TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 30, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Masked Singer - Season 1: General Discussion: Archive through January 30, 2019 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Hecka the peacock is pretty spry for a 60 yr old. I’m thinking he’s from a boy band and a little younger than Donny.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Donny is in great shape, Im 99 % sure its him. the clues fit

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I fast forward through so much of this show, just totally annoyed by the judges and Nick, but listen to performances and clues..

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Glad they reran the first episode because it gave me a chance to watch the show that all of you were talking about. It's a fun premise. The judges are a huge annoying distraction. Can't stand Ken Jeong. Or whatever the heck his name is.He always gets on my last nerve no matter what he's on.
And Robin Thicke sales 100% exactly like his dad Alan Thicke. And for some reason that kind of bugs me and I don't know why. LOL. Like Sea I will be fast-forwarding through all that judge crap.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I saw somewhere that this show was recorded back in June. It is not a live show.

Oh, the Peacock is 100% Donny Osmond. I guessed him the first night when they said his career started when he walked on stage at the age of 5 (when he started performing with his older brothers), he was friends with Michael Jackson (they were about the same age) and "it's been a long time since your mother had my poster on her bedroom wall." Totally Donny.

This show is stupid, but I hang in there cause I'm curious to see who's in each costume.

I think the Monster could possibly be Donnie Walhberg. Wouldn't that be hilarious for him to show up on his wife's show?

The judges on this show are awful. I can't stand most of them. I actually like Nicole the best. She uses her head instead of just blurting things out like, "Oh, this person's definitely a trained singer." It's not that hard to do vibrato. I'm not a trained singer and I can do vibrato. (Although I am pretty good. )

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the judges over act so badly!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So what was Donny's second song? I've only seen bits and pieces of this show.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL for that matter what was his first song? I haven’t watched this (yet).

Rhodarobin

06-25-2014

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rhodarobin a private message Print Post    
The peacock's 2nd song was Counting Stars.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Watch tonight for the first time. It’s pretty amusing.
First impression Kelly Clarkston is the bee.
Loytoya Jackson is the poodle
Molly Cyrus the Alien

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Raven might be Ricki Lake.. she made reference to Hudson and losing someone recently. I googled.. Ricki Lake is from Hudson NY and her ex husband died about a year ago.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Firebird, I doubt any of those three would do this show.. at least Kelly seems above it and Miley Cyrus just got married recently so she has been busy with that.

In the shows I watched no one sounded at the level of either of them.

I couldn't record tonight, had other conflicting shows.

Is the Peacock still the front runner?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I had Margaret Cho pegged from the beginning. I went by body type and being a stand up comidinne.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Which character was Margaret?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sea, Margaret was the poodle.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I missed part of the show. Where was the lion last night? Was that one already unmasked?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ha! I bet she enjoyed the irony of being a poodle.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 25, 2019 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Don't think the lion was in the competition this week. They only have 4 sing per show, so they rotate them.

I actually find all of the judges annoying. Robin Thicke is just smarmy. Jenny McCarthy is, well, Jenny McCarthy. Ken Jeong is way over the top. Only one I actually like is Nicole (I'm not even going to attempt to spell her last name). She seems fairly grounded and doesn't think everybody is a "trained singer" (like Jenny McCarthy).

I had guessed Margaret Cho on the first show, but then forgot about all the clues. I need to write these things down!

I think the Bee is definitely Gladys Knight.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 25, 2019 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Gladys Night was the only one I guessed before the judges last episode. I just don't see how it could be anybody else.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 26, 2019 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Agree, Naja.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 26, 2019 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Here's an update from the website that lists the clues:

https://tvline.com/gallery/masked-singer-clues-season-1-celebrities-revealed-photos/#!1/masked-singer-alien-1/

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well for sure the alien in LaToya. The badge from Muncie, Indiana, clinched it. She's a reserve cop in Muncie. I watched the show where she went through the training. "Armed and Famous".

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
The Alien is definitely La Toya Jackson as tonight's clue of the Muncie Indiana police badge gave it away. La Toya was one of the stars of "Armed & Famous", a reality TV series from 10 years ago where the stars were all temporary sworn police officers in Muncie Indiana.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
you beat me to it Naja

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I finally watched this show (I’m a couple of episodes behind) and I’m glad I did. It sounded silly when I first heard about it but it’s so much fun! The costumes are amazing, the show is funny but the performances are really good as well!