TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Top 8 Singing and Results - March 10th

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XV: Top 8 Singing and Results - March 10th users admin

American Idol
American Idol (on FOX)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm changing the thread titles to better reflect each episode. We originally called last week's thread "Top 8" but all ten contestants sang. So I'm changing that one to "Top 10 Singing and Results" and calling this one "Top 8 Singing and Results".

American Idol you aren't making this easy!

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I keep forgetting to even watch. I enjoy The Voice and then don't even bother with AI. lol
Also, being up against, TBBT, yeah, I will just read updates.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm watching far behind.

ok, the bottom 3 singing for their lives are:

Sonika
Avalon
and Lee

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here we go.....

The judges have saved Sonika!

My Avalon and Lee are going home :-(

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes kind of disappointing for me as well. I think that the producers are doing even more manipulating this season than usual trying to get a certain result.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just flipped to that channel and before I started the playback on DVR caught sight of La'Porsha with even darker hair that looked like an impenetrable blob (seriously I would think there are hairdressers DYING to be let loose on her hair and do something really cool to it)..

I think I'll watch something else first.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thanks for bobbing and weaving and trying to keep up with AI in the thread names, Jimmer!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Loved what Dalton did with Eleanor Rigby. Very intense.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 11, 2016 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - You're welcome Sea.

I don't know what has got me down about this season. Maybe because they've shortened it up and everything feels rushed. I don't know why they did that. Yes ratings are down a lot from the glory years but they are still relatively high compared to a lot of shows. Rather than enjoying the moment they just seem to be rushing/getting through it.

One of the cool things that I liked about AI compared to other singing shows is it was slower paced with the eliminations. It gave the contestants a chance to grow as performers and it gave the viewers more time to get to know them. The contestants had the opportunity to develop a real fan base. It gave the show some class and I think it is one of the main reasons that more AI contestants have had successful careers.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 11, 2016 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't like what they've done this season, either. It seems kind of disrespectful to a show that made Fox a lot of money over the years. We (and the show) deserve better than this.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 11, 2016 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Exactly. It's disrespectful! The least they can do for a show that pretty much put their network on the map is give it a decent send-off.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 11, 2016 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It's also interesting to me that Ryan is dressing much more casual this year. In the past, he always wore suits for the shows.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Friday, March 11, 2016 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
I was coming here to say the same thing. I don't like how they are rushing everything. No time to invest in a contestant. They should have just canceled it last year and not come back. It almost feels that way to me anyway.

And, I never liked the save whether here or on The Voice. Whoever gets the least amount of votes should leave, period. It's especially not fair now that they are putting three in the bottom.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 11, 2016 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
All the hoopla about how this season was going so big and so magnificent....well I feel like they did the opposite. They dumbed it down. It's like speed dating.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 11, 2016 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, I also feel disappointed and like the shark has been jumped.. AND that it didn't have to be this way if they had put more heart into this season. They had some good people but it is very rushed and just kind of flat.. like all the bubbles went out of the champagne.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: