TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Masked Singer - Season 1: General Discussion users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 09, 2019Kitt25 01-09-19  11:01 pm
Archive through January 19, 2019Heckagirl63125 01-19-19  6:43 pm
Archive through January 30, 2019Jimmer25 01-30-19  8:31 pm
Archive through February 09, 2019Seamonkey25 02-09-19  10:33 am
Archive through February 28, 2019Babyjaxmom25 02-28-19  12:08 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 28, 2019 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The judges that I liked were the temporary ones: Kenan Thompson (who I thought might cry listening to Gladys last night) and Joel McHale. Even though they are comedians, both were very serious and not over the top like the others.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 28, 2019 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
T-Pain used auto tune for years and was ripped on the internet for it. So, for him to use his real voice probably helped his career quite a bit. He had a great voice.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 03, 2019 - 1:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Cultural understanding ..hmm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4123480/Cultural-understanding-Nick-Cannon-explains-reason-wearing-turbans-Ellen-DeGeneres-Show.html

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, March 03, 2019 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I still think he looks silly. I'd much rather see him with his natural hair. I wonder if it has something to do with his lupus.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 03, 2019 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think I know why they renewed it before it even aired. They wanted to get the next season started before it was out in the general public for spies that do the spoilers to find their way into the tapings or the general area to gather spoilers.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 03, 2019 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
they need to make the clues harder. I figured out a lot of them by the clues before spoilers were swirling

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, March 03, 2019 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, you and I may have figured out a lot of them by the clues, but apparently the judges don't listen to the clues. There was a lot of senseless guessing (I'm looking at you Ken Jeong and Jenny McCarthy).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 03, 2019 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sometimes I wondered if those judges were just trying to not give away that they all knew, to make the show more interesting?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 03, 2019 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch most of the shows, but for those I did, I agree that the clues have way too much away. And that the so called judges were either pretending to ignore the clues, or were just clueless.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 03, 2019 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
bjm, I think the judges are a joke. they had to know and I think producers feed them stuff to guess. I stopped watching because of the judges and Nick

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 03, 2019 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too. I also wonder why a credible singer would want to do this.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 03, 2019 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The judges were way too campy, I agree.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 04, 2019 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If it got too serious, it wouldn't be as much fun.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 04, 2019 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think it can be fun without being so campy/fake.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, March 04, 2019 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I can't stand Ken. He's totally obnoxious.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 04, 2019 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I read an article about the security measures they go to on this show to keep the singers identity secret. The judges and Nick do NOT know who the singers are. Only a handful of people know. Even the director doesn't know. They have to remain disguised at all times, including coming and going to the studio/set. Anyone who comes with them has to be disguised. They're not allowed to talk to anyone, since someone could recognize their speaking voice. One of the contestants (he/she wasn't identified in the article) said it was very isolating, since they're used to be friendly with everyone on a set and they had to keep to themselves.

I think the judges just don't pay attention to the clues. They're too busy trying to hog camera time (Ken and Jenny). I like that we're able to guess the clues, although I had no clue who the Monster was--probably because I don't know who T-Pain is.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 04, 2019 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
What is fun to one person, may be irritating to another.

Security, but some of the clues were so obvious, how could they not know? The script is for them to mostly not know.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 04, 2019 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Very true, Sea.

There are some campy things I like, like some of the rides at Disney (Jungle Cruise!).

But this didn't come off as funny, just mildly annoying.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 04, 2019 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh we just took that cruise 2 wks ago and they horrible jokes and bad puns are still plentiful ...and I LOVE IT!

Rhodarobin

06-25-2014

Wednesday, March 06, 2019 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rhodarobin a private message Print Post    
I listened to Joey Fatone's podcast after he was revealed and Robin Thicke was a call in guest. He said he figured out that Joey was the rabbit quite early, but kept guessing others to throw the other judges off. I thought that was interesting.
Also, the judges didn't get to dissect all the clue packages like we did. They got to see them once, and it was loud, and if they missed something, they missed it. No rewind, no YouTube, no google.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 06, 2019 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that's right. This was pre-recorded and not live. So were they making them every week or did they make them all in advance before the season even started?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: