TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 14, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVI: Live Shows: Archive through May 14, 2018 users admin

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
My husband said that Jurnee sounds a lot like Beyonce when you listen with your eyes closed. I think he'll be disappointed to learn that she's gone.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
you really should not want someone who sounds like someone else, everyone needs to be unique, or unique for the living. Your idol should be stand alone, not in a tribute band.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I know it doesn't matter now but how come everyone except Catie sang a Prince song. Manic Monday by the Bangels & Oops by Britney Spears aren't Prince songs.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Manic Monday was written by Prince, apparently.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I did not know that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, he wrote it, under a pseudonym, and it was recorded by The Bangles. But it wouldn't be high on a list of songs associated with Prince.

I hear Catie forgot the lyrics.

I deleted my recording of the show.

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
Michael has star quality. All 5 of the finalists are really good, however, I CANNOT understand a word that Gabby sings. She does not pronounce the words at all. Katie Perry with hair looks fantastic.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I like Michael's performances, but I think he needs to enunciate words better.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I agree about Gabby. She has a pretty voice, but how can you enjoy it when you've no clue what she's singing. That's the main reason I put her as 5th. Do 1 or 2 go next wk?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Oh and Prince wrote a number of very successful songs for other artists.
http://people.com/music/songs-prince-wrote-for-others/

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Texasdeb and Nessietessie, I think Cade is worse than Gabby about not pronouncing his words. All he does is growl and mumble. Can't stand him. I'd like to see them take away his guitar for one week and see how well he does. We've already had a mess of white guys with a guitar. We need something else.

Maddie, Gabby and Caleb are my favorites.

Robinm

01-31-2006

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Robinm a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, I completely agree with you on your favorites.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Those 3 are by far my fav too.

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
1. Michael (showmanship, star quality)
2. Maddie (she is different)
3. Caleb (love his voice)
4. Cade (Gravely, take away guitar)
5. Gabby (Beautiful girl, can't understand what she is singing)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
sorry not going to the show of any of these, maybe if they waited a bit until they were older, it might have helped. I think there were too many young ones this year, most gone now.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I don't see any huge stars coming out of this!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
they said next year the show will be longer and you can grow and attachment to some singer. Think it wold be easier on the performers if they eliminate one at a time. It would also give them a chance to develop into more rounded performers.
cant' believe they will have Katy Perry back again,

I have come to the conclusion that the judges get to all be nice guys because the mentors give personal critiques, but how long do the mentors have to work with the contestants? And how much of that time is used up filming certain required scenes?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have followed this, watched some shows and not cared much if I missed them this season. Essentially tuned out, I guess.

Honestly, I think more time is probably good in general, but I think I will remain tuned out.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Katy'g got the Cher look going tonight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Final three singers,...............................

Caleb, Gabby, Maddie

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2018/05/american-idol-2018-top-3-winner-results-live-who-got-eliminated-tonight/

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, truly a show dedicated to Carrie. She works hard for her money. glad the last idol is finally getting hie record out, took me a while to remember him, that last season wasa short and miserable season as well.

shocked that Cade is out. but there were the people that I kept reading people liked.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Cade and Gabby apparently are dating.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I were extremely happy with the results of tonight's show, but OMG, American Idol was trying to kill me with all the moms! Even my hubby was crying, and he's not a cryer!

Maddie's last song (God Only Knows) was absolutely beautiful. That is a tough song to sing. Lots of key changes and unexpected chord progressions. Tough melody, too. But she was absolutely perfect. I hope she wins.

Also loved Gabby and Caleb. Hubby loves them too, even though he's not a big country fan.

Micheal was great too, especially with his mom. I was crying like a baby over all the moms. What a sweet show!

Let's see how long Cade and Gabby last now that he's no longer on the show. See ya, Cade!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I read a review.. All the moms.

I just deleted my recording without watching.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Katy looked like more like Crystal Gayle than Cher.

There's only one left that I am rooting for and that's Caleb. But I thought his second song last night was a dud.