TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 28, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XV: General Discussion: Archive through January 28, 2016 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I would not mind the judges joking around if they were not so scripted - like I am to believe all three judges knew all the lyrics to the laverne and Shirley song? I sincerely doubt it. Just like the Voice, too much about he judges to me. WHy don't they just get a sitcom together or try a variety show. Yes, I am obnoxiously annoyed by this show. so why do I watch, normally i don't watch the auditions they just bug me too much and always have. I prefer the singing part, but even that is too much judging shtick.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 1:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
FYI for this year
‘American Idol’ Final Season Premiere, Pt. 2: A Little Rockin’ Good Time
Dalton Rappatoni – This 19-year-old School of Rock teacher use to be in the Perez Hilton-managed boy band IM5 (something Ryan Seacrest didn’t mention, of course),

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree they are infinitely better than Nikki and Mariah. That was a dreadful season.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure they mentioned it when he appeared on our local Fox affiliate...he sure does have some amazing eyes (even without the heavy eye makeup, which fortunately he wasn't sporting on the early morning show...LOL!).

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OH, I am not saying others don't mention it, just Idol doesn't as a rule, there are some exceptions.
Idol producers know who they wish would win, they don't always get their way, but there have been reports for ever that people were told come back next year, this year a (opposite sex) will win. Actually, looking back, they rarely get their way, if ever. And that started in season one when they wanted Tamyra and Justin as the final two. you just have to review the shows and see how they pushed them. I think Carrie may have been the only time their choice won. Have to think about it more.
So the question is - this year, who is the CHOICE? I will wait for the top 10 although the preferred person does not always make it to the top group.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I know someone who auditioned a few years back. She has an incredibly beautiful voice, but she doesn't have "classic" good looks. She didn't make it past the early rounds with the production assistants. She said it was beautiful voice after beautiful voice. There is a LOT of competition and they just can't take everyone. We only see a very small percentage of the people who audition. Most of them don't make it past the initial try-outs.

We also don't see the judges sit in their chairs for 8 or 10 hours listening to people sing. If they get a little tired and silly, who can blame them? We only see the "interesting" parts of the auditions. If all they showed us was the judges sitting with their hands folded being "respectful," it would be a very boring show. I enjoy seeing them play and joke with each other. I think the contestants get a kick out of it, too.

And I wasn't surprised that all three judges knew all the words to the Laverne and Shirley theme. I can still remember every word of the songs from "Gilligan's Island," "The Brady Bunch" and "Green Acres." Those childhood memories are deep. I burned up all my best brain cells remembering TV theme songs and commercial jingles. Can't remember anything anymore!

ETA: And "The Beverly Hillbillies." (I know, I'm dating myself.)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
No you're not dating yourself. We were all watching old re-runs.

I can remember all those songs too. They played them over and over again.

We went to a local concert recently and I was amazed at the quality of the singers. It's not just enough to have a good voice. You also need personality, stage presence, intelligence, song writing ability and finally, luck.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, that's right, Jimmer! I saw all those shows on TVLand. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, I watched every show of cecil the seas sick sea serpent and I can't sing that song today,not to mention all the obscure lyrics that were not played on the show. Now I agree some people would know it, I just don't think JLo would be one of them.
tried to watch but had closed captions on, seems like the closed captions said one thing and th show said another, so gave up. I have a problem with hearing the dynamic sound on television, but not anything in real life, weird, but I find it annoying when they re-edit things and it says one thing and the sound is another. will read summary later.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We're half into tonight's show and think I found the first person I want to root for. It's Jenn. She was acting kind of dopey, but when she sang it blew me away.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That shocked me too, Naja! I thought she was so laid back, it was almost like she was high, but then she came alive and was a whole different person when she sang! I love seeing how some of them will grow and come into their own over the next few weeks. Hate to see the ones who go down in a blaze of glory. So disappointing for them!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Haven't got that far in the show but I'll be looking for her now!

Embarrassing story about TV theme songs. The judges were singing one of them (I think it was Green Acres) and my DD says, "Hey! Isn't that the song you and Mom were singing in the car the other day?"

Don't ask.

(I think one DD was talking about a future legal career and the other was talking about a farm trip she went on --> which triggered Green Acres.)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, that's hilarious! Thanks for the laugh! We have a nursery here in town called "Green Acres." Every time hubby tills me he's going there, I start singing the song!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight was the last night of auditions and I have 3 favs. I am sure they will change before voting day.

For some reason my 3 favs so far are all girls. Jenn, Jenna, and Avalon.

Maybe during Hollywood weeks one of the boys will catch my fancy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 22, 2016 - 12:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm I don't seem to have recorded it..

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, January 22, 2016 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
didn't watch either night this wk. Only watched the 2nd night last wk. This show just doesn't hold my attention anymore. I hope to get more into it when the live shows start.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, January 22, 2016 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I saved it and look forward to catching up.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 22, 2016 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
As far as the judges talking during the auditions, I think they are miked so they are talking quietly to each other, but we can hear them because of the mike. I don't think the contestants can hear them.

I'm going to miss this show. These are the three best judges ever. They seem to get along so well and are fun to watch. I think this show lost a lot of viewers when Mariah and Nikki were on. Ugh. What a horrible season!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 22, 2016 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would have watched, but I'll be ok waiting for the next show. Still, wonder what bumped it off the queue on my DVR?

Yes, I think that season helped to kill it..

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I saw that my weird Jenn went trough tonight, but they skipped through it so fast I didn't see Jenna or Avalon at all. Did they show them?

Oh well, tomorrow it may be more clear during groups.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They went through fast but I'm pretty sure I saw them. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It really is almost a blur in some cases.. goes so fast. Sad for several who I liked and didn't go through.

Tonight will still be the individual auditions, I think.

Then the groups which I love/hate. They can be entertaining but I hate how some are just trashed because of the group they ended up in and how some are bullied or tend to bully.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight is groups, Seamonkey. They are completely done with the single auditions with the lines of ten. They said it at the end of the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
All 3 of my early girl picks made it through groups in the first 25 minutes of the show. Jenna, Jenn and Avalon. Yay!