TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 22, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVI: Auditions: Archive through March 22, 2018 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I do that for The Voice, but rarely on AI. Sometimes I'll FF if a story starts out "I was adopted".

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I forward through the backstories as well at times. I want to hear singing but I understand that the backstories provide human interest.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think the backstories also get viewers to invest in the performers, and remember them. I actually watch the backstories but tend to listen to the first few notes of a singer to see if I think they are good and then I fast forward to the judges' comments.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am just not liking the judges. I don’t know if it’s Katy Perry that is throwing off the dynamics. But I do not like this trio.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The judges seem to bring out juvenile humor in each othey.. Like Luke blurting out he checks his poop, then bringing it up later.

The dynamic is exponentially more watchable than in some seasons, but so far not much chemistry.

Ryan seems tired.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Don't like the judges either ,but I knew I wouldn't going in. even so, I do like this show better than The voice.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I like Katy better than I thought I was going to (if for nothing else than the fact that she's worn the same dress to several auditions...why that makes a difference I don't know but it must be her "hot but comfortable dress"). I like Lionel and I like the fact that he is willing to show the young singers how to better sing...and he has the qualifications to do so. Luke - he's the wild card to me in this trio. I want to like him and at times I do, and when he gets so excited about a singer it shows all over his face - but sometimes I agree that he's very juvenile. Having said that, I also think that we don't know what it is like to sit for hours listening to singer after singer - I'm sure they do whatever they can to relieve the monotony.

At least you can tell that they seem to like and respect one another, which is much better than open hostility.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I like how these three let people down with kindness rather than rude remarks. It's refreshing.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I keep going back and trying to get into Idol, but it is just so difficult to watch anyone but Lionel Ritchie.... who I originally thought would not do well. It's like he's the den mother of 2 unruly kids. So, I change the station back to The Voice... Just enjoy watching it more than Idol and I used to watch Idol all the time.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
It certainly has a lot of useless "fluff" - stuff going on outside of the singing. We fast forward through most of that as well. I'm looking forward to Hollywood Week. Is that something that's happening this season?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think so!

I watched The Voice battle rounds and other stuff last night. Didn't record AI.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The contestants get the golden ticket to Hollywood, and they are sending a bunch, so I assume there will be the weeding out process (kind of my favorite part of American Idol to be honest). That's where the best contestants who are ready for the rigors of the live competition usually show up.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I’ll admit, I like country, I like Lionel’s music, I like the positive approach this year. I like looking at the spoilers so I know in advance if the person is going forward. The back stories are too over the top... I did not like last night the sisters, the older sister playing guitar for her 17 yr old sister, too much drama. (I tried looking, but I don’t think she had a number, Katie wanted to hear her sing, so she sang and got a ticket, then they hmmmed and hawed over the 17 year old)

But still, I like hearing Idol over The Voice. I like how the Voice does work with fewer singers to help them develop. Yet Idol judges are constantly saying to the singers I want to see you develop, and I didn’t think idol, was set up for that

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Remember every week Idol had a new coach for the singers? I'll always remember the day Jennifer Hudson was voted out because it was the week Barry Manilow was the coach.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I believe that the Idol boot camp atmosphere does develop the cream of the crop. I, too like Hollywood Week the best.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
The contestants are getting better with each show I watched. The first show, I admit I didn't have much hope. Sunday night's show (ep 3) had some really good ones . . .
I like all 3 of the judges and think they work well together. I like the positive feedback, although sometimes they are almost "too" nice! Katy's flirting is a little over the top but in a playful way, not creepy. Hollywood week is also my favorite! It is weird how they are skipping around with the cities they are auditioning in.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
1 ore auditionshow and then hollywood week and then the the judges pick the final few. no voting until the final 12(?)

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I did think last night that there are some very talented folks auditioning. The song choice does still make a difference, one girl sang a Carrie Underwood song and they were like, um when you chose a song, she interrupted and said I can sing Firework, Katy said show me, the judges liked that much better and put her through

Some have a piano accompaniment.

And another thing I don’t get. The voice coach lady sang, sounded better than some, but they said “I don’t know who you are”. What does that mean? If it’s about sound quality? I really think it’s an “it” factor they go by! Because to me, some things I just don’t get!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think we start voting at top 24. 12 and 12.

I didn't read the names on the spoilers, but the spoilers stopped last month at the final 24.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Naja I read spoilers for top 12, I had their top 24, went back a few days later and they listed top 12...

Went back it’s MJs blog, they wrote Hollywood week taped in January they went down to a top 50 that performs in front of an audience. March 2nd and 3rd they taped and had their 24 whittled down further.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've seen a final 12 list but I am not sure whether I believe it or not.

Jennifer Hudson was amazing - but also in a highly competitive season of Idol. She definitely wasn't Simon's pick (I think he wanted a girl named LaToya London if I remember right), and Fantastia won that season against Diana Degarmo (whom I couldn't figure out how she got to the final 2 in the first place...must be that grandma vote!). I think her size worked against her as far as Simon was concerned - he always told her she sounded like a Disney (or cruise ship) singer. I think at the end she has shown him that he was definitely wrong! Living well is the best revenge.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, and I went and checked, and they seem to have a top 14, not top 12.

But what's cool is the top 24 got to sing a solo, as well as a duet with surprise celebrity. So that will be something cool coming up at top 24.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I went and edited, but didn’t get that it went to 14, instead of 12... I just put stars on the top 24 list I wrote out and didn’t count.

I found it interesting the taping schedule

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I thought the girl with the Down syndrome friend has the best voice. I'm not sure I believe he's her best friend. If true, I hope the boy is prepared to lose his friend if she becomes Idol. She will be very busy.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't think she will win American Idol. I don't think the typical voter on American Idol will vote for someone who looks like her (not that there's anything wrong with how she looks but I think a lot of voters tend to vote for a look over talent - and also there will be a lot of talent by the time we get down to the Top 5 or so). Dang I'm a cynic.