TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVI: General Discussion users admin

American Idol
American Idol (on ABC)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's coming back, for better or worse!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I hadn't realized they are this far along in the auditions already. They are way past the preliminaries, and have already done the the auditions with the judges present in New York City, New Orleans, and Nashville. They just finished Nashville yesterday.

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-16-auditions-nashville-katy-perry-stuck-mid-air-video.htm

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We have a premiere date for season 16!

March 11 on ABC!

And for anybody that missed it.....

The Judges:
Lionel Richie, Katy Perry and Luke Bryan

Host:
Ryan Seacrest

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You're welcome :-) Can you tell I am excited about it? haha

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m looking forward to it too. Hopefully it will be fun. It’s interesting they’re waiting until March. They used to premiere in January.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 1:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I won't watch, I think. I just may watch one to see how the judges mesh. I cannot stand Katy Perry. lol

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I want to see how they’ve changed it. It’s supposed to be a bit different than the original. Luke Bryan may be interesting as a judge, even though I’m not a country fan . I like him in interviews.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The judges make a big difference. The season with Nicki and Mariah was miserable to watch.

The judges they have for this season could be fun.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just want Lionel Richie to say or sing "Hello, it's me..." when he is introduced. LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 10, 2017 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, this might be a factor:

February 9-25, 2018
The 2018 Winter Olympics will take place in Pyeongchang, South Korea, from Friday, February 9, 2018 to Sunday, February 25, 2018.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well even though it doesn't start till March, they are involving the audience now:

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2017/11/13/abcs-american-idol-to-kick-off-americas-vote-live-during-the-2017-american-music-awards-november-19-on-abc-601511/20171113abc01/

Basically this Sunday during the American Music Awards they'll show some auditions of people, and the home audience will send one of them through to the 2nd round in Hollywood..

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The finalists songs will be published by a Disney label, I can't think of the name right now, but I heard it earlier. But ABC - Disney, seems like a good connection.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just saw that they will be calling "season 1" instead of "season 16". I don't care what they call it, I think most of us will be thinking of it as 16.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Kind of strange but I guess it’s because it’s now on ABC.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I noticed Will & Grace is doing the same thing. They also went back and restarted at season 1.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
is anyone else questioning why they are playing coming to America in the American Idol previews?
Seriously people? America is not american idol. It just gets under my skin because it is as if we are not supposed to listen to the lyrics or something,. guess I am just feeling grouchy today or something. Trying to lose weight and it is such a slow process. But silly things like this annoy me because it is as if they think we are just plain stupid and if it has similar syllables, we will accept it.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
A bit on the schedule-

From March 11-April 23, AI will air both Sundays and Mondays- from April 29th on, it'll air Sundays only (this is why DWTS has a shortened spring edition this year)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
At least they are keeping the same theme music. I noticed it in the commercials.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Only 7 more days :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was just reading an article about how Ai's rating's were poor and they said the network was probably going to try and put the blame on Ryan Seacrest's on-going problems. Is anybody really that convinced that Ryan is guilty? In the many years that he has been on television there has only been this one accuser...(usually where there's one then 10 more seem to come out of the woodworks)...and quite honestly I've never been 100% convinced that Ryan Seacrest (is it Secrest?) is heterosexual in the first place. I just think out of the thousands of girls that Ryan has had exposure to over his years on American Idol, not to mention all of his other endeavors, that if he was a Weinstein wanna be it would have been exposed by now.

Having been enjoying the show myself I hope it catches steam because I have found this new season very enjoyable. I do think Katie is overrated and cost way too much money but for the most part the judges have been letting the people sing and that's why I watch the show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ooops wrong thread

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
I am sick of these women coming out of the woodwork to say, "me too" about sexual harassment. I do not believe Ryan Seacrest is guilty of what his accuser is saying. I believe most of these women want to be in the limelight and get their 10 seconds of fame.I like the 3 new judges, altho they are way too kind! We need a judge to tell it like it is, like Simon Cowell did. }

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
on another topic - does anyone else see Idol sort of pushing things to "make Idol Happen" again?
I am wondering how much behind stage tweaking of the contestants is happening.
take Catie, she is the slow evolution contestant, most people would get all gussied up from the acceptance, she is getting improvements slowly, next week the glasses, the week after that she will appear in a gown glammed up.
OR tak Ada - Ada screamed at me yesterday. she has talent, but don't scream at me, singing on key is better even if not as loud.

certain songs see to be chosen for impact. I was surprised at the songs that got approved, Ithink Idol is paying big money for them this year. but some are just so perfect for the contestants, I wonder if they are getting suggestions from the coaches.
and as i said, too much screaming at me. but apparently it is purely my opinion, the judges love it.
and please Katy, don't put your hands in your pits and them smell them again. ever

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I don't like screaming either, sing to me don't scream at me. That is why I was never a big fan of Jennifer Hudson, she is a screamer.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Jordan Sparks had her first child.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Saw Maddie perform on Jimmy Kimmel last night & she was amazing! I hope her career kicks off & she becomes as successful as Kelly & Carrie.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
it's back on March 3 - sounds like another really short and annoying season.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Gabby & Cade are engaged. She was a guest performer on AI this wk & showed off her ring.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: