TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Top Six Singing and Results - March 17th

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XV: Top Six Singing and Results - March 17th users admin

American Idol
American Idol (on FOX)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
And they will all be singing Irish Ballads.

Just joking. Anyway there is a show tonight.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, Danny boy . . .
The pipes, the pipes are calling . . .

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think I am not even recording it tonight.. it was third choice and lost out..and I won't be home til at least 10.. so any spoiling here will be appreciated.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Well, I hope at least one of them sings a U2 song - just sayin'

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
saved by America: Trent, Dalton, LaPorsha, Mckenzie.

The other 2 are America's bottom 2 & will be the final sing off for the judges to pick.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing Harry thought about MacKenzie singing the Cat Stevens song. Why on earth change the melody on a such a great song? It annoyed me every time he did it.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
The judges saved Sonika and Tristan was eliminated. IMO, I would have done the opposite.
I'm finding all of the performances lackluster tonight. America did not do a good job picking songs for the contestants to sing.
This season is fizzling out. Very predictable.
Great to see Adam Lambert though.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
awww, I really liked Tristan. I am sad to see her go :-(

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I thought that Tristan won that sing off...

dang judges pick.....

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think Dalton just totally screwed up his second song. I don't know what the judges heard that they're complimenting it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree these are very lackluster performances. This had the potential to be a great season but it has become dull and predictable. I feel bad saying that because I've enjoyed this show for years but it is what it is.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I just can't believe how there are shows that are too short and then for top 6 they have 2 hours shows, with amazing little singing. no wonder no one watches anymore,I turn it on and then start reading something and forget it is on.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is nice seeing Adam Lambert!!!

I'm up to Dalton's first song, La'Porsha's hair is like one of the contestants! Amazing.

I don't think I'm going to stay up much longer..

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Most of the singers were not that good tonight. I've never thought Dalton was good. I want to like him bc I lived in his town for 10 yrs. La porsha or Trent I guess.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
La'Porsha is shorter than she seems imo.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I was not overwhelmed by any of the performances last night. Loved seeing Adam Lambert. That guy can flat out sing. Love him.

They should just do a special of the old Idol favorites (Kelly, Lambert, Carrie, Daughtery, etc). Those who have actually made it in the record biz.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
There is something about Trent and Dalton that makes me not like them. Can't figure it out at the moment.

This season is such a disappointment. Like I said before, I wish it would have just ended last year. They aren't giving it much of a send off.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I felt so bad for Tristan when the judges tore her song apart and then gushed all over Sonika. It was so obvious who they were going to save. They barely even talked about it. I really liked her and she was just starting to grow as a performer. I had goosebumps during her whole song.

I love MacKenzie, but when he finished his Cat Stevens song, I didn't know whether I liked it or hated it. He changed the tempo and the melody so much, it was almost like a different song. And I thought Harry was going to nail him on the meaning of the lyrics (as he so often does), but no. He was smiling all the way through a song that's really sad. The guy's girlfriend (or daughter) is leaving and he's warning her that it's a tough world out there and not everybody is going to be nice to her. It can be achingly heartbreaking if it's done right. Didn't like Mac's version at all.

Trent and Dalton can pretty much do no wrong in my book. I see them as the top two.

La'Porsha is a great singer, and her final performance was very powerful, but I just can't warm up to her. And that hair is such a distraction. It should get it's own billing.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
At least the judges save is done!

Videomic

04-15-2009

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Videomic a private message Print Post    
I may be way out in left field. But I think it didn't matter how well Tristan sang, she was going home. The reason is her age. She is required to go to school, and that limits what they can do. Ford can't have her drive their cars or can she even win a car? And if you noticed she wasn't with the others when they went to the yoga class.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I was thinking about last night's episode and realized that it annoys me when the episode focuses on who has the worst sob story.... abuse, near fatal heart condition, bi polar.... and on. Poor Trent only had a guitar bought with his best friend who died. Let people vote for the best singer, not the one who has had the worst life experience.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And not on who is a single mom or single dad, complete with cute kid watching the show...

But they have always featured the sob stories on these shows..

I stopped watching and went off to watch Project Runway, I must confess.

My heart is so not in it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think the only thing that would have made me truly have a good time for the final season is if the original 3 judges were back, and the original format was back. I miss me some Paula and Simon banter, as well as some dawwwwg.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was pretty tired of that threesome by the time they all left but I agree it would have been fun to have them back for the final season.

I can't believe how hard it has become for a woman to win American Idol. Three out of the first four winners were women and then almost all guys since then.

I hate though that they've taken so much of the show away from the viewers with all of the judge's saves.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I don't get the Trent love. To be honest I thought he kinda sucked. I do not like the way he sings-it comes off very phoney to me.

I would not pay money to watch him screw up his face into ugly expressions every song-It's really very unappealing to me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think the only thing that would have made me truly have a good time for the final season is if the original 3 judges were back, and the original format was back. I miss me some Paula and Simon banter, as well as some dawwwwg.

I'm sorry, Naja, but that is something I would have refused to watch. I'm already sick that one of our other favorites shows, So You Think You Can Dance, has brought Paula in as a judge. She can barely put a sentence together. I do not miss the original judges one teeny bit. I think these three are the best team they've ever had, even though I don't always agree with their decisions. At least they seem to like each other, and Keith and Harry are hilarious together!

Jimmer, I blame all the little girls at home voting for the "cute boys."

I'm just enjoying the performances this season and don't really care who wins. Some of the biggest, most successful Idol stars were not the final winner: Adam Lambert, Jennifer Hudson, Daughtry and even Clay Aiken got to be on Broadway.

Sandra

07-05-2004

Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
Did Trent ever say what happened to his friend?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That was the fun of Paula for me, BabyJax. Her incoherence.
To each their own. For example, I know Adam is a favorite around here, but I can't stand him, I FF through his performances.

While these 3 judges seem to be nice people, they are also 3 very dull people.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
She is actually a really coherent judge on SYTYCD. I think it's because she was always more of a dancer than singer

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 21, 2016 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't call her "coherent." DH and I almost always FF thru her critiques on SYTYCD. She rambles. I still miss Mary Murphy!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: