TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 10, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVI: Auditions: Archive through April 10, 2018 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm not a huge fan of Catie but her songs are good. I just think she's trying a little hard to be unique and weird.

(I feel asleep.) The next Gloria Estafan made it through? Seriously? I thought she was just entertainment casting to make it to Hollywood. Her voice just isn't (in my humble but correct opinion...LOL) good enough.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Katy's lover boy didn't make it through tonight.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OMG! Catie Turner made it through! WOO HOO!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Caleb made it through! Yes!

Well, that's 2 of my 3 favs so far. Actually, I like a couple more, but I forget their names.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't believe it, now Cade the rocker is through to top 24. I think he is my top fav. He's the one with the thick long brown locks.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am fine with the reboot, but the producers must go. the cruelty that runs through it makes it unwatchable

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that AI has always been cruel in their effort to create drama and suspense. A little drama and suspense is okay but not when they push it too far and make it cruel.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Hmmm....I missing something here. What do you mean by the "cruelty" post? What did the producers do?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think maybe Sadiesmom is referring to the way the judges are always trying to create drama, having people go in next to one another where one makes it and one doesn't, making them think they've not made it and then they do, etc. - and although it is manipulation made to create drama on a television program I think that it is an unfortunate consequence of reality television and the viewing public. I also think the majority of contestants know that this is going to be a part of the process. It is heartbreaking when you are 15 or 16 but it is also the reality of life in show business.

FWIW, I think this cast of judges has for the most part (one or two exceptions) been extremely fair and considerate when delivering the final blow.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't see cruelty at all. They have all been pretty gentle. They have always done the thing where they pretend a contestant is not going through when they are. That's just part of the show. And they don't seem to drag it out to torture anyone. The music business is far, far more "cruel" than this show has ever been.

I'm really enjoying the judges. They all seem to be having fun and enjoying each other. I love Katy Perry, so don't understand the negativity toward her.

Think they did a great job with the top 24. I agreed with 99% of their decicions. We'll see what happens down the road.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think you make a good point about show business being "cruel" in general. However, it's still not a part of AI that I enjoy.

I like the judges as well. I was pretty sure that I would like Katie Perry (and I do). Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan are better than I expected.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I was watching for a couple of contestants. Trying to balance AI and The Voice and another show. Nobody was really drawing me in so took it off my dvr. Back to The Voice.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I agreed with almost all of their top 24 choices. I was sad that Laine didn't make it. While Katie (awkward girl with large glasses) has a wonderful voice, her crying and drama will drive me insane.

I'm looking forward to next week and seeing them do the duets with "famous" ppl.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you about Catie, Gldnlvr. She is a great singer, but she needs to dial back on the drama a bit. She's too much in my face, and it's starting to annoy me.

Our favorite was the little 15 year old country singer. She gave me goosebumps all the way through.

Not a fan of the rocker at the end, although hubby liked him. I think he's just screaming and not singing at all. I also can't understand a word of the lyrics, which is a pet peeve. If you're not going to sing the lyrics so people can understand them, you might as well just be singing (or screaming), "La la la la la."

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I still like Catie, but would find a different dress, maybe.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think once they make the live shows, they get a stylist to help them. I liked her bright pink boots, but the dress was a little prairie girl for me. All I could think was Big Love.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think that they are getting drama help right now, playing characters to draw people in. A lot of behavior seems a little off one way or the other. The whole Katy falling for the rocker better be a joke because I don't need to see a white guy with a guitar win again. Just because, guitar, I mean.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought Cade the rocker was fantastic. I actually enjoyed the show, start to finish. I didn't even skip any stories this time. I be happy of both Cade and Catie make it to the live shows.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Catie's duet with Andy Grammer was so good I almost can't believe it. Wow.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
5 are going home tonight, and really only 2 I didn't like very much . Dominique and Michelle.

Going on to the live shows are

Cade
Michelle
Dennis
Gabby
Jonny
Michael
Catie! YAY

Going home are Trevor, Dominique, Brendon, Kay Kay and Layla.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Cade is my favorite, so far.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
The only one I will really mis is Layla but she is still young. Can she still try out for another season since she didn't make the live shows?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
In the past that has been the case - eligible to return if you don't make the live (voting) shows.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I would have kept Layla and not kept Michelle.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Me, Too, Lazylu. I just couldn't take that strange quirk in Michelle's voice, and how she would cut single syllable words in half or more pieces when you just wanted one whole word and long note.