TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 11, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 12: Battle Round - And Live Shows: Archive through May 11, 2017 users admin

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I honestly am disappointed. ..Stephanie should not have been voted through. .this is the Voice. .not who has the saddest story. .wake up America and get a clue..a great artist went home because Stephanie got the Sympathy vote

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was thinking the same thing about Stephanie. Plus, I think her singing isn't actually singing. It's more like loud whispering with a little whining added.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The whole irony is that this show isn't "the voice". It's a whole bunch of background story and flashy staging and posturing by the judges. There's probably about 20 minutes of performance in a 2 hour show (maybe exaggerated but not much). I like the show okay but it surely isn't about "the voice".

I will say though that Chris Blue can sing.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Did Mark make it through? My DVR cut last minute.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Great description Naja! Yeah, Stephanie being there gets under my skin for some reason, first Alicia saving her and then America voting for her....

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Chris Blue is awesome, as is young Aliyah from Blake's team. They are my final 2 picks (not that I bother to vote.)
Seems Stephanie and Lilli (Adam's team) are the two being forced down America's throats. Neither can sing and I was surprised one of them didn't go home. Not a fan of Vanessa either.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Half of America.. As usual while they were pushing the instant save we got the subtitle reminding us that we don't get to vote.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Did Stephanie look visibly angry after finishing singing ? Me thinks she is out.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't think mad, just stressed and she is gone.

Personally, I hate those hats.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
To me it seemed like she had seen the graphics of the twitter voting before they were taken down and knew it would take a miracle to catch up in the few remaining seconds of voting.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought that because she was really upset about being in the bottom 2 that she really sang the song badly, very badly. IMO Horrible... I think she knew she screwed up big time under the pressure and was mad about that.

Having said that, when I heard her sing on Monday, I thought that she would go home because that's not the type of music that usually wins these vocal contests.

However, that kid that's been on the verge of going home for the last 3 weeks probably sang the best he ever sang.... not that I think it's all that great, but that was a good middle of the road song for him.... mostly on key and comfortable singing under pressure.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
The right person went home imo! I like Adam's group & Gwen's remaining 2 the best of what's left.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It appears that no one got much of an ITunes bump, except Lauren and Hunter

Full iTunes vote results for May 2

•3. Lauren Duski, "Somewhere in My Broken Heart" (#Blake Shelton)
•10. Hunter Plake, "All I Want" (Gwen Stefani)
•12. Brennley Brown, "River" (Gwen Stefani)
•16. Chris Blue, "When a Man Loves a Woman" (Alicia Keys)
•17. Jesse Larson, "Human" (Adam Levine)
•36. Lilli Passero, "Town Without Pity" (Adam Levine)
•56. Stephanie Rice, "Behind Blue Eyes" (Alicia Keys)
•59. TSoul, "Lay Me Down" (Blake Shelton)
•66. Vanessa Ferguson, "Diamonds" (Alicia Keys)
•68. Mark Isaiah, "How to Love" (Adam Levine)
•70. Aliyah Moulden, "Take it Back" (Blake Shelton)

http://us.blastingnews.com/showbiz-tv/2017/05/the-voice-2017-top-11-itunes-vote-results-two-earn-itunes-bonuses-001667941.html

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had forgotten Miley is back next season.. sigh.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
this article showed up on Yahoo.

‘The Voice’: Do the Contestants Get Paid?

I am always interested in the contracts.

They also sign a lot away in their contracts to be on the show. The contracts are confidential, but due to their alleged unfairness there have been some facts leaked to the public. For example the contestants have to sign that they are okay that the show “may be disparaging, defamatory, embarrassing (and) may expose me to public ridicule, humiliation, or condemnation” according to NY Daily News. They also have to acknowledge that the show is allowed to rig the system against them.
“We got a stipend for living, but no, we didn’t get paid,” Tristan Shields who was previously on the show, told WetPaint. Chances are those stipends are for food, lodging, and plane tickets. But they do not get any money beyond the cost of being on the show. This is pretty normal considering the business, but that doesn’t mean that some shows don’t compensate their contestants.

I think they have to be paid a minimum from appearing on TV even though it sounds like they don't
For example Big Brother has contestants compete for a grand prize, but they are also paid $750 each week they stay on the show. If you’re lucky, America’s Got Talent might pay you $30,000 for a 90-minute performance on the show.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Chris Blue. He hit one out of the park tonight. He's a true performer.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the only out of the park performance tonight was Jesse's "Jungle Love". That was so much fun!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think a Vanessa will be in trouble this week. Loved Jesse.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Thought that Chris was straining in his song and a bit off key. At times, it sounded like he was yelling more than singing. To me, not one of his best singing performances.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Hunter was good too. He has this Ryan Tedder of One Republic vibe to him. He might just win this.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Thinking back to last night, Hunter's "Higher Love" was my favorite performance, followed by Jessie. My favorite performances are usually the ones that I am still thinking about the next day, which is certainly true of these 2 songs.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
It's official, I have a confirmed favorite: Hunter

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lilli, Mark, and Vanessa sang for their lives.

Vanessa was saved.
Mark and Lilli sent home.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So now that it's getting down to the people who are considered the best singers of the season, rather than showcasing them, they decide to eliminate them faster. Like that makes sense. No wonder they don't have a lot of success stories. All they care about are ratings.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Agreed Jimmer.

I like Hunter for the win.
Lauren and Brennley will do well after the show no matter what.
I love Jessie but do not think he would do well commercially.