TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 01, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIX: General Discussion: Archive through March 01, 2021 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, January 11, 2021 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
New season starts February 14th!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 11, 2021 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yippeee! :-)

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, January 11, 2021 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Well I'm going to have a hard time watching this if they don't pull it off as well as The Voice did.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Claudia Conway (Kelly-Anne Conway's daughter) was on. She was not that good a singer and she was sent to Hollywood. That part of the show seemed quite exploitative since she clearly has a lot of mental health issues related to her mother and father's lack of parenting skills. Much of this was on full display on social media, posted by Claudia herself.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
On another note, there were many outstanding singers featured.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
One of the teenage singers, Danica Steakley, left me heartbroken. She seemed very reticent and oppressed by her overbearing retired Navy father. He was very pushy and furious when she did not make it in.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
He saw her singing through rose colored glasses. Next time, she should audition without him.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Danica's father was a total jerk. I felt so sorry for her. I would not have put Claudia through, but maybe they didn't really have much of a choice. There were some very good singers last night and some screamers I would not have sent on to Hollywood, but they seem to really like those singers. So what do I know.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I felt so sorry for Danica Steakley. Her idiot father made it all about himself, rather than supporting his daughter. He should have been hugging her and telling her she could try again, instead of throwing a temper tantrum and stalking out. Not a good look.

There were some really great singers last night. Several gave me goosebumps. I felt sorry for Claudia Conway. What a horrible upbringing she's had to suffer. Her mother is downright abusive. Maybe she'll grow, if given a chance.

I like that they sometimes pick singers who aren't all the way there, but show promise. Sometimes they blossom during Hollywood week, sometimes they don't. We'll see.

Katy's outfits were interesting. She seemed super emotional at times. She still had those pregnancy hormones flowing, since this seemed to have been filmed shortly after the birth of her daughter. When that one girl was telling how her mother just left one day, it seemed to really get to her. As a new mom who's probably totally smitten with her new baby, it's heartbreaking to think of ever leaving her. 😭

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/American-Idol-premiere-features-Claudia-Conway-15951689.php?IPID=SFGate-HP-Editors-Picks

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I watched yesterday, and just bawled through DJ Johnson's performance. What a strong young lady!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah it was a very emo ep. The father of the 16 year old was such a nasty piece of work. She's way more mature than he'll ever be.

Relieved at the genuine affection between Claudia Conway and her father George.The mother... ugh. Not sure how I feel about the kid being on the show, but as I reminded DH (who doesn't think she'll last long) Bristol Palin had a HUGE fan following on DWTS and made it to the finals regardless of talent or lack thereof. Unfortunately I expect similar in this case.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
He was far too involved in her audition. I was cringing all the way through. And that was before I saw the whole tantrum at the end. Yikes, Dadager needs an attitude adjustment or needs to be fired.

Also, I thought Miss Conway was ok as far as her voice, but the hand movements and closed eyes need to go. She should also work on her mouth shape distortions.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
DJ's performance was good enough I overlooked the rest :-)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch but it's nice to see so much conversation here about this.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
DJ was really good. So emotional.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Scooterrific, I also thought DJ should have gone through despite her father. But I bet the staff are relieved not to have to deal with him.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Naja, DJ was the one who's mother left the family (10 "kids" and the husband) and who sang her own song "Scars".

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh! I got mixed up

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I finally watched my recording this morning. I cried learning about DJ and her 9 siblings having their mother walk out on all of them. I'm so glad they all have an involved Dad.

Of course I had an interested in hearing Claudia Conway and her story. I feel so bad for this your lady and wish her well.

Hey! How about the young Country Western singer, Alex Miller. All the judges were impressed with him and Luke got up, grab a guitar, did social distancing and asked the young man to play a song with him. The duo performance was great! Luke says he wants to see this young man singing at the Grand Ole Opry.

Overall, I really enjoyed the first show and I have to say that Katie looked really nice in her various outfits. I look forward to keep watching the show. It definitely brings something new to watch on TV during this Covid pandemic.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We absolutely LOVED Alex Miller! So much talent in a young person. You could tell he's been performing for a long time, cause he's got so much stage presence even though he's only 17! I hope he goes a long way!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, Alex Miller was amazing!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Alex was awesome!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto! :-) Great fun.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, March 01, 2021 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
"There is no such thing as failure. When you win you win. When you lose you learn." Lionel Richie.