TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Top Five Singing and Results - March ...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XV: Top Five Singing and Results - March 24th users admin

American Idol
American Idol (on FOX)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
No judge's save this week!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Sonika out.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Steven Van Zant mentor for rock songs. Sia mentor for her own songs.

David Cook and Katherine McPhee back to sing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Underwhelming. Just give La'Porsha the mirrorball win and close it down.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm just not thrilled with anybody left, so I voted for MacKenzie just because he seems like a nice person, and some of his performances were were very nice all season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh, and I thought Katharine bombed.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed tonight's show. I thought Katharine sang well but I didn't think Adam was all that good. I didn't know who Sia was but after tonight's show, I'm a fan. Trent did the best overall. I liked LaPorsha's new hairdo. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Trent and Dalton were the two best of the night. I'd like to see them as top two. I like McKenzie, but he's out of his league. Cute as a bug, though.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought Dalton completely ruined the Beach Boys song "God Only Knows". And the fact that it was considered "Classic Rock" blew my mind. And then when the judges started praising it, forget it. I felt like they were on a different planet.

eta: in case anybody missed it, the theme of the first half of the show was supposed to be "classic rock". Then the second half was Sia songs.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just caught the last 3 Sia songs. Not bad, but none were really outstanding to me.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I thought Trent did the best last night. I think Sia was a tad weird, well maybe a lot more then a tad,but it worked for her. She does get noticed and I liked her voice and songs. I will admit I really dislike LaPorsha's hair. Please explain why she had blonde hair that took 15 hours to do and then her second song she is back with the black sheep sitting on her head. Wasn't the show suppose to be live some where?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I want the 3 guys to be top 3

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I loved La'Porsha's hair! I think her mother did it for her. That type of style does take a long time to do. Very labor intensive. She didn't have her other hair back for the second song, that was only in the prerecorded sessions with Sia (recorded earlier in the week). She still had her braids for the second performance.

I absolutely LOVED Dalton's rendition of "God Only Knows." It was beautiful and full of emotion. Brian Wilson was (is?) a musical genius. Even the Beatles were admirers of the music he wrote. That was not an easy song to sing. So many unexpected note progressions. Dalton did it proud.

Sia is weird, but I kind of get where she's coming from. She wants to be about her music, not about her as a person. By maintaining her anonymity, she can have a normal life. She can still go to the grocery store or out with her family (if she has one, she was wearing a wedding ring), without being hounded by the paparazzi. I see her point.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I went back and looked. She still did have the blonde dreadlocks. I really hope she doesn't win, although they have been pushing her for the win the whole season so she probably will. IMO it is not just about the voice, but who will sell the most music and the whole package, style, looks etc.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is one of the things that has been missing since Simon left the show. Simon always seemed the most interested in finding an artist who could sell and be successful. That was the original premise of American Idol but it seems to have been lost over the years.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I agree with what both Lazylu & Jimmer said. If we want to talk most marketable - It is probably Dalton. I like him, but I'm liking both the other guys a little better than I like him.

I'm not in the music industry, but I just don't see LaPorsha being very marketable.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think LaPorsha might be another Candance Glover.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: