TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 09, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIV: General Pre-show Discussion: Archive through January 09, 2015 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, December 15, 2014 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
New season starts January 7th. I'll move a couple of posts about this over from the general reality TV thread.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The new American Idol section hasn't opened yet so I'll post this here....

FOX's 'American Idol' Ditching Results Show

According to Ryan Seacrest, American Idol will follow in the footsteps of Dancing with the Stars and eliminate its results show this season. The show will run two nights a week throughout the auditions and preliminary rounds, but once the top ten contestants have been selected, it will move to a single night format, with performances and the announcement of the prior week's results combined into a single episode.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/12/14/foxs-american-idol-ditching-results-show/339347/

Hurray! :-)

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
It's about time!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 15, 2014 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Jimmer :-)

Don't click this if you don't want to know any of contestants that are in top 24.

2 of the top 24 have been kicked out of the comp for fighting! And they have to replace them with 2 from everyone that made it to top 48.

Again, don't click if you don't like spoilers.
http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-14-top-24-contestants-kicked-fighting.htm

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, December 15, 2014 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're welcome. :-)

In a way, I'm sorry they are ditching the results show. I don't want them to make the shows shorter. I want them to make them better.

It was fine in the early years to have new contestants and youthful voices singing oldies. Now they have to do something different. Sing some of the newer songs and sing some of the older songs as well but change it up. Sadly, this show discourages risk takers and it is the risk takers who have always kept the music business fresh and interesting.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, December 15, 2014 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Apparently that spoiler is incorrect by the way.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 15, 2014 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, they retracted it. That would have been interesting to see to play out on the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 15, 2014 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So will voting be east coast centric ? I'm really losing interest in so many of these shows..

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 15, 2014 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
No, we vote like we always did. They just don't announce it until the next week. Just like DWTS does it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's the top 24 spoiler list.

http://americanidolnet.com/american-idol-spoilers-american-idol-2015-top-24-singers-revealed/

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
So last year Idol lost AT&T as a client this year they lost Coke and Ford has cut it's investment, no more Ford commercials. Didn't watch seriously last year, so don't know if they did them then,. Randy is gone and the show is cut to one night a week, which I do think is only because they messed around with wasting so much time on the results show ugh, half the time they did not have enough time to announce the loser properly.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 22, 2014 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This is wild. Even AI is spoiling itself.

Here's a video of the top 24 singing with their faces hidden.

http://www.americanidol.com/watch/376110147550/7716941568

And at the beginning of the video Ryan says they are going to completely reveal the 24 before the auditions even start. (even though it's already been figured out)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 22, 2014 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow..so we cannot even hope someone we like goes through, or they will just give us more people they are mocking.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
just saw the latest ad - it is all judges - it so it trying to be the voice - they keep repeating what we know needs to be fixed less judges, but imitation is such an easy trap to fall into. SO the new producer was supposed to turn it around, why is he doing the same old same old?

Robinm

01-31-2006

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Robinm a private message Print Post    
Premieres tonight. Looking forward to it.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Great start to a new season! Love this show!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Great premiere! This is going to be a fun season.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen it yet but I'm happy to read your positive reviews.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I always love the Auditions. The last few years I quit watching once the auditions are over!! This one was a good one!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
One particular thing I liked was how quick they got to the vote, or even skipped the vote altogether when it was obvious the person was going through.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I used to hate when they'd fall all over someone and say how great the person is and then "dramatically" vote. It was just silly after awhile.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have it recorded!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think they've listened to the viewers and stopped exploiting all those people who are so delusional about their own "talent" or those who obviously have mental issues. I always found that so uncomfortable. They've started focusing more on the better singers. Lots of talent this season. I don't remember any names yet, but there are several good singers. I always wonder how they'll stand up during Hollywood week. That's a tough week.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I've watched both shows and enjoyed them.. though I thought someone was deluded with a couple they put through..

Loved Harry jamming on the piano with the one singer who played piano and Keith and Harry playing and Jennifer dancing with that one guy.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I am finding it more enjoyable this time around; probably because all the non essentials are eliminated and the pretty good ones are highlighted and sent through. I did question a few of the ones that went through but then thought they have some to eliminate a little further down the road so maybe that is why.

I really, really loved the voice and power of the guy who sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". WOW! It's going to be hard to narrow this down; there are a lot of good, unique singers out there. I think personality and ability to be flexible and adapt will become very important.