TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 24, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVII: Auditions: Archive through March 24, 2019 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 04, 2019 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
New thread (and area) for this season of American Idol! First audition show was yesterday (Sunday March 3rd).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, March 04, 2019 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Was not all that impressed with the burping girl.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 04, 2019 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm about 1 hour into the show, and while I'm really enjoying it, they are spending far too much time on the produced backstories. Plus, they have let 2 bad singers through already.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, March 04, 2019 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
they are suckers for sob stories, stories seem more important than singing talent. And melisma rules.
Myra Tran From 'American Idol' Already Won A Major Singing Competition

At just 16 years old, Tran actually competed on and won Season 2 of The X Factor Vietnam in 2016. She captivated the judges there, and wanted to compete on American Idol to further establish her talent and work toward her goals.
sings in high school choir indeed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 04, 2019 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watch about 30 seconds to a minute of the back story, and then I FF to the audition. I think one of the back stories was almost 10 minutes long. So I never really know these people's stories unless they make to the live shows. And then maybe I start caring to know.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 04, 2019 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The last story was really sad (they always save the emotional tear-jerkers till the end). That poor boy lost both of his brothers to suicide. That's horrible. There must be a genetic tendency to depression in that family. Very, very sad.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 04, 2019 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I know SYTYCD has had contestants who have won other countries' competitions...I don't have a problem with American Idol doing it.

I'm sorry I missed taping it. Perhaps I can catch it On Demand.

Did Evelyn from 90 Day Fiancee made an appearance?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, March 04, 2019 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have no problems with people winning other shows but they should not cover it by saying she sings in school choir. Since some choirs do competitions they do not allow older students to perform. At 19, she may not be in school choir. Just tell the truth. It would make her more interesting.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, March 04, 2019 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I thought they let through some bad singers, the burping girl was ridiculous and Lionel made a fool of himself IMO, I expected better of him. How could they not put through some of them after listening to their sob stories. Hollywood will weed some of them out.

Azriel

08-01-2000

Monday, March 04, 2019 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Azriel a private message Print Post    
The guy who rapped and lied that Lionel was an inspiration but couldn’t name one song, why, why, did they let him through?

The girl that they said had really blue eyes that went through. I didn’t get that at all. I feel like she got through because she had a look they want because her voice was very weak and unimpressive.

The only two I really liked was the Louisiana country singer and the girl who’s mom really liked Lionel. The country singer needs to find some personality to go with his awesome voice, though.

Azriel

08-01-2000

Wednesday, March 06, 2019 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Azriel a private message Print Post    
Tonight has just been ridiculous. The people they are letting through are horrible. I don't know if I can keep watching this trainwreck.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, March 06, 2019 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
and they go on and on about how everyone is so brilliant. really? I am surprised they did not put the off key disney couple through.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
It has become America's Saddest Idol. If your story is sad enough, you go to Hollywood.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
At the risk of sounding miserable it should be about their potential as a performer not their background. I’d be happy to see a show with a different premise that helps people out in other ways but I don’t want to listen to someone sing just because I feel sorry for them.

This show needs someone like Simon back on the judging panel and involved in production.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think we might be used to how polished and produced the singers are when we first see them on the "The Voice". They start out with all the perks on their very first appearance.

I checked a couple old eps of AI, and really, most of the ones they let through during the first auditions seem a bit lackluster. What's missing are the purposely shown bad auditions. I miss those. Just as I miss Simon's harsh critiques.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't miss the bad auditions, but I am tired of the sob stories. I do feel for them, but it is a singing competition. The lady with the hat that fell off, why was she put through and told she was a star? The guy in the beanie with grey hair, it's not right to tell him he is going to win it all. I guess there is no point of continuing the show Yes, we need Simon!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, glad I opted out last season and stayed out for this.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't think it's bad at all. I just have a couple of complaints like I do with almost every show at the beginning.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I will admit that the judges have made me laugh so Naja is correct it is not all bad.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
FYI if you want to be spoilered while watching the show
http://www.theidolpad.com/

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked the Latino singer, although he may be a bit too much. I want to hear him sing something mainstream.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
He did have a great personality

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I kinda liked Eddie Island. Plus, he has a super cool name.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, March 18, 2019 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I believe they said tonight's show is the last of the auditions.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, March 24, 2019 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
my favorite group sing on hollywood week, I see it is just 2 hours this year, bummer.