TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 20, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 16: General Discussion: Archive through May 20, 2019 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 18, 2019 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think it may be how Adam threw his own singer, DeAndre, under the bus and wouldn't stand up for him against the girl who was a sick and just watching from the audience. I think he told everyone to vote for the one who didn't sing. It really felt awful when it happened.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Friday, April 19, 2019 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Naja, yes, that is what bothered me. I changed the channel and did not go back. I figure, I have choices so I watch something else. I have read some posts on message boards but that is it. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 22, 2019 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't like that they put Jacob up against Carter tonight. I like them both. Maybe Jacob a little more.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was so happy both Jacob and Carter got to stay! :-)

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
watched the remaining 24 last night:
Blake - 8 contestants
Kelly - 6 contestants
John - 6 contestants
Adam - 4 contestants

A lot will be cut tonight - I think 1/2 of them but I'm not sure of that.

IMO - This seasons AI contestants are in a league above these Voice contestants.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
1/2 did go home & the winner of the comeback comp will make the new count 13:
Blake - 6 folks
Kelly - 3 folks
John - 2 folks (may have John & Kelly's #s reversed)
Adam - 2 folks

America voted on the 24 & the top 8 vote getters are included. Adam didn't have any in this top 8. Each coach got to pick one of their remaining folks to stay. The winner of the comeback challenge got to choose which coach he wanted & he picked Adam since that was the coach he had originally.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 4:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was a little disappointed in Carter's performance last night, but I still voted for him. I also voted for Kim Cherry. She did such a good job with one of my fav songs from the 90s "Whatta Man".

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I think Carson said that 5 will go home tonight. I was most impressed with John Legend's folks last night especially the guy teacher from Houston that sang a Luther V. song.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I would predict that Blake will lose 2 of his 3 country singing guys tonight. The way they changed it up this yr is why Blake has so many more of his folks left than the others & he has too many folks that are similar so the voters will probably split - he could lose all 3 because of this. We'll see.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What change did they make that resulted in Blake having so many people left?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think it's those one on one battles with people from 2 different teams. And Blake's people kept winning.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
That's exactly what happened, Naja. The 2nd round used to pair 2 folks from the same team w/one either going home or being stolen by another coach. This season, they paired them by opposing teams. One coach would have to choose a contestant from his team & then pick the coach of another team who would decide which of his contestants would go against that contestant. Supposedly, America voted on each pairing & the winner would be safe with the other one going home or being up for grabs for stealing or saving.
Each coach got 1 save & 1 steal in this round.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
All 4 coaches saves from last wk went home tonight along with the comeback guy. So, Adam is out of contestants, Blake has 5, John has 2, & Kelly has 1. Odds are in Blake's fav for one of his to win but I like John's folks better.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think that Adam is a victim of the instant tweet save show being shown on the East Coast 3 hours prior to the West. I saw a thing on Twitter that showed most of the retweets for Mari came just a few minutes after the East Coast timeframe cut-off.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The tweeting and east coast = viewers concept is just one reason I stopped watching. That and the increased emphasis on the coaches.

And that change in battle was Naja describes seems to make it more about the coaches.

I am West coast, but that would never lead me to favor Adam, if I was coach voting.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, but when I went on Twitter last night, I saw that they were asking for retweets to save LB and Mari. The show had not started yet on the west coast. So, if a chunk of their fans are here, then too bad for them.... They should also limit the amount of votes. From what I could tell, when you vote, you can vote 10 for any or all contestants.....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So West coast viewers must somehow be home early or tweeting at work and should vote without hearing the performance?

Yep, too bad for us.

I guess the performance doesn't matter and America = East Coast

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sigh. One of the only ways left to encourage people to watch live TV is to make it interactive. But if they make it live and interactive then the West Coast loses because it’s too early for most people there to watch and participate. There’s no good answer here.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
If they would have it on at 10 EST then it would be 7 PST. Maybe that would work?
I am not watching but do read on here so am not sure if that would be feasible.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
4 of the remaining 8 go home tonight. Hard to guess who America is voting for. I like the 2 from John's team the best so I hope they both make top 4.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The whole thing does not seem fair to me, so I’m not watching this season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would rather watch a fair show with no fan input, or no instant input where the voting is over. But that has been a factor in decisions to stop watching some shows. Not the only factor, though.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Blake's 3 country singing guys & the gal from John's team will be the top 4. Adam & Kelly don't have anyone in the top 4.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I don’t think it’s good for Blake to have 3 in the finale. His fans may split the votes between the 3 and none of them win. Not good....

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
finale night. Each of the 4 remaining will sing a cover song, a duet w/their coach, & a new original. Voting is open throughout.