TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 06, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVI: Live Shows: Archive through May 06, 2018 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Thanks. I was not trying to be sensitive but you have to admit it is confusing. Quite honestly I looked at Ada as a role that Adam was playing, not as who he is.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Roxip, it's perfectly okay. There's a whole culture around drag and many of us don't have a lot of exposure to it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My exposure to drag consists of watching The Birdcage, Victor Victoria, Connie and Carla and To Wong Foo. I think I get the Hollywood version...LOL! (But Victor Victoria is one of the BEST movies!)

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
Gabby is a very beautiful girl, however, my husband and I do not understand a word she is singing. We hate when the new generation of singers don't know how to pronounce words.

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
Gabby is a beautiful girl, however, my husband and I do not understand a word she is singing. She does not pronounce her words.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I saw a really good clip about LGBTQ naming conventions a few years ago. It was part of a movie or TV show, but I don't remember which one now.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I have the same problem with Gabby, Nessietessie. I just can't enjoy her singing when the enunciation is so weak (in comparison to some others). However, the all sing a whole darn lot better than I do. LOL

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think Lisa Loopner ( Catie) will win.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Based in voting patterns, I think Cade, Caleb or Michael will win, with Maddie and/or Catie having an outside chance.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There have been practically no women winners in recent years. The last woman to win American Idol was Candice in Season 12 and then we have to go all the way back to Jordin in Season 6.

I'm not sure why it's so hard for a woman to win in recent seasons.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Gabby is a beautiful girl, however, my husband and I do not understand a word she is singing. She does not pronounce her words.

Nessietessie, that's exactly how I feel about Cade.

On the subject of trans people, I learned a TON about that culture from watching I Am Cait. Can't stand Caitlyn Jenner, but I loved all her friends! That knowledge really came in handy, because my son has a teenage friend who is a trans boy (bio girl who identifies as a boy). It's mostly about being respectful and not prying too far into someone else's business. Love and acceptance play a big part.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I learned about drag queen protocol from RuPauls Drag Race. I really love the show, it's light and fun.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My daughter loves that show. She has a friend who transitioned in high school (female to male).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Once again on Sunday, they played with Catie's mind.. calling Cade and Caleb, and leaving her near the end of safe.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Or they are playing the viewers to try and encourage more voting for her?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is also quite possible or likely..

But it is her heart that must drop when the Ca.. is not her..

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I loved watching Ada but don't feel this format was right for her style of performance. Better off on a stage somewhere, maybe Broadway someday.

The American Idol winner is ideally a recording star, touring, etc. and needs to be "current" . . . I feel like Gabby, Caleb, Catie (if she could mature a bit) or even Maddie could fill this easily. or Dennis could have. My opinion!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Gldnlvr, you and Simon agree on that, But what it is called American Idol, not pop star, so I am not sure it needs to be as limited to current. I think saleable would work.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
"Saleable" (or maybe "commercial") is probably the right term. That's what they're really looking for.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Marketable? Cash cow?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I ma not sure they have the same kind of contract lock ins, Kelly was locked in for 7 albums. Not sure about Carrie.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol_
controversies

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Is there a theme for tonight's show?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It has been renewed.

‘American Idol’ Renewed by ABC
By Daniel Holloway

ABC has renewed “American Idol.”

As Variety reported Thursday, a renewal recently became a lock. Strong ratings for the new season’s first live show on Sunday, which saw the highest levels of viewership since the season premiere, give ABC a positive narrative around the franchise to push heading into its upfront presentation May 16. Judges Katy Perry, Luke Bryan, Lionel Richie are set to return next season along with host Ryan Seacrest.

“We knew that ‘American Idol’ on ABC would unleash an opportunity for singers from all walks of life to realize their dreams and that these incredible contestants would have America rooting for their success,” said Channing Dungey, president, ABC Entertainment. “I am thrilled that Katy, Luke, Lionel and Ryan will be back to once again embark on this Idol journey with us to discover the next crop of inspiring talent.”

more at the link ...

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/american-idol-renewed-abc-1202798997/

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
According to mjsbigblog and Billboard, the themes for tonight are songs by Prince and songs from the year they were born.