TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 13, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XXI: General Discussion: Archive through April 13, 2023 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The latest season is starting!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Is this the thread for the new show? I only watched the first hour.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Just created it and moved your post over. Thanks for the reminder. I missed it starting but I’ll try to catch some episodes now that I remember it’s back. :-)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I realized about 30 minute's before that it was starting. Some really amazing talent. And as always...I love Katy, Lionel, and Luke.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I loved the season start of American Idol. Lots of talented singers out there. I liked Katy Perry's antic and wardrobe changes, she looks so fit! and of course Lionel and Luke are the best!

Did the last performance with Iam Tongi make you cry? It made Luke and me cry.

I also loved that they did a remembrance of Willie Spence at the end of the show. And of course with the young woman who sang in honor of Willie, he was supposed to be there with her at that try-out.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It was a nice start. Didn't really see anybody that caught my attention yet.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
How cool is it that the original contestants now have kids who are being contestants? Very cool. Phil Stacey's daughter who was being born while he was auditioning, just auditioned and she made it.McKayla, I think.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Yeah Heckagirl, that was a cool moment with the Stacey's.

There were a few that I was impressed with, good luck to them! I'm sorry, I can't recall their names right now.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, March 05, 2023 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, now! The Judges just said why I no longer enjoy Idol. The don't like theater, apparently only like country, I prefer the reverse which I why I can't take Idol anymore and also it has to do with the pacing, I never get top know anyone they get rid of them too fast.

Don't like thse judges and now I know why.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, March 05, 2023 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Lots of really good singers/songwriters so far. That last girl who wrote that song had them and me singing along.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 24, 2023 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought I posted this, guess I didn't.

Hollywood week is changing American Idol 2023: Seven fan-favorite alums to mentor season 21 Hollywood Week

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 12:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Interesting that Philip Philips is a mentor. I thought there was some bad blood as a result of litigation between him and idol.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, March 26, 2023 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Loved the rocker! Lots of really good singers!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, March 26, 2023 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
There is bad blood with a lot of people from Idol. most is with the management of the labels at a later date, but some anger is with the show people I remember one in season 5 (not Bice) was always out of his room when he was not supposed to be, he was smoking weed.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, April 02, 2023 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Some of the past contestants they brought back as coaches are just a bit questionable lol

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, April 04, 2023 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Oh, I loved seeing Clay again! One of my favorites!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 04, 2023 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Seems like a lot of drama this season. Can’t believe some of the people they put through during duets. It used to be that, if you forgot the words to a song, you didn’t make it through.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 05, 2023 - 2:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Heckagirl, Clay and Ruben are doing a tour in April and May. Right now.

So the woman who went home to her babies was recruited. Idol hates when you know that. Recruited people generally make the top 12.

Past recruits were

Carrie, Fantasia, Archelta and season 3 Diana. There are lots more, but it is too much to remember. I found this part of it fascinating. It tends to come out in the news about having to end previous contracts before they can be on the show. Carrie actually toured the US and Europe as the opening act to a very big name, I forgot. She toured with her band. She had to leave her band to be on the show. I am not sure what happened to them. They were pretty annoyed as they had contracts to play.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, April 05, 2023 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm not noticing anymore drama this season than other seasons, the duets always cause drama.

I AM tired of the quitting, to me, you took a spot that someone else could have had. Also, look what it did to Adin. I wish there was some kind of penalty for quitting!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Poor Adin absolutely broke my heart! Our son is also ASD and the same age. Social interaction is very difficult for them, and initiating a conversation with a stranger is terrifying. My son had to make a video of himself as part of a job application, and he almost didn't apply because he was so stressed about having to make the video.

I was so happy to see those other two women take Adin in and were so kind to him. It made everybody cry, including Katie and Lionel. I actually don't think Adin's that great of a singer, but I admire his courage.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Jayna Elise stepped forward TWICE! First with her duet partner Summer Joy to include Adin Boyer since he was left without anyone wanting to partner with him. Then again with Fire when her duet partner Kaya Stewart, backed out of the competition.

I was surprised that Kaya, the daughter of Dave Stewart from the Eurythmics, quit. I'm sure she has seen her dad with the flu, still perform. She was having trouble remembering the words to the song, so I suspect that had much to do with it.

Like Katie said... It's easier to quit than to get a rejection. Fire understood that message. She won't make it to the top ten, but the self confidence and life lesson she is getting in the process...she will keep for a lifetime.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, April 08, 2023 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Jayna Elise showed what a big heart she has.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think the story is not that simple. These songs were custom duets. Even if you know the words, do you know the arrangements?

I think there was rehearsal time left out of the story.

Yes it was brave of her to volunteer, but they had to give them some help and time.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Glad to see that Adin and Fire did not make it to the Top 24. They just were not strong enough.

So far -

Kaeyra
Warren Peay
Nutsa… not impressed
Michael Williams.. not strong enough of a singer.
PJAE
Malik
We Ani…. Great singer, but her speaking voice
Zach Smith
Tyson Venegas
Haven Madison
Lucy Love

Overall, only 2 or 3 of them impress me as potential ‘stars’. The whole thing appears rote in the selection process by the judges.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 13, 2023 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree that Adin and Fire were not strong enough to get to the top 24, but I was not happy to see them eliminated. They were both favorites of ours, due to the poignancy of their backstories.