges told her to sing something different. They need to show personality. I think it's part of the reason why the guys seem to do better most of the time.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 24, 2012 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Did Pia have a personality?

Luanne

05-11-2011

Friday, February 24, 2012 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luanne a private message Print Post    
I wish they would have shown more of Holly Cavanagh during all the auditions. We did not get to see her until last night. Really not fair since many of the ones shown over and over will already have a fan base

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: