TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XX: General Discussion users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 07, 2022Lazylu25 03-07-22  2:03 pm
Archive through April 19, 2022Heckagirl63125 04-19-22  2:32 pm
Archive through April 26, 2022Lazylu25 04-26-22  8:44 am
Archive through May 10, 2022Lazylu25 05-10-22  8:41 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Personally, I think Noah should win this. I just don’t get the Huntergirl love myself, but she’ll probably win. To me, she sounds like a generic country singer.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I was glad to see those were the 3 that made it through.

I agree Kooklie, Noah has been my favorite all along, but Hunter Girl will probably win. My fingers are crossed for Noah, though.

Regardless, all 5 of them have talent and careers in front of them if they so choose.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
To me, she sounds like a generic country singer.

I think of her as more of a "classic" country singer. There is a HUGE market for that. She's kind of a throwback to Loretta Lynn and Patsy Kline. But I don't expect her to win.

Nicolina is hugely talented and can sing anything beautifully. Never a wrong note. Yes, she's not model-thin, but neither was Adele. Gorgeous voice and a pretty face.

I think Noah will definitely win. The "cute white boy with a guitar" almost always wins on this show, and the little girls love him.

All three are super talented. I'm amazed at the talent they get on this show now, compared to the "olden days" when a lot of the singers were just "so-so." I would be happy with a win by any of them. I think they'll all have careers.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
BJM I agree with you about Hunger Girl.

Nicolina does have a beautiful voice, but there's nothing "special" about it. Like I said earlier, she'll have a career as all of the final 5 should, if they choose.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I too want Noah to win. Huntergirl will have a career in country music even if she doesn't win.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I actually think it's better for them if they don't win. Most of the top 10 will go on to have some kind of career, but I've heard the contract they give the winner is very restrictive. Phillip Phillips sued them to get out of it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah many contestants have complained when they win... that American Idol virtually owns them for years after. They can't even sing the songs they want. But if they play it right, they can become Mega Stars. So I guess you have to just know that you may have to give a pound of flesh LOL

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I guess you can make some sort of a living singing even if you aren’t well known so that’s good. But almost all of the people on these shows are never heard from by the general public again. Even the winner isn’t usually heard from much less anyone else.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Jordin Sparks, Adam Lambert, Scotty McCreery, Clay Aiken, Chris Daughtry, Gabby Barret (just breaking out). There's more, but those are off the top of my head. LOL.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
AI does have the best record for producing stars. All the same, the vast majority of the contestants are never heard from again.

For example, I’d have trouble naming many contestants from the last five seasons who have achieved any level of fame.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Well, I think it does take a bit of time. But Gabby Barett is from season 16.

In 2020 she won CMT Breakthrough Vido of the year. In 2021 She won Top Female Country Artist at the ACMs, Top Collaboration and Top Country Song at the Billboard Music Awards, Best New Country Artist at the IheartRadio Music Awards, Female Video of the Year at the CMTs, Favorite Country Album and Favorite Country Song at the American Music Awards.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow! I had no idea, since I don't usually listen to country music (though I don't hate it). I think I also read that she and Cade (remember the long-haired rocker guy who had a crush on her?) are expecting their 2nd baby. They're married now and he's a guitar player in her band.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that's impressive even if it is only one of them. Nice to see that AI can still produce a star.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
So, basically, idol makes country music stars now.

Sorry, every time I turn on idol, someone is singing country. The people who make it tend to sing country. Not always immediately, but over years. I think country music is like baseball, with farm teams to bring people along until the find their stride. I see country music in many venues like I used to see a variety of music. Country fairs, town celebrations, a lot of clubs. Around here we used to have a lot of jazz clubs, now mostly country now. Even the summer concerts are about half country now.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
la la la la la la la la la la la
No spoiler in the preview.
Guess who won?

WGWG Noah Thompson. Huntergirl won 2nd place.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I called this from the beginning. Humble guy....country voice.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yay! I am so happy for him. She will have a career in country music anyway.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 23, 2022 - 2:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
He's such a sweet guy. I'm happy for him. I voted for Leah and Huntergirl until until top 4, and then only Huntergirl at top 3, so Noah wasn't my pick even though I do like him.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 23, 2022 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Did anybody notice how.. I don't even know what adjective to use.. disengaged, maybe? Both Noah and his mom were from the mother of his child. I won't call her his girlfriend. Because he was not acting like she was. He didn't go up and kiss or hug her. They both had their back to her the whole time. I never saw the mom paying any attention to her. Just thought it was a little odd.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, May 24, 2022 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, I wasn't watching very attentively but I did notice Noah seemed to pay no attention to the mother of his child. She stood back, rather awkwardly I thought, while he was holding his son. I didn't notice Noah's mother's behavior....just me not paying attention. Noah seems to still be with the mother according to her facebook page (Angel Dixon), so it could have just been editing.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, May 24, 2022 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1 that was Noah's Grandmother, and I didn't notice her not paying attention to her, they were at his concert together, etc. I did notice the mother of his child and he didn't seem to me, to still be involved, but there's nothing wrong with that. They are both young, and maybe they are co-parenting.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 24, 2022 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I did absolutely notice that Noah didn't seem to greet his Baby Mama in his hometown. He just took the baby from her and hugged his grandma. I don't think they're together anymore. They seem distant from each other. That baby is CUTE!!!

I'm surprised nobody congratulated Gabby Barrett on her second pregnancy. I was looking for the baby bump, and she had a little one. She announced on Mother's Day that she and Cade were expecting their second baby. They've been married since 2019 and have a 17 month old girl. They're so cute!

Oh, and I called Noah as the winner a long time ago. He's a WGWAG and the girls LOVE him! Plus he's got a real presence and has really grown in his performances. Hope he goes far!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, October 12, 2022 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I just read that Willie Spence was killed in a car crash on Tuesday in Tennessee. It said he was a runner up, might've been a season or two ago. He was only 23. Such a shame.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, October 12, 2022 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I just read that Willie Spence was killed in a car crash on Tuesday in Tennessee. It said he was a runner up a season or two ago. Only 23. Such a shame.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, October 13, 2022 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
That is very sad news! He was amazing. A true talent, and seemed like a genuinely good guy!

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Ruben and Clay are going on tour. I just got my tickets. Small venue and really good seats for 108 bucks

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I posted yesterday in "The View" thread (they were guests) how they will also be on the next season finale of AI together because it will be 20 years to the day that their season 2 finale aired when they were winner and runner up.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Good to know Naja. I was team Ruben all the way. I am looking forward to going to this concert.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's very exciting! My dream AI concert would Taylor Hicks, Constantine Maroulis, Scotty McCreary, Kelly Clarkson, HunterGirl , Nikki McKibbin (passed away), Kelly Pickler, Sanjaya Malakar, and Laine Hardy. I guess Carrie Underwood, too.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I am with you on that one. I would add Jennifer Hudson.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I used to tell my late husband that he was the reason Ruben won that season. He would spend hours voting for him.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Tamron Hall had Clay and Ruben on this week. Nice long conversation and then they sang! Goosebumps. Worth a look.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
they are both going to be on the finale. they are moving Idol to Sundays only, a short show again.
I kind of miss when it was 2 days a week and the second show always had a goofy commercial.

here they are singing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_c-PTjz4f4

and talking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t23I4AsGoOQ

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: