TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 05, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVIII: The “Live” Shows: Archive through May 05, 2020 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I really haven't watched much of the show - did the guy with the dreads from Louisiana make it to the top 20?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
On again tonight!

And yes he did make it.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I liked the introduction with Philip.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m a little behind but no one else is posting so far so ....

Louis is through and he’s both talented and likable.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So the next one through is Julia. From New York, singing New York State of Mind. Sounds good to me. Love the song. The judges loved her performance.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
And Roxip’s guy, Jovin is in the top ten! I don’t know the song he’s singing. Judges liked it but I think they’ll like everyone.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Next through to the top ten is Grace. She’s singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow. She’s good but it’s been sung so much.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Next through to the top ten is Jonny. He’s singing Faithfully. I don’t know it. I like it though.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Next through to the top ten is Sophia. She truly looks shocked. She is singing In My Room. Argh ... I don’t know it but I should. My wife says The Beach Boys played it at all their concerts.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The next person through is Arthur. He’s singing Take Me Home Country Roads. That seems unexpected to me. Very different! Reggae. I like him though.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The next through is Just Sam. She’s singing a song for her grandma called Grandma’s Hands. Great story. Very musical.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The next person through is Dillon. Singing Yesterday in a country style. It’s such a wonderful song but again it’s just been sung so much, it’s hard for me to get excited over it. He seemed to sing it very carefully. The judges were complimentary but a little more critical than usual.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I missed the first hour. Are you going to color code the banner so we know who made top ten/eleven?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The final one through is Francisco (unless there is a save). Singing Falling Like the Stars. Judges liked it (of course).

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh I’ll update the banner for sure. :-)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Will the judges save? Of course they will. They have saved Makayla.

Saying goodbye to everyone else like in 5 seconds. Ryan literally says see ya. That’s brutal. They must be crushed. There one moment and then gone. Done. Finished.

She is singing The House that Built Me.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was an okay show but I just wish they could find someone more unique. Just once I’d like to see someone do something more out there. Really go for it.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I had 8 of the top 10 picked. Thought for sure Nick would be in the top 10. Didn't expect Grace or Jovin to be though. And, the judge's save, Makayla will prob be one to go next wk any way. They should have waited to use their one & only save IMO.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Happy for Just Sam. Did Wackerman make it through?

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, May 04, 2020 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Mame, yes...Sophia Wackerman made it through. Did you hear she changed her last name to her brother's first name? She's now known as Sophia James. I guess this is a stage name? I love her brother James.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 04, 2020 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yay! Thanks Eggie. :-)

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, May 04, 2020 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I saw a brief interview (or I briefly saw an interview...not sure which) with Lionel Ritchie and he said the hardest part was not being able to give a hug and a proper goodbye.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, May 04, 2020 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I haven't finished watching yet...but from the Banner God's banner above, it appears that the younguns that most of us didn't care for, didn't make it, is that a fair statement?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, May 04, 2020 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL ... probably. I think the viewer demographics tend to favor older performers or at the least, performers who are singing older songs. It's a mix between voting for the performer and voting for the song choice. I think familiar song choices influence voting.

From my perspective though, as much as I love songs like "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", unless the performer does something amazing with it, I've heard it a lot. I'm also influenced by having two teenagers so I'm familiar with a lot of modern music.

I felt so sorry for the ones who were eliminated. Talk about a fast goodbye and see ya later (or in this case, see you later .... not!). I don't know why they're rushing this season so much. It's not like they've got anything else to show us!

Also, the judges are so useless (compared to Simon for example in the good old days). They're not mean but they are useless.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 05, 2020 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My favorite all-time performance of Somewhere Over the Rainbow was that white guy with dreads - for some reason I'm thinking his name is Jason Castro?