TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 29, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVIII: The “Live” Shows: Archive through April 29, 2020 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I wasn’t sure what to call this but I’m enjoying it so far.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I liked Louis. A lot of these performances are very cool. I’m enjoying the newer songs more than the older but maybe that’ll change.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I liked Lauren. Nice voice!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
haha, In the first hour, Louis and Lauren were my favs as well! I can't watch the second hour until later.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, good title, thanks for creating a thread.

I enjoyed a majority of the performances tonight. I found the format fun to watch, it was more natural if that makes sense.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Really quite enjoyed it.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I can't wait to watch!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
In the second hour, I liked Dillon James a LOT.

It's too late to vote now, but for the future, here is the voting page. You sign in with your ABC info. Maybe Jimmer can put it up top the page?

https://idolvote.abc.com/

I used the app on my phone as well. You can vote both places.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I like Dillon too and want him to go at least to the top 10. It sounds like half of them will be gone next Sunday. Which one is Lauren? I don't have their names down yet.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, Lauren was the one singing on a deck with a beautiful lake behind her. The judges commented on what a great place to be locked down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRGET7JRmvM

Spoton

09-16-2005

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I was pleasantly surprised by the new format. I thought it worked very well. I didn't miss the live audience one bit. Brave to the Idol production gurus! I like at least half of them. Not too excited about the teen girls still in the comp. But so many potentially great singers!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Naja, thank you.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wanted to text vote for the guy with the yellow dred ocks but don’t know his number. He sang at the beginning. Like #2 or 3. Does anyone know his number. My DVR cut off early. I don’t want to go to the website.
ETA looks like voting is closed anyway.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Spoton I thought the teen girls were trying too hard to be sexy. I’m no prude, but I thought it was not appropriate.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Lakecat - that could be it. Like they are singing songs too far outside of their life experience, and they just don't "fit".

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I voted for Dillon James - first time I've voted for anybody in years.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Not to be a downer but I hear the ratings weren't very good. Some viewers are attributing that more to the delay in starting this part of the show, more than the format itself.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We enjoyed it. Some very talented singers this year. I keep thinking back to the more "amateur" singers we had in the olden days with Simon, Randy and Paula. Are these judges just better at picking talent than they were? There were some pretty awful singers in those days (I'm thinking of the guy from Puerto Rico who always sang flat and when the key changed, he kept singing along in the same key he was in--awful!).

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching and thoroughly enjoyed it. Just Sam is amazing!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I like Katy Perry but for me, I did not like her showing up as a bottle of hand sanitizer. I kept wanting to understand why she was covering herself up. Maybe she didn't want to show her growing belly with her pregnancy? At any rate, I hope she doesn't wear that silly "costume" for future shows. Just my

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was an okay joke to lighten things up but I think she should have removed it after the introduction. Leaving it on all that time kind of didn't work for me. It was too distracting and not in a good way.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
not a fan of any of the teen gals. Really like a bunch of the guys & think top 10 should be mostly male. Dylan is a fav. The blonde white guy is a fav. The guy that came w/girlfriend but she didn't make it this far is a fav. The really handsome guy that Lyonel had an issue with in his audition is a fav. The guy that sings like Joe Cockerel is a fav.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm not necessarily a fan of the teen girls either, and I like all that Texasdeb does plus Just Sam.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I like Wackerman-James and Just Sam.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, Wackerman, too!