TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 21, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVI: Live Shows: Archive through May 21, 2018 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
OMG! Steve Perry was there!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Gabby totally screwed up "Don't Stop Believin'" in my opinion. Very bad.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I had this on but didn't pay much attention (this show just doesn't hold my attention like it used to). I surprised that Gabby even made top 10. I think either Maddie or Kaleb should win & I don't have a fav between the 2.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't even record it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It was a fun show, Sea. Very enjoyable. Caleb made me cry on his hometown visit.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I've lost that lovin' feeling for Gabby, too. Maddie is now our favorite. I actually was able to vote last night (since they didn't start the show at 5:00 o'clock and require you to vote by the last commercial). Gave all 10 of my votes to Maddie.

The hometown visits were sweet (as always). Omg, Steve Perry used to be so sexy, and now he's old! (I am, too. ) Gabby was awful on Don't Stop Believin'.

I've decided Katy Perry is my favorite judge. She's the only one who tells them the truth about their performance and doesn't gush about how now they're "a star." And could Luke talk any slower???

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
People here seem to have a lot more lovin' feeling for AI than The Voice. There are very few posts for The Voice.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'll be surprised if Caleb doesn't win.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I like AI much better, but I think they ruined it by putting it on once a week on Sunday nights.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I forgot it was on and missed it. It's not part of my regular Sunday night schedule. Plus, on the West coast it starts at 5pm. I'm usually doing other things until 8... then, I watched Little Women on PBS.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I prefer Gabby's stage presence, and Maddie's personality, and really don't like Caleb I find him snide, arrogant, and off-putting.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I forgot it was on as well. It’s the first long weekend of the summer here so we’re a bit distracted.

At the risk of being cynical, young white guys seem to have had the edge on winning the last few years so that’s why I figured Caleb for the win. But as I said, I didn’t watch the performances.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
It was great seeing Steve Perry but wow, he has aged as I have aged and that didn't make me feel so good, lol!

I thought Gabby was cute at first but she's now trying too hard or something.

Maddie has always been cute and pure to her personality and singing talent, keeping it clean, presentable and enjoyable. If she wins AI, she'll be developed into "star presence" over time by her handlers, etc.

I think Caleb will be a huge Country Western singing star with that baritone voice of his. It is baritone, right? LOL... I just know it's deep, rich and full of awesomeness!! He sure looks great with losing the 85 pounds since his start on AI..wow!!

Lastly, I am still a Michael fan and I hope he will be successful in the music industry. His tone is angelic.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think the only problem Caleb has is he sounds just like Scotty who won a few years back. Scotty is doing fine with his country music.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I love The Voice and I don't understand why no one posts about this show. I've watched this show for years. Love all of the judges, even as they change them up.

I have not watched any of AI for the past few seasons. Don't know why because I always enjoyed it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here is the first person in the top 2.....

Caleb!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Second person in top 2 is....

Maddie!

Yes! That means Gabby is out! 3rd place.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Maddie and Caleb are dating and AI just gave them a trip to Hawaii :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And the winner is.................

Maddie!

Wow, that was an incredible finale. Worth watching every minute!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yes!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
so sweet how they all helped sing

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I zapped through most of the finale. Caught Maddie and Kermie and one of the ones who didn't make top 10 and her little sister and Mchael J and the guy who got his alpaca or whatever it was and Ada with Patti LaBelle. I think this was the right final order. Maddie fits the Disney mold as does Caleb so they will get work even if their first album doesn't come our for a while.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
when will they have time to take the trip, aren't Idols booked on shows anymore?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Naja, I just am not caring for any of these voting shows. I am kind of sad about it but not compelled to watch, as I was in the past.

I am recording tonight and might watch, though.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
I had not watched since the first few audition shows, but caught the last hour of tonight’s show because there was nothing else to watch. The final three were kind of blah to me, or maybe the sound on my TV was not that good, because I kept waiting to hear some outstanding vocals that never surfaced.