TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 05, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIX: General Discussion: Archive through May 05, 2021 users admin

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, April 18, 2021 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed Casey's performance of "Over The Rainbow".

Lots of good performances tonight.

Luke returned!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, April 19, 2021 - 3:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Casey was really good. At first I thought that she had picked a bad song for her personality. But she really surprised us all. Her voice fit the song so well and she blew me away!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, April 19, 2021 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I am listening as I work ...i have high expectations for Falling Slowly since it just has that "moment"...and Hunter's emotions fed into that kind of moment.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, April 19, 2021 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
This wasnt just oscar nominated songs but songs I particularly love (except for Ava's which i just never was into La la Land - and Cassandra's from Spectre - much better Bond nominated songs to pull from)...I thought Alyssa was going to disappoint me with This is Me but those last 30 seconds totally turned it around....and yes, Casey was great with Over the Rainbow...Deshawn was great too and I am not a huge Barbara fan (I mean I like her but maybe its a generation thing - Whitney was my Barbara for powerhouse vocals)...and Willie was outstanding... and Chayce nailed Everything I do, I do it for you....

hugely disappointed in Beane take of Time of my Life, and I didn't think Madison did enough with Run to You... I couldn't see the emotions - just the singing....

Liked that Grace was always in the background as a reminder- would easily be forgotten even though she did good with Happy

Cassandra and Caleb I have no memory of as soon as they were over...I would have preferred Ava moving on even though I had no tug whatsoever to the song...

looking forward to Disney week prior to settling on who i want to win....

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 19, 2021 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Legalboxer, the weren't just Oscar nominated songs, they were Oscar winning songs :-)

Chayce totally won me over tonight. I thought he was creepy early on, but now I think he's great.

I thought Deshawn did great with "The Way We Were". That's one of those movies I have known about all my life, but have never seen. I'll have to get on that.

And no way did I think Madison should have gone home. I think the teen girls hate her. You have to be loved by the teen and tween girls to win this show. IMO

btw, if (general)you put the spoilers in the second line of your post, and make the first line anything else, then you won't spoil anybody else on the board who isn't watching it live.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 19, 2021 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Chayce has been one of my favorites since the beginning. I love any Willie Nelson song, but I am tired of Caleb. Would it hurt him to smile or act like he is enjoying this experience. I am guessing If I what to vote I have to vote before I even see the performances since voting was closed by the time the show came on where I live.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, April 19, 2021 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Naja - No - some were nominated - This is Me lost to Remember Me (Coco) :-( (as much as i love Coco, totally slap in face to This is Me) ...Everything I do lost to Beauty and the Beast, Run to You lost to A whole new world (difficult when multiple songs are nominated from the same movie - unless its the Lion King)...Stand Up lost to I'm gonna Love Me again (rocketman)

I agree the teen votes win these shows...

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, April 19, 2021 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Re: Teenybopper votes steering the win, I JUST said that to DH during the show! Madison is a good singer and very polished. But struck me as lacking genuine warmth. So not disappointed she's gone.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, April 19, 2021 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
yes - the genuine warmth factor - that is what i meant by missing the emotions factors for Madison. Living up to Whitney always is difficult...people have the voices to belt out the notes we love - but it also needs the passion behind that power - which i do see more of than i expect on these shows - just didnt see it in Madison... i just felt like there was nothing "to run to" when she was singing, i couldnt hear that most inner calling that you hear with Whitney - and others who have done the song justice...

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 19, 2021 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The teen vote will go to Hunter.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 19, 2021 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I thought Whitney was wonderful when she sang her duet with Josh? She hasn't been that good since then though. I am sorry she is gone.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I didn't think that AI had much of an audience with teens?

Looking at the ratings, the 18-49 ratings are relatively low compared to the overall total. Maybe younger teens are watching/voting?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
With social media, voters may not be watchers.

I stopped watching most shows with voting when most made voting about numbers voting, but such a huge portion of actual viewers would have to vote prior to viewing.

I have not watched this show since the first Katy season. But since there was a local girl in the top 10 and just voted out this week, the show is featured on local news.

It is strange to see this show and The Voice on the schedule and just not care.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yeah the producers of these shows have really screwed over the West Coast viewers. They just don't care about them.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
West Coast Viewer here that watches both shows. The Voice is still my favorite. However, I've never been a voter.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 21, 2021 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Re: Madison is a good singer and very polished. But struck me as lacking genuine warmth. So not disappointed she's gone.

Once again I agree with you, Mameblanche.

I don't vote for this show anymore. I'm a Westie, so my votes don't count. We watch this show purely for entertainment value. We still enjoy it, and just let the chips (votes) fall where they may.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, April 22, 2021 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I've never voted, but I have enjoyed the show as well. I also agree with Mameblanche about Madison. Also, she has great hair!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, April 22, 2021 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We used to vote once in a while when our DD's were little as they found it fun that we were voting. Haven't voted for years though. We still occasionally watch but our DD still likes to watch TV with us (yes I know .... amazing) and she prefers dramas over singing shows so we watch more of them now.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, April 22, 2021 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Jimmer I'm jealous. There were shows that Rae and I used to watch together, pretty much all the way up until she left for the USAF, I miss that! (The Voice was one of them!)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, April 22, 2021 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I can understand that. It's not the same but I sure miss my DD's when they are away at University (though with COVID, Gail has been studying at home for a year now).

It's hard. You're super proud of what they are accomplishing but you miss them.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, April 23, 2021 - 4:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I used to call one of my small nieces after every Survivor show to "debrief" on everything. It really was a wonderful bonding time. She's now married with children and those days are long behind us. We both do remember them fondly.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 02, 2021 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Arthur Gunn was voted in from last season. No surprise there.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 04, 2021 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
He's very talented and also likable, which is important. Hubby thinks he could take the whole thing this year.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, May 04, 2021 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I was happy with the final 7. Although I didn't NOT like any of them, my favorites all made it. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 05, 2021 - 3:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There's only 3 shows left. I miss the old one ax a week format. You had time to get attached to someone.