TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XXII: General Discussion users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 28, 2024Kookliebird25 04-28-24  5:06 pm
Archive through May 15, 2024Sincebb125 05-15-24  11:36 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 16, 2024 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I honestly can't believe Triston didn't go through. I'm almost angry about it.

I guess I'll be rooting for Will for the win!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, May 16, 2024 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm right there with you Naja! That's why I'm pissed off about Abi not doing what the mentor suggested!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, May 16, 2024 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
There have been a few that have been cut...that I was sort of incredulous they didn't get voted through. But I do think it's partly song choice. There is also the old blite that plagues all fan based voting...that everyone doesn't vote for the person they think will definitely go through. They place their vote for the other contestants they think needs their vote. Resulting in the top pick going home, because everybody thought they were safe.

This is why I would like all voting to be changed to voting for the person you want removed...so this would never happen to the favorite. I am sad when a good contestant goes home because of a technicality.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 20, 2024 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Abi never even entered my radar as a possible win. So needless to say I wasn't over the moon about her win.

BUT, that was one of the most awesome AI finales EVER! I loved it!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, May 20, 2024 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
UUGGHH Naja! After being spoiled this morning about Abi's win, I wasn't going to even watch, since I didn't feel she should have even made it to final 3, but now you have me questioning my decision. LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 20, 2024 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Scooter, you have to watch. It's really good!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 20, 2024 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, this was certainly one of the best finale nights ever! Wonder if it was partly to celebrate Katy’s last night?

I think, that for the first time in many seasons, almost all of the top 10 could have won. They were all great. I think it came down to nerves and song choice.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, May 20, 2024 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
So far I'm just getting pissed that will didn't win

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 20, 2024 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Just my thought...I am hesitant to root for younger contestants for the win (when there is a contract involved) whether it be on Idol or AGT etc. I just don't think it's good for a younger person to be sucked in to the entertainment business machine. They can be easily taken advantage of. Especially with Idol...they own you for years after. We have heard many stories over the years.

In any case, what is very true..is that the contestants that don't win, often do better than the winner! So not winning is not really indicative of their future success. Here are just a few of the very successful “losers”

Jennifer Hudson (7th)
Adam Lambert (net worth over 20 million)
Katharine McPhee
Chris Daughtry (4th)
Clay Aiken
Kellie Pickler
Todrick Hall (16)
David Archuleta

So don't feel bad for those that don't win...they have a great career ahead of them. And best of all, they have the freedom to sing the songs they want and be the recording artist they want, right away

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - 3:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
It was a great finale show. There were so many great singers and good songs.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I will admit, it was a great finale.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jennifer Hudson has the EGOT!

As for the final, I saw the part that slipped over into my recording of the 11pm news.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I always add extra time on any recording when it involves voting. Ever since, years ago...it ran over and the host announced..."and the winner is..." then the recording cut off lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, I just record the news on ABC. I stopped watching American Idol with Katy as judge and had already lost enthusiasm when only half the country could vote.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 29, 2024 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just saw last season's 2dnd place HunterGirl on Opry Live! She's really getting famous in the country world.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, July 31, 2024 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Not 100% official, but looks like Carrie Underwood will be Katy’s replacement…

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2024 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Julia posted on facebook today that her biological mother passed away. She and her fiance Nate are playing at venues and fairs all around Maine this summer. Jason Mraz did a concert in Maine early in July and brought Julia out as a surprise guest to do a duet with him. Pretty cool, I thought!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 01, 2024 - 1:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Julia who?

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, August 02, 2024 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Julia Gagnon, some peoples' favorite from last season.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, August 03, 2024 - 12:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Oh. I have a problem in that i can't make it thru a hole season. A judge always says something thannoys me with this bunch and I stop watching.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, August 03, 2024 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I had gotten so tired of Katy’s antics, I’d just change channels a lot between the singing. I think Carrie might be good. She’s following the steps of Jennifer Hudson and Kelly on these types of shows.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Saturday, August 03, 2024 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I forget most of their names pretty quickly now after watching for so many seasons. I live in Maine, so I have been seeing Julia on the news. My brother just messaged me to tell me he is at her concert right now.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: