TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Auditions

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 12: Auditions users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I watched a little last night (have the rest recorded) and it seems off to a good start. Of course, I always enjoy the audition round on this show.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
This was awesome....I really enjoyed it and actually watched the whole thing, which is unusual for me....I wish there were less back stories this early, though...that's really my only complaint.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Happy with Gwen back, but Alicia is bordering on a Miley wardrobe..

Audition rounds are best.. then it goes fast and people are out..

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
That's Alicia's style and I find it endearing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That was a great opening night. I thought there were several just in this first group that could make it to the top.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I saw the last few minutes. I like watching the auditions, but had something else to do last night. What I saw looked promising.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The very first girl tonight that "MacArthur Park" (cake in the rain song) I thought was so good except for the fact she does riffs on notes where it would sound better without them. Does anyone know what I mean?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Huh, that song didn't make my recording.. so I don't know. I just watched, but didn't hear that.

I guess we can expect Alicia to sing on each episode?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I messed up, Seamonkey, I meant the song "Last Dance". But it's still a Donna Summer song :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know if anybody else noticed, but we have a third episode this week. It's on Thursday, tomorrow. It's a 1 hour show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh well Last Dance, that I heard.

Never associated MacArthur Park with Donna. but I'm old and remember the Richard Harris version.

But I can certainly imagine Donna singing it and now I see youtubes..

I'm just happy to know I didn't somehow miss that song. It was so silly yet the lyrics drew you in.

There were some good singers last night and the ones who didn't get a turn.. I think it was probably best in all cases.

Adam often hit his button early I think to be able to say he was first. I like the way Blake really listens to them.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Micah, first to audition tonight, is very local here. Next 'burb west is Glen Ellyn, Sean Hayes' hometown, and then Wheaton where Micah is from.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We had storm reports for 100% of the night and no network shows at all. I sure hope it shows up in on-demand soon.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It was a good set of auditions last night. Nothing really spectacular, but really solid performances.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I like the guy who sang the Marvin Gaye song, purple hair girl, and the big guy who sang the Cat Stevens song.

I don't know at all what they saw in Shirley Jones' grandson. I thought his voice was a little creepy.

And I was hoping someone would have chosen the blond Elvis kid. I thought he was so cute and I would have loved to see him at least one more round.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I was not all that impressed with Shirley Jones's grandson.

Last night was good. I am a bit surprised at some of the artists who are chosing Gwen. I need a recap just to see who went where.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I also wasn't impressed with Shirley's grandson..

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird I too need a recap

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hopefully they will recap at the beginning of the next show. I tend to forget quickly, and then they get a full team and right away half of them go home in the next round.

Then the battles and some switch teams..

Finally I kind of start to know who is on each team and then they seem to go home quickly.

I notice some things like when Miley saved that hippie girl she liked even when the viewers kept voting her out...

I would love at some point when Adam tells someone that he knows they will win and that you would be the most important person on my team if you join it.. if someone who had other choices would say..

Sure, until the next singer you want, and what about the last three you said this to?

Missyb

07-28-2004

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I would love at some point when Adam tells someone that he knows they will win and that you would be the most important person on my team if you join it.. if someone who had other choices would say..

Sure, until the next singer you want, and what about the last three you said this to?

Especially when they know he has to pair people up for knockouts.And Adam personally makes the choice for his team. How many are his first priority . Seems like a bad choice of words to use when he will soon be de-prioritizing one of his peeps out the door..

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I actually think that some of the pairings are set up in order to move one of the contestants to another team. So many times, in the past, Adam and Blake have 'stolen' singers from each other and it seems suspicious to me that they planned it in advance.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is hard to say and we know that we don't always see things in the order the occur on this show.

But some pairings are kind of heartbreaking for sure.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Teams are full. Knock out round starts next wk. The thing I don't understand about the knock out round is why would a coach put 2 folks that they don't want to loose up against each other. It seems to happen multi times every season & with every coach. I'm wandering if production doesn't have an influence on these pairings.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I think I'm missing something here...since the coaches picked their own teams, how would they do anything BUT put up two artists that they don't want to lose? It's not like they picked 6 they thought were losers and 6 winners.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
like most reality shows, they have to knock out the strong competition sothe one they want to win wins. When they have two strong people against each other if you not that one person sings in their wheel house and the other does not, it is a good indication of who they want to win. If not, then maybe a bad tactic. Ido believe most reality shows have chosens who they want to go on further, they are the oens that are interesting and will keep up the viewership. I don't know if they are selected for the judges or by production. It just happens a lot.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was wondering what ever happened to Tom Jones. So I went to google him thinking he quietly retired someplace, but I see he is one of the Judges on The Voice UK....LOL

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: