TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 11, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XV: Top 24 Performances and Results: Archive through February 11, 2016 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So the first twelve of the top 24 are going to perform tonight. It's a one hour show so Ryan is probably going to be going crazy trying to fit this all in.

Then tomorrow night is a 2 hour show with the twelve performing duets with previous contestants and results.

Then next week the rest of the top 24 will perform.

At least I think that is what will happen?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That sounds rights. I wish we were voting, but it looks like it's the Judges sending home 5 people on this Thursday as well as 5 more next Thursday, leaving us with 14.

And then after these two weeks are over, here's what MJs blog says will happen:

"On Wednesday Feb 24, the JUDGES will announce EIGHT contestants moving on to the TOP 10. The remaining SIX contestants will sing for TWO wildcard spots. Viewers will then VOTE for their favorites. *The judges choose EIGHT of the Top 10. Viewers vote for TWO wildcards.*"

Yikes, I just realized that's the day I will be having root canal

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
That's awful, Naja - you poor thing. I hope it's not too terribly unpleasant!

Jimmer, if it was like last year, the one-hour show tonight will be taped performances instead of live performances -- it's too many songs to fit into a live one-hour show. And also like last year, the judges' comments should be nice and brief (thanks to the gift of editing their remarks to fit the show's one-hour limit).

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that makes sense Uncle Ricky. I'm so gullible I thought it would be live.

Root canals. It seems every time I see my dentist he doesn't even look in my mouth before saying "Root canal!"

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I've never had a root canal, I haven't even really had many cavities in my life. I knew when I couldn't even fall asleep from the pain in my tooth, something was wrong. I'm slap happy right now from missing a whole night's sleep and being on pain killers. I hope I can stay awake for the show.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I hope you stayed awake because that was a great show. Best talent on AI in a long time. They were all very good. Far better than the last few years.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Emily picked the wrong song. She's better than that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I stayed awake, Jimmer.

I thought Avalon was so fantastic. She simply amazes me. And Jenna was great, too.

I see Man Bun got a haircut. He looks so much better, but his singing was really bad tonight.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I'm just tuning in late....where are they performing, the venue?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Egbok, it's someplace called "The Vibiana" in downtown L.A.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja! I just googled The Vibiana and see that it was once a Catholic church, very interesting history on it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was a good show as I said earlier. Very rushed though. I wonder why they aren't having the viewers vote? Maybe they felt the viewers made poor decisions in recent years and didn't want to take any chances? I think the viewers in recent seasons have picked some very safe boring contestants (the white guy with a guitar thing) and that's hurt the show.

However, I still think not having the viewers vote is a poor decision. First, if the judges do a good job picking the top 24 then there should be no weak performers. Second, I think the early and extended viewer voting is what has helped so many AI contestants go on to good careers (unlike The Voice). It makes their fans more committed.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wished they'd let the other 12 sing tonight and do the duets next week.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
MacKenzie and La Porsha were my two favorites even if I didn't spell their names correctly, lol.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I liked MacKenzie too and was surprised that I did not like more of the performances. Not sure why they love the girl with the harp.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thank God she took off that ridiculous hat. Quirky is fine, but she may be a bit much.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Hat... Harp? same difference. Something to use to stand out from the others. To me, she's 15 going on 40.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Mackenzie was my fav of the night. I really don't care for LaPorsha or most of the gals.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, Jenna and Scotty are sounding incredible together! I love this performance.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Jenna and Scotty were good.

I loved Avalon and Ruben. They were amazing together. They both seem like such nice fun easygoing people and what singers. She was good!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here we go:

First person safe is LaPorsha

Second person safe is Sonica

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Third safe person:

Avalon! Woo Hoo!

4th safe is Gianna!

5th safe is Thomas

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
6th safe is:

MacKenzie!

And the final person safe is:

Jeneve ;/

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There is still wild card, so I am hoping my Jenna will make it then.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That performance by Jeneve and Scotty was a hilarious hot mess. At least it wasn't boring.