TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 10, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XX: General Discussion: Archive through May 10, 2022 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It was between him and Lady K. Only one could be saved. They saved Lady K.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ohhhh, I didn't see last night! It never recorded!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I agree. Tristan should have stayed over Lady K. But I think he picked the wrong song. He picked it because of the connection to his mom...

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I think Tristan could have done great with that song, but with all of his antics some of the vocals were lost. I would rather have seen him go through than Lady K

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That is also true. Too much jumping around.... he's no Mick Jagger lol

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Slamming his knees to the floor might have done him in. Like I posted up there too much liability for the show.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
He reverted back to the over the top he did in some early shows that the judges and everyone else tried to counsel him to tone down.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I feel like that's what happened to Cameron.

I am still puzzled that Katyrah did not go through. I literally thought she was going to be in the top five

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
My thought when they sent Cameron home was "you got serious way too late" He was an accident waiting to happen.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah he openly defied Bebe and her advice to use the mic stand at the beginning. So that kind of shows that he's not going to be easy to work with and he will not take direction. The next show he calmed down a bit. I think he was scared. He probably got a lot of negative feedback about that.

Then the last time he kind of started out calm and half way through he reverted. I think he showed the judges that he was just too immature. I could see the disappointed look on the judges face. That's when they gave up on him.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought the girl who sang Billy Elish was horrible, yet the praised her so much. I wondered what they heard.

Kooklie, we agreed with you. I thought Tristen should have stayed over her. He was totally entertaining and my hubby's favorite.

I don't think "liability" had anything to do with Tristen going home. Disney has all the money in the world. If Tristen hurt himself, they would have no problem paying for any injuries. I think they decided to send him home because he'd been in the bottom of the voting for two nights in a row. He just wasn't getting as many votes as Lady K, and his antics may have turned off a lot of voters.

We thought Monday night's show (which we recorded and watched last night--no ads!), was really entertaining. The performances were all good, and the judges were funny. The competition among the judges was really entertaining. I love how they all seem to get along and enjoy each other. Can you imagine doing this kind of judge's competition back when Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey were judges. What a joke this show was back then. And the judges have so much better talent to work with than back in the day!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, May 01, 2022 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
This is so strange. The last weeks it has broadcast at 8:oo. Someone said it came on at their place at 6:00 so I decided to check and turned on ABC at 5:30 and it is on. I wonder if it will be on at 8:00 too. Well, I can vote.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 01, 2022 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It is on at 8 pm also on the WC.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 02, 2022 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I think America got the voting right this week. I agree with the vote. But then again, several of them would have been interchangeable for me. I already have a top 3 in my head, so I have to make peace with the order they go out. Like I think Tristen should have made it into top 10. But he wasn't going to win so he just left earlier than he should have.

I so wish there had been a camera on Katy when she flipped over in the chair. I love the relationship between Lionel, Katy, Like and Ryan. You can tell how much they enjoy working together.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, May 02, 2022 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
It was on at 5:00 at my house and again at 8:00. I wonder if it will be the same tonight. I was sad to see Mike go, but wrong song choice I think. Huntergirl, is that her real name? Can't stand Leah Marlene. She has a good voice, but act the fool. IMO I don't think I have a favorite. I like some of them, but............

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 02, 2022 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just read an interview with Huntergirl. Her real name is Hunter Wolkonowski. She said no one could pronounce or write her last name. She started playing somewhere where there was also a guy named Hunter. To avoid confusion they started referring to her as Hunter "girl". Then her dad started calling her Huntergirl and the nickname stuck.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, May 02, 2022 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Thank you Sincebb1

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 02, 2022 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, May 03, 2022 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I really liked Mike, and was sorry to see him go, but yeah, I don't think that was the right song choice. The other 2 (Emersyn and Lady K) I was fine with going. I think both are talented, and Emersyn has a unique tone to her voice that I really love, but with so much talent this season, talented people are going home.

I like all of them.

Huntergirl told us about her name at her audtition. I remember Luke's reaction to her last name LOL.

Also I find Leah Marlene fun to watch. I don't think she acts like a fool, I think she's quirky, and she's not afraid to show it, and she's got loads of talent.

Sincebb1, I was laughing so hard I was crying when I saw the chair flip, I think I rewatched it 10 times, laughing just as hard each time as the first time! Luke pointing and laughing at her laying on the ground was hysterical!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 03, 2022 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Last night was the best AI episode I have ever watched. I loved seeing all the old contestants.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, May 03, 2022 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed last nights show too. I didn't see Hungergirl's audition. Yes, Leah Marlene is quirky.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 09, 2022 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just knew they had to have a camera on Katy when she fell over in her chair! And we got that AND in slow mo!

I really didn't know how the voting was going to go last night. I was surprised that Jay was eliminated.

Next elimination is going to be brutal!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, May 09, 2022 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I was surprised Jay was eliminated too. While not a fan of Leah Marlene she sang the song Sanctuary beautifully.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, May 10, 2022 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I was sad to see Jay go, but it had to be someone. I'm not a fan of Nicolina, I can't put my finger on it, but something about her just rubs me the wrong way.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, May 10, 2022 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I am always surprised the Nicolina makes it through. I can see her as entertainer on a cruise ship and that is not an insult.