TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Masked Singer - Season 8: General Discussion users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Starts tonight! Thanks for the reminder, Naja. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They are calling it a "Royal Season Premiere". Whatever that means. It's hard to imagine them all dressed up as Royals at this time.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OH! And it says 4 perform and only one goes on to next week. That seems odd as well. So we'll see 3 of them unmask? Weird.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Well two and a half unmasked. We don't get to see the face of the last one until next episode. So looks like they'll start out an episode with an unmasking and they'll end up episode with 2 unmaskings...and a cliffhanger.

I think it's crazy that they go thru so much to develop a character, all the hours put into making it. Then every show 3 only get to appear once before they get scraped.

Fun fact: I have friends that works on this, and many other shows. Initially, when I was trying to guess the identity of the celebrity I would take into consideration how they moved in the costume. Are they old? Are they young? Can I recognize a mannerism etc.?

Well, come to find out, all those video packages where the celeb is backstage or giving you clues. ..is NOT them. Only when the are actually on stage singing is really them in the costume. So that threw me off several times.

Apparently it's too much trouble to coordinate with the celeb to do the offstage outtakes...and more importantly, they would have to pay them. Makes sense.

But I was told that some of the celebs have a hissy fit that someone else is wearing THEIR costume. One in particular said it was like someone else wearing their underwear. They threw a fit. Did they think no one ever tried it on when they were creating it? Obviously this person was not an actor because actors often wear wardrobe that several other people have worn at some time. But my friend has to try to calm them down and was exasperated lol

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Who do you think the Hummingbird is? I didn't see even a hint.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
The internet seems to have a guess on who it is. I don't have any idea. If its a sports person I almost always don't know enough about them to wager a guess.

I have guessed several. But they were all in the entertainment industry. Like I guessed William Shatner. And I THINK I know who HARP is.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hummingbird just has to be Chris Kirkpatrick. Those thighs can't be anybody else's. He is a member of NSYNC.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Loved Donny Osmond as a guest panelist last night. He was great! Loved that he knew Jeff Dunham. And loved Montell Williams. Loved that he sang his big hit. Great show. Glad it's on Hulu since there is so much on at the same time on the same night.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, October 12, 2022 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Sorry,that should say Montell Jordan.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The latest show was shown on network tv on Wednesday. I was disappointed it's not going to be available on Hulu till Oct. 19. No explanation. It's been available the next day until now.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Wednesday’s show wasn’t really on. It was a Jay Leno hosted game show, at least on my recording. So I don’t think Hulu is missing one.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Okay. So don't know what happened. It seemed like it started over. There were three new singers. No mention of Harp from earlier. Andrew Lloyd Webber night, so mosty Broadway. The two unmasked were Mario Cantone and Gloria Gaynor. Robo Girl was the winner going on to next week.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So Robo Girl got outdone by the Three Lambs,they were really good. Don't know who they are. Spec is sisters, maybe? The Beetle was Jerry Springer. Still think Harp is Amber Riley. Nothing has been said though. Muppet night was adorable. I spent almost the whole show, smiling. Did not know who Robo Girl (Kat Graham) was.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The judges think the 3 sheep are The (Dixie) Chicks, but I think it's Wilson Phillips.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Now that you said that Wilson Philips....I felt like the tones of their voices together were sooo familiar. I had heard it before....I think you might be right!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Could be the Haim sisters, there’s 3 of them.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Haim was Nicole's guess, too. That would be my second guess as well.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
OK, wasn't real familiar with the "sound" of the Haim sisters. I knew of them. I just googled a few songs...and yeah....could be them too. Lol

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
They are more of a 'mello' sound, from what I recall.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I actually remember the first time I saw Haim. It was about 10 years on SNL and I was hooked. They are so odd on stage, and the sweetest people in their interviews.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Okay, so who do you think "The Bride" is? The other two who got unmasked were Venus Fly Trap--George Foreman, and The Gopher--George Clinton. With them doing the competition this way, it seems like it's going much faster.

Mrstaz

07-20-2006

Sunday, November 13, 2022 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mrstaz a private message Print Post    
I have been hearing from a lot of people that they don't like the new format. People are revealed too soon. They liked it better when it was over a few shows where they had more time to see if could guess. Also liked hearing them perform more types of music.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, November 13, 2022 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I am of that opinion also. This way singers are just boomeranged in and out. It also seems like they pair 1 good one with 2 not so good. The outcome is sort of obvious. There is no time for the singer to develop a relationship with the audience based on their personality. Although for those older or more frail celebs, it might actually be perfect. The ones that have to sit on a stool or have to be wheeled out lol

For the costume/wardrobe department it's a nightmare. It's a lot for them. So many more costumes to design, construct, maintain. People were already complaining about the quality of the costumes this year. They lost their costume designer. So twice the pressure on the new team.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, November 18, 2022 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I typed a big long post this morning that did not post because it was in maintenance mode. Can't ya'll do that overnight? So annoying.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, November 18, 2022 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Saw an ad for the show. Finale next Wednesday?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, November 18, 2022 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
90's night was fun. Joey Lawrence and Leveonn (Sp?)Bell got revealed. The Lambs went through. Hall of Fame night, I think I already saw it, so skipped it. Comedy Roast night was fun. Chris Jericho was revealed as the Bride. I only knew him from wrestling as my late husband was a fan. Adam Corolla was the Avocado.Snowstorm was good. She went through too.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 18, 2022 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry, Heckagirl, but the backups have to be run manually, so they can't be done overnight.

However, you can leave your screen open and post when it's done. Or you can copy your long post and save it to a notepad, or your clipboard and post it later?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, November 19, 2022 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
No biggie just annoying when I have spent all that time typing and my computer keeps deleting it, too.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, November 24, 2022 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
This is just a fun little show. Loved the Scarecrow was Linda Blair. And Sir Bugaboo was Ray Parker, Jr. and Jenny was guessing another Ghostbuster.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, November 25, 2022 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Now they are down to two. The Lambs and The Harp. Snowstorm was Nikki Glaser. She has a great voice for a comedienne.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 25, 2022 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, the harp has this in the bag.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, November 25, 2022 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
My husband and I have been doing a pretty good job at guessing the identities this season. Must mean they are making the clues way easier because they know most of them are only going to last one episode lol

Interesting tidbit...Anne Heche was in negotiations to participate in this season when she passed.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 16, 2023 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I found it interesting that one of the guesses was Tony Bennet as the gnome. They must have filmed this before he passed.
Medusa said that she had been involved with the show before. I did some research and have a guess that was none of the guesses from the panel.

Oops wrong thread.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: