TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 31, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIX: General Discussion: Archive through March 31, 2021 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 02, 2021 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I feel they're being pretty unfair sometimes. They put through that skinny little girl who was pitchy and rushed the timing of the song, and then they didn't put through the kid who wrote the song about the three of them! I thought that showed a lot of talent. And the firefighter! I thought he deserved a chance. Sometimes I don't understand their decisions.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, March 02, 2021 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I felt very bad for the firefighter too! You would think that they have a few spots reserved for people who really deserve a chance to do well in life. Why bother to tell us his life story just to kick him to the door?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, March 02, 2021 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I find the judging on this to be so uneven and inexplicable. It's frustrating.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 02, 2021 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I couldn't understand the guy, whose sister worked for Disney, that went through. Not sure what they were hearing, but I thought he was not very good. They were saying 'Top 10" ! Could not believe that!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, March 02, 2021 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, that was Luke, he says something like that to every country singer. I just ignore him. LOL I thought the fireman and the guy that wrote the song about the three of them should have gone through.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 03, 2021 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That last young lady and her mom. I couldn't stop bawling. What a voice! Reminded me of Jennifer Hudson. What a story! What a sweet kid! My fave so far. Rewound and watched her 3 times.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 03, 2021 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought of Jennifer Hudson, too. I hope she gets some coaching on healthy eating. She and her mom both looked very unhealthy. It's really hard to eat healthy when you're poor.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, March 03, 2021 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I do hope that this opportunity will change her life for the best.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, March 15, 2021 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Next Sunday is Hollywood Week.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 15, 2021 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Last night I thought they let through people who didn't deserve it based on singing, but they had the saddest story. Like the pretty homeless girl with a child (she sang Whitney Houston), and the guy who wrote a song for his sister.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, March 15, 2021 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Naja: DH and I said the same thing last night.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, March 15, 2021 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
that is right - it is American queen for a day show. sob enough and you are in, don't have to sing on key. Well with auto tune a lot of people who are hits don't sing on key,

It has always been something they did, but it does seem to be worse than usual. I wonder if they give them lemons in hankies so they can produce the tears on call?

But it is not like the judges really decide, production knows what makes what they think is a good show. I have read that many times in behind the scenes articles.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, March 15, 2021 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yep, sob story you are in. I think they let through a lot that I would have said "no". The first two girls were not that good, but I figure Hollywood week will get rid of a lot of them.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, March 15, 2021 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
They did let a lot through who had sob stories, but I don't mind that much. Some of them deserve an opportunity to learn and grow.

If that's the best they had this year, at least they will get a chance to become better during Hollywood Week. They will get cut after that so it's no loss to the overall show.

I do think that there were some others they should have let through - like the firefighter (guy) and the singer (gal) who had a terrible dominant father.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, March 15, 2021 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yes, I agree about the firefighter and the poor girl with that father. Hopefully they will all learn something in Hollywood and have a great time. It is a chance of a live time. Good luck to all.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 16, 2021 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree. I think a lot of them didn't sound as good on TV as they may have sounded in person. Plus a lot of them had terrible nerves, but the judges saw past the nerves. I'm willing to give them a chance to grow, learn and hopefully gain more confidence in Hollywood. The ones who don't deserve to be there will be weeded out. I like seeing someone who's had a hard life get a chance to better themselves. If they can't perform, they won't last long, but I like seeing them get the chance.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I can't believe that they kept Hannah Everett and let Murphy go...I was actually ticked off!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I know! That freaked me out. So far I think my fav is the girl whose brother didn't make it through. She sang a Meghan Trainor song and bounced around a lot. I find her so entertaining.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I loved Murphy's singing style and it's sad that he was eliminated.

I have liked Willie Spence from the start of his auditions. He sings beautifully and reeks of an innocence of honesty. I hope he continues on in the singing business and has great success. He currently is in the Top 24.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - 3:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I was so sad to see Murphy eliminated as well. I think he would have been a fan favorite!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - 3:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Love Willie Spence too!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I, too, enjoy Willie Spence :-)

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
i liked Murphy too, but I guess they didn't think he was AI material. Which one is Willie Spence?

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Willie Spence was the big fellow from Georgia who said he had a hospital scare earlier this year related to his health. He had the most beautiful voice that melts your heart. He went viral on Twitter when he was caught singing one time.

There is a picture of him here: https://idolforums.com/topic/742928-willie-spence-fan-thread/

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Perhaps they had to let Murphy go because of the issues he had with his eyes. He could not deal well with the bright lights and they were damaging his eyes. Too bad they could not have accommodated him better. Hopefully someone will give him a record deal.