TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Auditions

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVII: Auditions users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 24, 2019Sadiesmom25 03-24-19  6:20 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, March 24, 2019 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well that was crap. it is all about the judges having to say no and how hard it is for them, so far only one group partially sand a song. everyone else, the judges were just soooo sad. you are doing great to make me hate this show.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m very close to just giving up on AI. It’s hardly at all about singing anymore. It’s a singing show where the singing is incidental to the show. Ridiculous.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It seems weird to see last year's
Dancing with the Stars winner as the mentor on this show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love Bobby Bones. He's so full of life and cheer. I think he's a great mentor. He's discovered (or at least promoted) several country stars, including Chelsea Ballerini. He knows his stuff, and I think he's a great person to encourage them to do their best.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
As soon as I saw Juan Pablo in room 2, I knew that was the room going home. He was so annoying.

There are so many I like in the ones that stayed. I love that tiny Latino girl, and have liked Eddie Island since his first audition. There are a couple of the country singing boys I really enjoyed and a few more. I'll see who makes it to the voting shows before I set myself up for another heartbreak. hahaha

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I knew Juan Pablo was when he sang his solo. He was totally pitchy, and you could tell by looking at Katy's face that he was out.

I'm with you, Naja. Don't get too attached to anyone until we get to the voting shows!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, the top 20 performances were incredible tonight. This is such a good group Better than we've seen in years. I think there were 2 I wasn't thrilled with, but even they were good.

The only one I am pretty positive won't be going to top 14 is Ryan Hammond.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
They are really good. I'm liking the guys a lot. None of the gals stick out yet to me. The blondes or the brunettes ?? Many guys stick out.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I asked Jimmer to make is a banner this year when we find out the top 14 for the live shows. I feel like it will help with discussions. Most of the time I have forgotten their names by the time I get around to posting who I liked that day.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I were also very impressed with the top 20 this year. Not a clunker in the bunch (as opposed to some years past--remember Zoanette? Ugh!!!!!). I think the judges have done a great job finding real talent this year. We felt like last night's show was a variety show, rather than amateurs.

I think there are some great girls. The one they keep comparing to Kelly Clarkson is fabulous. The cute little country singer who's only 16 and gorgeous and sang Dolly Parton's "Jolene" (hubby thought she sounded just like Dolly; I thought she was better). A couple more, but I just can't be bothered with names until there are fewer of them.

Great show last night! (And I loved that they got to go to Hawaii. Disney owns the Aulani, so I'm sure they all got a discount. )

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I just want Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon to win the whole thing - he's the gay son of the pastor who doesn't approve of Jeremiah being gay.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Uncle Ricky my hubby and I are rooting for him too! ( I also really liked the skinny tall cowboy with the holes in his boots, but he's toast now, and I'm very disappointed.) I agree BJM, so many of them are super talented it's just a pleasure to watch.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We love Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon, but I'm not sure he's good enough to win. I do love to see how they grow throughout the season, though, so many he'll surprise us.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Evelyn looked soo familiar to me so I googled her. She was on “90 Day Fiancé”. She and her husband, who is from Spain, are still together and she’s in the TOP 20. I don’t watch this show, I just happened to see her sing tonight on a repeat show.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
goodness, one guy sings through his nose and they congratulate him for being on key the entire song? that should be a given as much as not singing through his nose. I am getting too grouchy to watch this show. back to while you were out.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, April 07, 2019 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
show just started. Contestants singing duets w/their famous idols. Ryan just said that at the end of the night, judges will be sending 3 contestants home.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 07, 2019 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's who went home tonight after singing their celebrity duet. BTW, tonight's show was incredible!

1. Bumbly :-(
2. Kate
3. Shawn

3 more go home tomorrow, and we end up with our top 14 for the live shows.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I had picked Kate and Shawn to go home, but we were surprised at Bumbly! I thought she did great and was much stronger than the Harry Potter kid.

Great show last night. I see some future stars in there!

BTW, my DH read online this morning that Bobby Bones will be hosting the show tonight, as Ryan Seacrest was ill when it was filmed. Pretty handy that they have a qualified DJ on hand to fill in. I'm sure BB will be great. (Ryan should be worried.)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Ryan may want to move on from AI because he's involved in so many projects now.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I don’t watch AI anymore because I’ve grown tired of Ryan Seacrest for sometime now.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wade was incredible tonight! Wow!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought Raquel ruined Tiny Dancer. I hope she goes home.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The 3 going home tonight....

1. Ryan Hammond
2. Logan Johnson
3. Raquel Trinidad

So that makes this the top 14 for next week's live shows! That means we start voting next week.

1. Laci Kaye Booth
2. Ashley Hess
3. Walker Burroughs
4. Madison Vandenburg
5. Uche
6. Laine Hardy
7. Evelyn Cormier
8. Dimitrius Graham
9. Riley
10. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon
11. Alyssa Raghu
12. Wade Cota
13. Eddie Island
14. Alejandro Aranda

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I watched tonight....I liked Dimitrius, Jeremiah and Alejandro, also Wade. All guys!!!!
But my fav was Dimitrius.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I loved "The Grahams." I wasn't surprised Raquel went home. She was singing to herself, not her audience. Lionel was right. You need to connect to your audience (that's why they tell them to keep their eyes open, too). I felt no connection to her.

Loved, loved, loved the last three guys. All great and fabulous duets. You don't have to sing loud to be emotional. I was touched by all three.

Not a fan of Evelyn. I don't like the way she sings in the back of her throat. She sounds like she's strangling. Doesn't appeal to me.

Jeremiah knocked it totally out of the park last night. Very pleased for him. I just want to hug him. I hate that his parents have rejected him. I want to adopt him.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: