TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XXII: General Discussion users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 28, 2024Kookliebird25 04-28-24  5:06 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, April 28, 2024 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Mia, a big Shania fan, sang a Shania song and forgot the words. I remember when forgetting the words got you chastised big time, instead the judges were all ‘ don’t worry about it’. I was listening, not watching and I noticed right away that she forgot the words.

Jack Blocker sang a slowed down version of Cher’s “I believe”. Really nice rendition of that song.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, April 28, 2024 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Just Sam was a guest singer on AI tonight. Not sure what happened, but she looks and sings very different than I remembered. I had read somewhere that she had gone back to busking in the subway and wasn’t really singing anywhere else anymore. She was all glammed up. I would never have recognized her if they didn’t say her name.

https://ew.com/tv/american-idol-winner-just-sam-explains-subway-busking/

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, April 28, 2024 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I would not have recognized Shania either.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, April 30, 2024 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree Kooklie Just Sam is much more feminine than she was in 2020. She looked great. And sounded great.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 05, 2024 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The judges were glowing over Tristan singing, “You can sing anything”. I disagree. He cannot sing Adele, at all.

I also think the women mentors are auditioning for Katy’s spot on the panel. Thinking Meghan Trainor has the inside track.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Monday, May 06, 2024 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I'm sad that Julia was eliminated. She posted a really positive message on her facebook page this morning. She and her fiance have a band of their own. I'm sure they'll be getting lots more attention now.

Meghan Trainor is fun and I think she would do a good job on the panel. She would dress appropriately for a family show too.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, May 06, 2024 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
meghan trainor definitely is making the rounds - being on same seasons of AI and The Voice...

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 06, 2024 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I do not share the enthusiasm for Megan Trainor that everyone else has. When she was a judge on a panel along with Diddy and DJ Khaled on the show The Four: Battle for Stardom, I really developed a dislike for her. All of them actually. I like her music, I just didn't care for her judging style. Although that was 7 years ago.

I felt the judge that affected the singers most in their styles, was Gene Simmons. I just would like a more seasoned (older) judge. I love this panel and hope they all stay. But should one leave, I would rather they stay with the age ranges they have now, 40s, 50s, 70s. I also love the positive but gently guiding styles of each if them, and their genuine love for each other.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, May 06, 2024 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’ve never warmed up to these judges. Maybe Lionel a little more than the other two. I’d like a whole new shake up. Maybe Miley Cyrus, Dolly, one of the women that the documentary 20 ft from Stardom was about. Darlene Love? These two women sang back ups for just about everyone back in the day. Tommy Lee or Gene Simmons would be interesting too.
ETA I highly reccomend 20 Feet From Stardom.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 06, 2024 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I’m not really a fan of Meghan Trainor, I just think she wants Katy’s judge job.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 06, 2024 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
For those who are wondering what happened to AI tonight....The show won’t be airing on Monday nights for the remainder of the season. With two episodes left there will only be a Sunday show.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 07, 2024 - 12:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The final 5 were not much of a surprise to me. I now think Tristan will win it, not because he’s the best. He’s a young male country singer, which always does well now on AI.
The wildcard is Loretta Lynn’s granddaughter, although she’s not the best female singer there. She had the name recognition from her grandma. If she really wanted to make it in the music business, just putting out an album stating who her grandma was would probably get her on her way in the country music business.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 07, 2024 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Agree, she already has a leg up in the business bc of her grandmother. I like any of the male singers.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, May 08, 2024 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I don't think she should have gone through, she sat through the dance song, no effort at all.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2024 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
She took all the danceability out of the song too. I like Abi the best.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, May 09, 2024 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Mak, yes, she could have changed it up a tad to dance a little.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, May 12, 2024 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Wow, when Kooklie mentioned that Meghan Trainor was possibly after Katys job...I had no idea she had announced that this season would likely be her last! And today I read..it has been confirmed. I really would not care for Meghan Trainor...I wonder who they are considering? I really fear for the magic bond the present panel has with each other. Well, I guess I'll live, if it's Meghan....just as long as it not...Tyra Banks....

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, May 12, 2024 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
My gosh, stuff is happening behind the scenes! So... Apparently Lionel and Luke are at odds... And I thought they were one big happy family lol. Anyway, I read that with Katy departing, the two guys are jostling for power over who replaces her.

"Richie hopes Diana Ross, Kenny Chesney, or Tim McGraw join as Perry’s replacement. But Bryan allegedly disagrees, believing these choices give Richie more pull". More pull? What actual power would that give him?

Meanwhile, Luke and Ryan want Meghan Trainor (Yikes for me lol). "However, several big names are rumored to be in the mix. Names include Taylor Swift , Jennifer Lopez, Shania Twain, and Miley Cyrus"

I don't think they could ever land Swift in their wildest dreams...unless she is tired of touring and wants to get married and have kids? I hear JL is somewhat of a pain to work with. I could see Miley or Shania.

I don't think they would have 3 guys. So out of Lionels picks...there would only be Diana Ross. That would interesting as she is now 80 years old. Could she make it for one season?

In any case, Lionel and Luke are worried they might get the boot also. So there could be a completely new panel of judges. Katy quitting is sending the whole show in a tailspin! Lol Should be interesting

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 12, 2024 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Holy cow. It would have to be a woman. I don’t think you’ll get Luke to leave. If Ryan wants Meghan Trainor, that’s who it will be since he’s a producer of the show. I think Miley would be interesting.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 12, 2024 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I hope this is the week that Emmy Russell leaves. All her songs are sung exactly the same way.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, May 12, 2024 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I was also thinking...Ryan has the upper hand in the picking

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 12, 2024 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I guess Ryan isn’t a producer, but he would still have a big say in who they pick.

Plus, Jennifer Lopez was a judge back in the day. I doubt they would bring her back.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, May 13, 2024 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry but when a contestant doesn't take the mentors advice, they shouldn't be voted through!!! Its maddening!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, May 13, 2024 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Emmy last week and Abi this week FFS

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, May 15, 2024 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It's getting crazy…the replacement of Katy is gathering many suggestions from the panel itself and many that are putting it out there that they would be interested.

Lionel has also suggested Kelly Clarkson. Katy has put her stamp of approval on Jelly Roll. Jordan Sparks, Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken have requested to be considered.

These are in addition to the ones above, I have already mentioned. I just hope it's not Jennifer Lopez. Although she is the one on the producers list.

I just can't see them doing an all male panel. So if they do bring in a man…they would (I'm assuming) have to also replace Luke or Lionel with a woman? Maybe they do a rotation, like The Voice has been doing. Heck, if Gwen Stefani weren't doing the voice next season, I bet she would love the spot. (Not that I would like that)

I just hope they get someone that matches Katy’s spunk, enthusiasm, and popularity. The show is dependent on her sparkling personality. Luke and Lionel, although I love them, do not have colorful personalities necessary to carry the show.

Kelly, guess would be good. Although she is a little TOO sparkly, for me lol. Luke and Lionel wouldn't be able to reel her in. I used to watch Jordan Sparks on her talk show. While she is a wonderful person…I don't see her melding with the present panel. I am kind of thinking, out if the names being thrown out there, maybe Miley? It almost would be easier to start from scratch. But that is scary

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 16, 2024 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I honestly can't believe Triston didn't go through. I'm almost angry about it.

I guess I'll be rooting for Will for the win!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, May 16, 2024 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm right there with you Naja! That's why I'm pissed off about Abi not doing what the mentor suggested!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, May 16, 2024 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
There have been a few that have been cut...that I was sort of incredulous they didn't get voted through. But I do think it's partly song choice. There is also the old blite that plagues all fan based voting...that everyone doesn't vote for the person they think will definitely go through. They place their vote for the other contestants they think needs their vote. Resulting in the top pick going home, because everybody thought they were safe.

This is why I would like all voting to be changed to voting for the person you want removed...so this would never happen to the favorite. I am sad when a good contestant goes home because of a technicality.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: