TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XV: General Discussion users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 08, 2016Heckagirl63125 01-08-16  5:35 pm
Archive through January 28, 2016Naja25 01-28-16  7:46 pm
Archive through August 05, 2016Roxip25 08-05-16  6:48 am
Archive through May 16, 2017Naja25 05-16-17  3:16 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't know if I have the energy to go back to AI.

Depends on what else is happening I guess.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I think her exact words were, "This is not a Lifetime movie, sweetheart." I loved that, too! It's not about who has the saddest story. It should be about who has the best voice!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It sounds like a bit of a mean comment but another reason it was funny was she was making it to one of the other judges (I forget which one).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping for less smack talk between judges

And really, it is the producers who promote the sad stories and even if a singer tried to hide a sad story, they'd ferret it out.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I loved the friendly banter between Harry and Keith. Not so much the feud between Nikki and Mariah. Ugh. Worst season ever.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Nikki and Mariah killed American Idol.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Daughtry announced as second judge. Ever since he got that tattoo a ross his back I have had a hard time taking him seriously. I have no idea how he will do.
Katy Perry, last time she was a judge on Idol, was the year Adam was on and when she did her performance she swirled her cape open and it said Adam in giant letters, so as a judge, I do believe there will be a lot of bias. And she has the Tay tay fan hate going against her.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Some behind the scenes stuff has come out, and it's interesting...

-Kelly Clarkson was their first choice to judge, and they were talking.

-ABC was offering in the $5-8 million range.

-NBC came in with a $12 million offer for The Voice, and she decided to take it.

-ABC then went to their second, third, and fourth judge choices in the same price range, and couldn't get anywhere.

-while this was going on, they were talking to Ryan Seacrest to host; they were offering about the same amount.

-the trouble started because ABC wanted something to announce at the upfront...so they panicked.

-they went to Katy Perry, and offered her $25 million to judge, and she accepted.

-now the original idea when ABC decided to take the show is that it'd be cost effective- high production costs late in the Fox run is what helped sink it.

-So now Seacrest is upset because of The KP offer- plus he'd have to commute between both coasts (he's in the process of moving to NYC because of his Live hosting)

-insiders now say he won't come back to host unless he's offered close to what KP got, which means if they decide to do it, they're already on the hook for 50 million before any production has happened...there are worries things are starting to get out of control already on the cost side..

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well well well...I suspect a lot of ABC execs are praying this works..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/07/20/ryan-seacrest-return-host-abcs-rebooted-american-idol/495011001/

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I still can't understand why they picked Katy Perry for a live show. I don't think she is stable enough.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well they had some of their biggest ratings with Paula judging.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So we have all judges now. Katy, Lionel and Luke.

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/09/
lionel_richie_luke_bryan_sign.html

Did Paula judge without Simon? I watched for him, not her.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
No. Paula was the first of the judges to leave the show.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, March 03, 2019 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Is no one watching?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, March 03, 2019 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
we need a new thread. I was sleeping, this snow has me freaked out.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: