TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 13, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIX: General Discussion: Archive through May 13, 2021 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, May 05, 2021 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This format is ridiculous. There is no chance for anyone to build a real fan base and there is certainly no chance for anyone to grow. Those are the things that made the old AI a special thing that elevated it beyond a mere reality show competition.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 05, 2021 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I have to agree with you. I wish they'd spend less time on the auditions and more on the actual shows. And start it earlier in the year, so we'd have time to see them build a fan base and improve.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 09, 2021 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Nothing like 2 hours of Coldplay songs to bore me to death. I’ve never understood the allure of Coldplay. To me, their music sounds generic and always the same. I just want to see Arthur Gunn Jazz it up to be palatable to listen to.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, May 09, 2021 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I'm happy with the top 5. Arthur and Hunter were eliminated tonight. Phineas will be the mentor next week.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 10, 2021 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I’m starting to get on the Chayce bandwagon. That song he sang to his mother was very personal and wonderfully sung. I agree that it would be a hit is released.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, May 10, 2021 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I have been a Chayce fan fro9m the beginning. I love the sound of his voice.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, May 10, 2021 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Lazylu....Me too!!!! From his audition I loved him!!!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, May 10, 2021 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Although, I do think Willie has a good chance of winning.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, May 10, 2021 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
have no idea how i feel about caleb...he definitely has his own personality - how long will he hide behind his lowered hats etc - in some ways it plays to his music but also its like "come on, let us see who you are, you have so much to offer"

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, May 10, 2021 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I am a Caleb fan, as well. Also, I haven't finished watching yet, but I cried through Chayce's song, was surprised Kady didn't LOL. Also, as for Arthur not making it, I haven't heard his second song yet, but, personally I was put off that most of the time when the others were applauding for something/someone, he wasn't. I'm not sure that was a reason, or not, but if I was a voter, that would have weighed on me :-)

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, May 10, 2021 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I'm a Casey Bishop fan.

I also like Willie and Chayce.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, May 10, 2021 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Eggie, I'm also a Casey Bishop fan...LOL. I really like them all.

I like Willie :-)

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, May 10, 2021 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Caleb has a good country music voice. Not a fan though. A little too sullen for my taste. Maybe Luke will give him a place on one of his concerts

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 11, 2021 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think Caleb is sullen. I think he's just very shy. He's only 16, after all. I also noticed that he kind of suppresses his smile. Maybe he's self-conscious about his teeth? And I think the reason he wears those hats is that the bright lights hurt his eyes. I saw him squinting (especially the left eye) when he was performing without his hat. He's enormously talented, especially for someone his age.

There's none of them I don't like this year. In past years there was always someone we hated and couldn't wait for them to go, but this year I think they're all very talented and deserving of a win.

I wasn't a Grace fan early on, but she's winning me over with her big voice. I hope they all get careers out of this exposure, whether or not they win.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, May 11, 2021 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
You are probably right about the lights hurting his eyes. I don't hate any of them and wish them all well. I am out!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, May 11, 2021 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
That’s a good point about the lights.

They are SO young!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, May 11, 2021 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
BJM, I noticed that, too. I also agree, I don't think he's sullen, just shy, he's a young southern boy, and so damn talented!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 12, 2021 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Caleb is out.

https://tvline.com/2021/05/12/american-idol-caleb-kennedy-racist-video-statement/

quote:

“Hey y’all, this is gonna be a bit of a surprise but I am no longer gonna be on American Idol,” the 16-year-old singer wrote in an Instagram post on Wednesday. “There was a video that surfaced on the internet and it displayed actions that were not meant to be taken in that way. I was younger and did not think about the actions, but that’s not an excuse. I wanna say sorry to all my fans and everyone who I have let down. I’ll be taking a little time off social media to better myself, but saying that, I know this has hurt and disappointed a lot of people and made people lose respect for me. I’m so sorry! I pray that I can one day regain your trust in who I am and have your respect! Thank you for supporting me.”

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 1:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
He said it was a horror movie hood, not a kkk hood. Guess you have to becareful about everything.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 1:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
He was a 12 year old kid when that picture was taken and now his reputation is ruined! This world is insane!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 4:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I have questions. Where did he learn that? Where were his parents? How could anyone let this happen? Like Sadiesmom said, it was a KKK hood!

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Strategist, when you were 12 years old, or in your early teens did you never sneak to do something or go somewhere behind your parents back?
It may have been a party at someone else's home, or kids just hanging out somewhere. At 12, he may not have known what the KKK was. He wasn't the one wearing the hood.
I wasn't even a big fan of Caleb on AI this season, but I think the expectation that a 12 year old's understanding of consequences should be the same as an adults is too much. I hope he's provided some type of counseling and support. He seems like a sensitive kid and this could be devastating to him.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Oh! I don't blame the kid at all. I blame the adults that he and his friends were surrounded by.
...and I agree that the world is insane.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Strategist, when you were 12 years old, or in your early teens did you never sneak to do something or go somewhere behind your parents back?

To answer your question, "no". I was a very good little girl and my parents taught me right from wrong. Not being facecious, but the parents need to take a little bit of responsibility. When children do racist things, they learn it from somewhere. Many people online are blaming Caleb, when the blame should reside elsewhere.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I believe this is unfortunate, and honestly can't believe what this world has come to.

Strategist, then you were a very unique little girl. My parents taught me values and brought me up right, but I certainly did things I wasn't supposed to.

A male 12 year old's brain is not even remotely fully developed yet, and to hold this against him is ridiculous, IMHO.

I agree with snoops, this could be devastating for him.