TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 08, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XV: General Discussion: Archive through January 08, 2016 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
'American Idol' Final Season To Be Four Weeks Shorter Than Last
...FremantleMedia North America president of entertainment programming Trish Kinane, who shares showrunning duties with Fox executive vp David Hill, won't confirm season 15's truncated schedule, but she does acknowledge, "The storytelling works better in [fewer] weeks." The problem, surmises Kinane, is that during its heyday, "Idol was so successful [that the season] got too extended too much. There are only so many hours that ­viewers will devote to watching these shows, so if it is shorter this year, it will be a good thing."
And by that she means good for everyone. According to an insider, the decision to ­condense the competition was "the ­network's," which by this point wants to cut its losses with the show that once had a season-five high of 35 ­million viewers, but was able to draw only 11 million during its most recent round in 2015 (the winner was Nick Fradiani, if you don't recall). Ad revenue, meanwhile, has fallen from $628 ­million in 2013 to $427 million a year later when a 30-second spot went for less than $300,000 (down from 2011's rate of $500,000), ­according to Kantar Media.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's the AI finale season schedule:

American Idol 2016 Schedule:
– Wednesday, January 6th: 8-10 PM ET/PT
– Thursday, January 7th: 8-10 PM ET/PT
– Wednesday, January 13th: 8-9 PM ET/PT
– Thursday, January 14th: 8-10PM ET/PT
– Wednesday episodes continue until March 2nd.

And in real time they have already chosen the top 24. They are listed here. Don't look if you don't look if you don't want to know yet.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-2016-spoilers-top-24-season-15-contestants.htm

(you may have to choose an answer to a question for the article to show up)

06-29-2002

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
If you want to discuss the top 24 please do that in the spoiler thread. Thank you.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I would like to point out that we haven't had a spoiler thread in years. Every year, someone posts the page with the top 24, people look if they want, and that's the end of it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well it can work that way this year as well if people want. No one is forcing anyone to comment. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's just that I felt like I was being scolded for doing what we do every year :-) I don't mind a spoiler thread to do the actual talking about it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It may have appeared that way to you but that wasn't the intent at all. No one is scolding anyone. It was just for anyone who wants to talk about it. We can't win for trying to be helpful. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The irony of the whole thing is I don't look....LOL

Well, I have peeked, I think twice, just to see if someone I absolutely fell in love with during the auditions was there. I've never checked for anybody I was just ok or mediocre with.

I'm not peeking this year because I want to live this final season to fullest! :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's funny but every season people sound incredibly good during the early auditions and I think this will be the best AI ever! Then it all seems to fall apart for them. I don't know if they get so much advice that it confuses them or if they don't like the songs they have to choose from or if they are over produced but it seems to happen every year now. I hope that since it's the last season they'll take some risks and be exciting.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I just can't get into this until the shows actually start airing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
4 days until show time :-)
It starts Wednesday night.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Starts tomorrow! I can't believe how much I am looking forward to it!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's the last season, so I am going to be as nuts as I was during my fav season 5.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Enjoying it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That was a fun first show. I wasn't exactly thrilled to see Kim and Kanye invading my show, though.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
My teeth hurt it was so sugary sweet. I think they need a little vinegar mixed in. Not everyone was that good. I was not thrilled with yodel girl, I think she will be cut early in Hollywood.
The thing is, they can't tell anyone to come back next year, this is it. their one shot.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I did not like the Kanye- Kim thing... oh please, whats the connection? Ryan Seacrest anyone?

that being said, even dd said she enjoyed some of the voices - I get got on the stories... every time!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
When I hear the stories I try to figure out what the truth is, Idol has made up stories so many times, the real stories rarely come out early on the show. Like Cook's brother's brain cancer did not come out until near the end of the show and not because he wanted to have it come out. but the stories about Carrie growing up as a farm girl who never flew on a plane before - they showed her collecting eggs and milking cows - I guess they had to detach the cow form the electric milker to do that. Some how they did not mention her touring around the country or her having to be released from her recording contract to appear on the show. Then there was "farm boy" on the same year who lived in a city but his family rented a farm so that he could portray farm boy. Granted they down play previous recording contracts and appearances, but sometimes they make up the stories from whole cloth. I think that is another thing I don't like about the audition shows and rarely watch them. don't want to hear fake stories I don't want to watch people use their family tragedies for fodder to appear on TV..If you say it is about talent, let it be about talent.
these back stories give reality TV a bad name.
I want to add, I have no problem with experienced people being on this show, heck make the show all about experienced people, I don't care, but don't make up stuff and try and pretend these are inexperienced cinderella people, - almost no one is - the whole start abut Kelly being a waitress and just walking into an audition totally ignores her stint in Hollywood talking to recording agents about a contract when her apartment burned down with everything in it - that is a much better story.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed watching last night and look forward as the season unfolds!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not a big fan of the backstories. I prefer to focus on the performances.

However, I'm shocked that some of them are completely made up. That's just wrong!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom - thank you for those reminders (I had completed forgotten some of them!!)

DD and I were watching, haven't watched in years, just a here and there type of thing... but, honestly - it was hard to watch, dd kept yelling how disrespectful the judges are - and she has a point. I do like Harry and I am a fan of country music, and like Keith Urban... but there were too many, "did he just do that?" moments, for instance Harry getting up and going to the contestant - and talking and walking around her (he voted yes right away, then went and sat on the side) I can't tell you how many times dd would say - stop being Disrespectful...

or the policewoman, they were so intent on the "bit" that she just didn't sing - and another thing, so many brought guitars, but didn't use them. Some had piano accompaniment and some didn't...

It got me to thinking that there were probably quite a few "ringers" in this crowd as there were in seasons past - so again, thank you Sadiesmom!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I do think the judges have a bit too much fun sometimes. Hoping that we don't see part that is edited out where they have built rapport with the auditioner first.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It is an odd situation to be sure. The judges (and most of the viewers) see it largely as fun and entertainment whereas it's potentially a life changing moment for the contestants. Imagine where Kelly and Carrie would be now if their auditions hadn't gone well. They might still have good lives but they would be different!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'd like to think they mostly only joke around when they know they are sending someone through, but I'm not sure that is always the case.

That said, it is far better than the season with Nikki and Mariah totally involved with their private made public battles.. that was just toxic.

At least these three seem to like each other.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I am really enjoying it again.