TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Previous idols - not the current year

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIV: Previous idols - not the current year users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
what previous Idols do for a living - don't mock he is also starring in Wicked on Broadway - money is money
lil'Sweet Doctor Pepper ad

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I don't recognize him.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Heckagirl, he is Justin Guarini, runner-up to Kelly Clarkson on the first season of AI.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 12:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It is a great little money maker for him, glad he got it.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Ace Young & Diana DeGarmo (she's the real star of the show, great voice). Met on Broadway (Hair) and eventually married. Now touring together. We saw this show last month in Las Vegas.

http://www.josephthemusical.com/ustour/

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Carrie had a baby boy named Isiah

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Fun thread!

Was it good, Kona. How did it compare to the Donny Osmond version (if you saw that as well)?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Bo Bice is now the lead singer with Blood Sweat and Tears.
He did have his career interrupted by years of illness, several surgeries later, he has this job.
http://www.bobice.com/

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yahoo.com has a list of top 35 Idol performances (of course they are the author of the article's preferences), along with accompanying videos. There are some really good performances but the #1 performance is Adam Lambert's "Ring of Fire" - which I hated but watching it now it just shows what an amazing artist Glambert is. He has the most amazing voice control and ability to stay on pitch while changing key...although personally I would have picked his performance of "Mad World" as #1 - I have gone back and watched that more times than I want to count.

Cool about Bo Bice - I really was rooting for him his season, although of course Carrie Underwood has gone on to have an amazing career.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, June 12, 2015 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Adam Lambert is apparently releasing a new album and it got a very good review...I hope it is hugely successful for him because I have always believed he is one of the most talented artists to not win American Idol...

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/the-original-high-review-adam-lambert-lifts-his-game-1.10533557

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, July 10, 2015 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have been talking to people and reading things lately that show my age.
One of the things I read was that no one buys albums or even songs on I tunes anymore. Why bother then they can stream what the want and don't have to own anything. Pandora and apple music and other streamers are it. If you want to be famous , you need to be on the stream. My great niece knows Adam from his streaming. But she has not spent any money on his music. I think that the music business is insane now, not sure how anyone makes money. But this explains why people are going country, that is the only segment left that really buys music.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, July 10, 2015 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They make most money from touring. Which in some respects is a good thing because it forces artists to get out there and perform. Also, the fact that you can once again get/buy individual songs (unlike when you had to buy an entire CD) takes us back to the good old days of 45's.

The thing is if they can make streaming viable and get people to pay for it, then it is a good option in that it's better for them to make some money from streaming rather than have people just steal their music.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, July 10, 2015 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
but you can only tour is your music gets out there and it has to get out there by streaming currently, if you are off the list, not going to happen, it is even harder than ever for people to break that lock.
Touring does not make the money it used to, it used to be easier for people to tour, but now the stadiums are shrinking to smaller theaters, etc. a lot of groups you would think would be rich are broke and in debt.
I just think it is getting harder and harder to make a buck, the people at the very top can make money, but it is really hard for people to make the leap up from scratching out a living to "making it" today.
I think more money is made doing private parties for the very rich than touring.
Neil Patrick Harris will have a variety show this year, and maybe that will help some performers. I miss variety shows.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, July 10, 2015 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well they stream practically everything now. Apple's catalog has over 30 million songs.

The biggest thing they could do is to try to find a way to discourage people from stealing music. And it is stealing.

A variety show would be fun and he has a lot of talent. I hope it makes it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
FYI - Clay Aiken is performing mini concert for thanks to people supporting him in election on his facebook jan 4 9 pm EST https://www.facebook.com/clayaiken

note now officially in the wrong thread, last years, heh.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think the NPH variety show was quickly cancelled.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: