TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The “Live” Shows

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVIII: The “Live” Shows users admin

American Idol

American Idol Voting

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 29, 2020Scooterrific25 04-29-20  9:22 am
Archive through May 05, 2020Roxip25 05-05-20  6:51 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 06, 2020 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm not enjoying this season anymore. I think I am going to give it up. We'll see. I know I couldn't make it through 15 minute of The Voice home videos either. I feel like I'm watching YouTube or Instagram. I feel sad about this, but I think I am out until next season.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, May 06, 2020 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I am still enjoying the kids. I think it is sad they had to do it this way, but I don't think they had much choice. I don't think they could have just said to the ones that made it to the top 20 "tough luck, we aren't going to do this season" or make them wait until next season. So, I will hang in there with them.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 06, 2020 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Lazylu. I'm not really emotionally invested in any of them, but I'm still enjoying the show.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, May 06, 2020 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree it's pretty disappointing but I'll watch.

Nothing to do with it being at home but they need new judges that actually judge. The judges' comments are useless.

They're really mailing this season in (almost literally). It will take a miracle for someone to get a career out of this.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, May 11, 2020 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm still enjoying it. I think I like seeing them in their "natural habitats" LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 11, 2020 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched since I didn't realize there is so little left. Next week is the grand finale already. We went from top 20 to winner in 3 weeks. Those poor kids really got ripped off.

eta: I voted for Dillon for the win.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, May 11, 2020 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I watched a tape delayed AI this afternoon and missed out on voting this time.

We're down to 7:

Arthur, Dillon, Francisco, Jonny, Louis, Just Sam and Julia.

Good group here. I have three favorites and let's see who wins next week.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, May 11, 2020 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I'm actually really enjoying this season. More singing, no "dim the lights" drama, and I like the song choices. I do not like Katy's costumes. We all know she's pregnant, she ought to be flaunting instead of hiding it in those ridiculous getups.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, May 11, 2020 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I have 3 fav's: Dillan, Jonny & Louis. Just Sam is my next fav but IMO she is just not as ready for the fame & she doesn't do anything but sing & the others all play instruments so I give them points for that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 17, 2020 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Vote for the winner now during the live show before the voting window closes!

Dillon, Jonny, Arthur, Fransisco or Just Sam
https://idolvote.abc.com/

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 17, 2020 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The song choices are so awesome so far!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 17, 2020 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Some results....

Arthur and Just Sam top 2.

Goodbye to the rest. We don't know the order of them.

Winner after the commercial.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 17, 2020 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The 2020 American Idol is.............

Just Sam

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, May 17, 2020 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't know what to say.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, May 17, 2020 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I was very happy with the top five, top two and with our winner Just Sam. I hope all of the top five have careers in music.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, May 17, 2020 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Congratulation and good luck Sam. I hope they treat you right. Good luck to Arthur and Dillon too. I hope you all go far in the music industry.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, May 17, 2020 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Sorry, I left Johnny and Francisco. On another site they thought Francisco would be the winner. My favorite was Julia. :-) See you next year.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I liked Sam....but I honestly didn't think she'd win...there were some very talented artists this season. I hope to see them ALL go far.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I hope ALL of them go far too.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I am delighted. Although I felt multi-talented JW should/would win, I was rooting for Just Sam. :-)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was a weird season due to all of the quarantining.

Starting with the negatives, I don't think these judges add anything to the show. Their so called "critiques" are useless for the most part. I was also particularly disappointed with Katy and her various costumes. A little bit of that is fun but constantly wearing funny outfits made a mockery of the show and the contestants. It's hard to take the artists and the competition seriously when a "judge" is making comments while being dressed as a bottle of hand sanitizer.

None of the contestants particularly amazed me but I am happy with Just Sam being the winner. I like that she is a bit different and I hope she can make it work. Pretty crazy how isolated she has been all this time. Her grandmother was cute on FaceTime.

Finally. I did enjoy the "We are the World" finale. It's a nice song and it was fun seeing all the different performers including some that we haven't seen in a while.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
As soon as the winner was announced, my hubby said (with some amazement), "For once it's not a white guy with a guitar!" That seems to have been the pattern for the past few years. I'm happy for her. I wish her every success. And the rest of them, too. So many talented performers this year!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: