TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 07, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVI: Live Shows: Archive through May 07, 2018 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
0k, they each get a chance to sing two songs, that is good that the last singer gets to have a chance for votes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hopefully they will choose a timeslot and season that isn't butting heads with other shows I watch. This year there have been so many conflicts on my DVR that I haven't been able to watch this show or the voice with enough consistency to care much what happens.

When I am able to record this I fast forward through the judges and quite a bit more.

Katy seems to be a very high priced attention hog .. All about her and her costume.. Disney night, ugh for the costumes, which had to be sanctioned by Disney and may well have been dictated by Disney.

The Disney songs were mostly pretty great and very enjoyable, so I was happy to hear them.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
I didn't think I would like Katy Perry, but I don't mind her at all. I think she's funny.

Hope they go back to old format and length of season next time though. This four weeks to finale once live shows start is not good.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree on both points. I’m enjoying all three judges far more than I thought I would.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Not that anybody asked, but I checked the listings and tonight 2 go home.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It did seem awfully rushed. Maybe since they are renewing, they will also have a longer season after auditions.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think the rush was more to do with just having too much programing. They used to go from the Bachelor to Dancing With the Stars and then to the Bachelorette. Trying to add in American Idol created a real time squeeze for them.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
this is being shown across the country now, right? so am I the only one watching in real time?
so far everyone was meh to awful or is that that I am back from a viewing and really down? Sorry Catie, really despised that Oops.

according to the judges, everyone is the second coming.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It mus be you because I am loving this show.

I'll be back when they get to results later.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They announced the entire top 7 will be going on tour.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Holy moly. Cade's "Jungle Love" is so much fun! I thought he did great.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the tour
http://americanidollive.com/
With Kris Allen as headliner. there are like 3 shows in NJ??? and none in NYC

they must want to get rid of Catie - first Oops then Manic monday, I thought they were both lifeless.

Cade is not my guy, sorry. spent way too much time listening to bar bands and that is what he reminds me of, sorry. Not trying to be a downer, I know these are not professionals, but they are not being given the time to improve.

Like Maddie's song though think she could punch it up a little more, but she has life. old lady mentality, I want to comb her hair.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Top 5 will be going to Nashville to work with Carrie Underwood.

ok, time for the results....

Caleb is safe!
Maddie is safe!
Cade is safe!
Gabby is safe!
Michael is safe!

Catie and Jurnee going home.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
no surprise there, now the question is was Catie set up with those two songs? Who convinced her they were the ones she should sing? or was it her bad luck that she just not know these were hard to change?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 5:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
If we base on last night only, the right 2 went home. Of course, the voting couldn't have been based only on that since voting opened @ the beginning of the show. I was almost sure that Catie would be safe & she really was the worst last night.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This whole voting methodology is weird but I guess ratings are all that matters to them.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I thought Maddie did extremely well in both songs.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think Caleb is going to win it all, but Maddie did extremely well too. The others are just not on par (singing wise) to those 2.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Maddie is my fav gal & Caleb is my fav guy for the win. However, I believe Cade has a strong chance of winning & I'm ok with that too.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
My money is on Maddie for the win. Caleb may come in second place only because someone like him has already won. They are both very good. Not sure that I enjoy Cade as much.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My favs were Catie, Caleb and Cade. The 3 Cs. I think my 2 left, Cade and Caleb, both have a good shot.

Robinm

01-31-2006

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Robinm a private message Print Post    
I voted for Jurnee to stay and Michael to leave. For some reason, I just can't get the Michael love.
My two favorites are Caleb and Maddie.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Sad about Jurnee because she truly has a beautiful voice, but it seemed hard to connect with her performances.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Maddie has been my fav since the beginning. And Caleb. And I love Gabby although it seems like I may be the only one here :-)

I think the right 2 went home, although I was okay with Michael going too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I actually like all of them, but I have my favs among them.