TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 16, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVI: Auditions: Archive through April 16, 2018 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
melisma seems in fashion again. Not my favorite thing, I would have kept Layla over Catie.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was super disappointed that Layla didn't get through. I could live without Catie and her boots. Too much drama. Also not a fan of Cade.

Hubby and I loved Michelle and Luis (?) in their duet. We saw a lot of chemistry there. I think he was a bit smitten with her.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I thought I was the only one that was not a fan of Catie's. She can sing, but she is just too much. They talk about the whole package and she is not it! She needs to quit with the hugs that almost knock people over too.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Naja there is a Catie Turner fan page on FB. :-)

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I was hoping for Kay Kay over Michelle. I think Gabby blows all of the other females away though.

I get Dennis mixed up with another guy that is in the other group (also has a baby). but Dennis was so great last night!!

I enjoyed all of the duets really.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL, Mameblanche. I don't do fan pages :-) Just a quick post here now and then about my favorite contestants is enough fan participation for me.

I like Cade just as much as Catie, but I feel Catie is more of the underdog, and I have always had a soft spot for underdogs.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
My early favorite was Alyssa, looks like she doesn't make it to the 14.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Haven't watched last night's show yet but Alyssa was an early favorite of mine also.

Not a Catie fan either. She is trying too hard to be weird. She doesn't need to - she has an excellent voice and is quite attractive underneath all that overstated geekiness.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I wish Catie would tone it down. She's a very strong singer and that alone could take her far.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'd like it better if she toned it down as well. It was cute at first but it's starting to feel a little forced now. I still like her though and I think it's great she is still in it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But maybe it isn't easy for her to find it down? Maybe she is just hyper, but also a good singer?

Anyway, like her and hope she is able to find it down.

I am guessing she has fans who have similar issues (but can't sing) who may be voters.

We should see soon.

I would have kept several over Michelle.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Being quirky got Catie to the American Idol live show so I guess it is working for her, but I hope she gets some refinement over the course of the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, she needs that.

I hope she and the rest got to see the Grammy tribute to Sit Elton John and Bernie Taupin.. So many performances with very polished quirk..

Miley, Gaga, Kesha, and on and on.

THAT was a show!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RE: The Elton Tribute...

Seamonkey, I thought Litte Big Town's version of Rocket Man was the best! The duo that sang "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" stunk.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If you think that was bad, don't listen to Demi Lovato's version of "Don't Go Breaking My Heart". Argh!!!

Fun show overall though with some great performances. Little Big Town was very good and I thought that Gaga gave another great performance. She is a real performer and singer (I loved her performance opening the Grammys a few years ago with Elton John).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought the low point of the show was Gayle King reading some lyrics... Sir Elton and Bernie just sat there and the entire audience remained seated at the end. This audience had been so exuberant for each act.

So many who performed had been mentored by Elton John. You could feel the love.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
One of the things I love about Elton John is how much he enjoys creating and performing music. He just loves it and it comes through in his music and live performances. His concerts are fantastic.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Right now my brother is at a Daughtry concert and he keeps texting me video clips to make me jealous. Butthead.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
And back to Idol...why are the judges so in love with that Michelle girl? Is it because she represents the Latin demographic? Honestly, they had her sing a non-Spanish language song and they had a guy who didn't speak Spanish sing a Spanish language song (I'm just catching up on last week obviously)...and then they kept her? I do not think she is that good of a singer...they let many others go that were better, including the goat farmer (really sorry to see her go). Although I probably wouldn't have moved Layla forward either it was heartbreaking to see her when she realized that the "country" slot had been filled by someone else. Even she could see the writing on the wall at that point.

Having said that, I think a lot of the duets were really, really good, especially the one with the (sorry for the descriptions if they offend anyone) long, blond-haired white guy (who was the professional) singing with the young black guy - wow! That could go down as one of my favorite Idol performances ever.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
This one, Roxip? I loved it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD9hpbnEG40

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
What I found amazing (besides the obvious perfect harmony and synchronicity they shared in some rather difficult passages) was the generosity of the artist who wrote the song. Thank you for the link - I just went back and watched it and it was even better the second time around!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't really find any of last night's solos to be memorable. I thought maybe they were saving the best for last, but nope. Maybe tonight's duos will make someone stick out for me from this second group.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
But the judges just loved the show. I thought it was a mixed bag,
Since I have been doing other things while this show is on, does anyone know how they end up with these songs, is there a list they pick from or are they assigned songs?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I really liked the guy that sang the Natalie Coke song.
I just really don't like these judges, well except Lionel.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Sounds to me like they are assigned songs, since that one girl last night said she was singing country, which was out of her normal style of singing (Effie).