TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 25, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XV: Top 14 Shows: Archive through February 25, 2016 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have absolutely no idea what to call this thread for this week's shows and what exactly they are doing so if anyone has more information or as it becomes available I can always change the title to something more appropriate.
My TV guide for tonight (Wednesday) says,

"The judges reveal the first eight semifinalists to advance into the Top 10 in a "Wildcard Night" edition"

For Thursday it says,

"Two semifinalists advance and the Top 10 is revealed. Then the finalists perform."

HUH????

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, that would be quick!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
However, on the AI website (which I would think would be correct) it says:

"Tonight's the night! YOU decide who moves on to the #IdolTop10"

I recall reading somewhere that they had made some late changes to the format or at least changes to what some spoilers had said originally. Of course, the spoilers could have been wrong.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL, I even read 2 more explanations of the evening and they also made no sense.

I "think" we hear 6 performances tonight. The CBS press release says

"The judges will announce the first eight semi-finalists to make it into the Top 10, leaving six to sing for America's vote and the final two spots in this farewell season's Top 10."

TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20160203fox07/#ixzz4182aAgQc

Then tomorrow we find out the rest of the final 10, they all sing, we vote again, and next week we are left with only 8 who will sing.

Only one show next week, Yay!

eta: I think that means we have 2 voting nights this week.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I heard that as well, Naja. Then I heard somewhere that they decided to change that format because they thought there wouldn't be enough viewer participation in selecting the top ten?

LOL - the ever reliable "somewhere".

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Okay ... now I'm seeing an article saying that the judges send four singers to the top ten. That leaves ten to sing for the final six spots and the viewers will vote for them.

Argh. Who knows? :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ok, I think you are right, they call the top 4 tonight.

The spoiler from people who attended are at MJ's blog.

Don't look if you don't want to see the names! It was all taped.
http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-2016-spoilers-wildcard-results-and-songs.htm

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Only FOUR contestants were advanced straight to the Top 10 by the judges, leaving TEN to perform for the SIX remaining spots in the Top 10, to be voted on by America after the show airs tomorrow{today} night (2/24)." (from MJs)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is where I saw it as well. I wonder what are they doing tomorrow night then? Just announcing who is going through? They have to fill up two hours.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The way I took is the same as I originally posted, but the numbers are different.

So tonight 4 get chosen out of the 14 to go straight through to top 10 (without performing), and then tonight 10 sing for the remaining 6 spots. We vote.

Then tomorrow the full ten spots are filled in and they all sing. We vote again. Then next week 2 go home leaving the top 8 to sing.

Same thing as before, just the numbers slightly different. The singing order of the ten and song choice is on MJ's page.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And tomorrow is live, tonight was taped.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yep, that's how it's going.

The 4 that went through with fast pass were:

Dalton
Olivia
Trent
La’Porsha

Manny was the first one up to sing for a wildcard spot and I thought he wasn't very good :-( He sang a Stevie Wonder song.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wonder if the four who went through, besides being happy and relieved, also kind of hate passing up a chance to be known to people who may not have started watching until tonight when they can vote? I mean I am happy Dalton and Olivia are safe, so it works for me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Avalon has makeup on! Wasn't it just last week she said no way to make-up, ever? LOL!

Wow, she is singing so well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I imagine they try to impress upon them that appearances to factor in..

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am all in this year. I am going to utilize 3 voting methods. Thank goodness even landline voting is limited to 10 so it won't be a big ordeal.

Ohh, Lee is sounding really good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, even Jeneve has makeup on.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My favorite of the evening was Avalon. She is simply amazing. I have never seen an idol contestant so smooth on stage.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
What are the phone numbers? I can't see that little bitty writing. Even google didn't provide the answer.

Azriel

08-01-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Azriel a private message Print Post    
I think Avalon was prettier without makeup.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hecka, I only paid attention to 2 numbers.

Avalon 1-866-436-5705
Jenn 1-866-436-5706

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I was surprised MacKensie didn't make it..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's not over yet, Kookliebird! I'm sure MacKenzie will make it through tomorrow night. I absolutely loved Sonnika! I had goosebumps everywhere. Beautiful!

And can I just say that I was so distracted by Jenn's very strange eyebrows, that I couldn't really see anything else. The inside corner of her left brow looked like it was coming loose, and I just wanted to reach through my TV and fix it. Or pull it off! That was just weird. But sparkly!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They have a good group this season. I think the judges (first time in years) did a good job selecting talented and interesting performers.

Olivia and Dalton are great. I also like Jenn and Avalon. But the nice thing is they are all good.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I voted for McKenzie, but my top two are definitely Olivia and Dalton at this point.

And others are good too.