TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 21, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XXI: General Discussion: Archive through May 21, 2023 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 28, 2023 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I an flying off to visit my sister and we are going to go to the Ruben and Clay 20 reunion tour in NC.
Saw it last night in New Jersey, what fun.

My sister has not been able to travel since her husband fell down and loosened his knee surgery, they only fix it twice and the doctors won't do it again, he needs help to dress and move out of the bed to the wheel chair. So I will fly to her. first time in 7 years.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 29, 2023 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Have a safe trip and enjoy your visit with your sister, Sadiesmom!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, May 01, 2023 - 3:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I usually dont post criticism but am i the only one that thought Haven's performance of Living on a Prayer was NOT ok? Maybe its just my perception of songs - and don't get me wrong, i usually give people a lot of leeway if they make the songs their own - but when she started, I thought this was going to a shoe in for her since its a song everyone will know and thus connect, but actually "watching" her sing it, I was just cringing inside, thinking this is so NOT the song for her looks/personality. Her voice and facial expression just did not project the essence of the song - at least in my mind... even with the strong notes etc. I guess i just see Living on a Prayer as needing more grit, more tough emotion, and i saw none of that in her smiling face.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 01, 2023 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Havens remix of Living On A Prayer was not my favorite. But I like her in general. Although, I don't think she will make it to the end. There are so many gifted singers this year.

The public really didn't care for Nutsa or Mary...I knew they were going to get boomeranged right back out again.

I feel there are four or five contestants and are a bit more talented and are particularly well liked that we will see in the final...barring any voting flukes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 01, 2023 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was hoping Lucy would go home, but I didn't think Nutsa deserved to leave. But I do like Mary Beth.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 01, 2023 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Nutsa during the duet rounds. She came off as being selfish and not very gracious. She's a great singer, but I just don't like her. Sorry, not sorry.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 01, 2023 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Was not a Nutsa fan either. She was just too much when performing. I like when Adam said that she needs some quiet levels, not full blast all the time… and she didn’t listen to him. Adam is a powerful voice, but he always knew when to pull back to the softer tones for impact.

Havens tone puts me to sleep sometimes. I never remember her performances, while I remember others vividly.

Zachariah, while a good singer, reminds me too much of Vegas lounge acts or something. He’s good, just not special enough to me.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 01, 2023 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think We Ani should win it. She’s clearly the best and most powerful singer on the show. But, I suspect that Warren Peay or Iam Tongi will win.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, May 01, 2023 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I want We Ani to win - for her voice, stage presence, and overall inclusive/engaging personality. But Iam Tongi has a strong chance to win with so much support week after week.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 01, 2023 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
After tonight, there’s getting to be more country singers than not. I thought Tyson was really good tonight, yet they saved that other guy, who doesn’t impress me cause I can’t even remember his name.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, May 01, 2023 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The odds of a woman winning is about zero. Which is sad because there are many talented women who don’t get the recognition they deserve.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, May 02, 2023 - 12:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I was just saying the same thing. Historically the public usually votes for men. I hope We Ani wins, but I'm thinking it will be a guy. At least they will all have opportunities outside of the show that they never would have if they hadn't signed up.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I now think that Zachariah will win. Not that he’s the best, he just keeps going through when I think he won’t.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 08, 2023 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
heh, This show is too frustrating now eliminated multiple people each day. Too much for a slow person like myself.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 08, 2023 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Don't worry, Sadiesmom! Even though they get eliminated (and we know they all have to go -- except for one -- eventually), the really talented ones will still have careers. Look at Jennifer Hudson. She went out at #7 and now she's an EGOT.

We're predicting Iam Tongi for the win. He's the most popular. He's kind of like Ruben Stoddard, just a big teddy bear.

We just look at this show as entertainment and aren't that invested in who wins. They're all so talented this year. I think Haven will go next. She's just not mature enough in her musicality.

Meghan Danielle and Colin Stough's duet was fabulous! I can see them touring together.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 08, 2023 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it's a popularity contest and we believe Iam is the most popular. It is almost better for the best singer to not win. They won't be tied to singing the songs AI chooses etc. AI owns you when you win. So I think a great singer like We Ani will have no problem having a career regardless.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 08, 2023 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
We Ani was also on the Voice in past seasons.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 08, 2023 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Kooklie I THOUGHT she looked/sounded familiar! Thanks for refreshing my memory. She modified her name from We McDonald.

Ok...well then maybe she doesn't have what it takes to make it on her own. Granted, she was really young when on The Voice. Maybe she is ready now? We will see.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, May 13, 2023 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just read that Megan was also on The Voice. She was Team Kelly.

https://www.distractify.com/p/megan-danielle-american-idol

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, May 14, 2023 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Well, I had figured the 3rd person in Top 3 would between Colin and Megan. Who imagined We Ani wouldn't make Top 3! Now I'm thinking Top 2 is going to be Colin and Iam, because I don't think any girls are going to make final 2.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 15, 2023 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
You're probably right, Since. I called the top three though (at home with my hubby)! We Ani was good, but I think Meghan just went ahead with her distinctive country voice. Luke is right. She has that voice that people will be able to identify as soon as they hear her on the radio. I think she's going to do well.

As far as Colin goes, he's pretty and he loves his mom. Who could ask for more? He reminds me of a young Brad Pitt (before Angelina ruined him).

And as for Iam, he's just so sweet and pure. His voice is soothing and beautiful. He just makes you feel like you're in Hawaii drinking a Mai Tai. He's like a big teddy bear. He's gonna win for sure.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, May 21, 2023 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
We are a half am hour in...strangely nobody has knocked me over over with their first set of songs. Megan is singing her second song now. This one is better.

From listening to the crowds response in general, it has to be Iam, right?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, May 21, 2023 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying Zac for the first time. Because he is singing with Kevin Cronin he can't do his (for me) annoying moves. Lucy did nothing for me.

Wow...we got a girl and a guy at the end...but we know who is winning....

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, May 21, 2023 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yep, we all called it

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 21, 2023 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Hawaii has been known to vote hard.
Even if Iam does not make it nationally, I think he has a future as a Hawaii attraction.

I think Jasmine, I think her name was, of season 3, is still making money there.