TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Top 10 Singing and Results - March 3rd

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XV: Top 10 Singing and Results - March 3rd users admin

American Idol
American Idol (on FOX)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So tonight is the top 8. I'm still not sure but I think they are going to announce the top 8 and then have them perform rather than have all 10 perform and then eliminate two?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Last year they had the stupid light up chairs, I don't know what they are doing this year.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I remember that now. I must have driven it from my mind.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I actually liked the light up chairs. I thought it was kind of cool. I'm still mad they've cut this show back so much. No show last night. Is it only going to be one night a week from now on? And eliminate two people each week? I hate that.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Not sure about the eliminate two each week but we are on the one night a week for the rest of the season schedule.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So they are going to show the bottom 3, and the judges save one of them. If that's what is going on every week, then that's the same trick that other show used. The one with the hard rockers--- It doesn't matter who got the least votes from the audience, the judges will always save the anointed one if they end up in the bottom 3.

It's a trick to make it seem like the audience is controlling who is going home.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow I hate those results.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
What are they?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
According to what I've read (I haven't watched yet) the bottom three were Avalon, Olivia and Gianna

The judges save Avalon and Olivia and Gianna went home.

I don't have a problem with Gianna leaving but Olivia and Avalon are two of my favorite performers. It seems increasingly hard for women to succeed on this show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
WOO HOO! My Avalon made it! I am so happy right now. She is my last pick from the auditions that is left.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Avalon made it but the fact that three women were in the bottom three including Avalon is very frustrating to me. I thought that Avalon and Olivia had a chance to win.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I totally understand, Jimmer. All 3 in the bottom to me had a chance at the top. I am just happy my favorite one got to stay.

The bottom 3 made sense to me at all..

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ooops, I meant "The bottom 3 made no sense to me at all".

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
As I look at the banner above, I am pondering who would actually have been my bottom 3 tonight, and I think I have decided.

My bottom 3 would have been Trent, Sonika, and La'Porsha.

And the save would have gone to Sonika.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Olivia was my favorite to win. That really sucks. As much as I like them and they both did great last night, I thought Tristan and Lee would go home. I'm okay with Gianna leaving (i wish she would leave her hair curly).

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
LaPorsha is not my cup of tea but I saw what so many have been seeing finally last night - the gal is talented!

Of last night's bottom 3, Avalon saved herself by out doing the other 2 on last night's performance. They are all really good at this point so I'm sure that is what kept Avalon in it over the other 2.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
La'Porsha is talented but after the clips about her hair and hearing Jennifer again push that she will be in final two.. and already knowing the results, I just stopped watching last night.

I had been voting but I think I'm done with that.. Trent will surpass the girls and the judges would save La'Porsha so best I just don't vote so I am not even hoping.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, March 05, 2016 - 4:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
La. Porsha is an amazing singer but not a contemporary one.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 05, 2016 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
La'Porsha seems like a nice person and she has a great voice. However, I agree that she isn't contemporary. That is what bothers me about the judges pushing her so much. She can't sell what she is singing and the whole premise of the show is creating an idol.

The show sure hurt Olivia's chances. First, she was one of the judges' picks. I was sure that the ones who were picked by the judges would be at a disadvantage. Fans who have already spent time and energy voting for someone else have a certain commitment to that person and aren't as likely to switch. Plus they had her sing first in a long night of performances. Singing first is a big disadvantage.

I'm pretty disappointed with how this is going.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 06, 2016 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just feel like it is a downer after I enjoyed the auditions quite a bit and was really enthused with many of the singers...

And I kind of think Jennifer is pushing it the way it is going.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, March 06, 2016 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, neither Olivia nor Gianna did very well in their performances last week. Gianna is adorable, but I just don't think her voice is ready. Olivia was one of my favorites, but if you don't do well in your performance, people won't vote for you.

Plus there are so many of them at this point, that the votes are spread out among all of them, so it's hard for anyone to have a majority. And they've all gotta go sometime.

When the three were singing for survival, it was obvious the judges were going to save Avalon, and to be fair, her performance was the best of the three.

Does it really matter in the long run? Talent will win out in the end. DH says there are probably people lined up at the back door to sign some of these singers who get sent home, and the winner isn't assured stardom. Neither Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Pickler or Adam Lambert came in first, and they've all done well. I'm still enjoying the show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, March 06, 2016 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm predicting Lee to go next. He's adorable, but his voice just isn't that strong.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 06, 2016 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It matters from the point of view of my watching the show. I don't like it when the judges push one contestant. It's worse, of course, when the contestant(s) they are pushing aren't your favorites.

Plus Avalon is one of my favorites as well and even though she was the one who was saved her chance of winning now is about zero.

Plus plus three women in the bottom three.

Oh I'm still watching though. I'll get over it. I just hope they end up with a winner who can make it in the business.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 06, 2016 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It matters. Avalon is another who just doesn't shout idol to me. I get having your own style, or lack thereof, but she just looked out of place, performing witheRing Lovato. Show me you can rise to an occasion.

I will watch, probably, but I am not invested it it. I really hoped and thought this year might be different.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: