TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Pre-show Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIV: General Pre-show Discussion users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 09, 2015Auntiemike25 01-09-15  6:42 pm
Archive through February 06, 2015Denecee25 02-06-15  9:12 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Always enjoy the groups!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I love the groups as well, I ignore the drama, a lot of time that is egged on by the producers, but the group sings are always interesting.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This is one of my favorite parts of AI.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I wish they would dedicate more episodes to the group part. It seems to go by so quickly.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
gah, I thought they were going to sing and then they would decidethe top 24, but noooo, first they drag them to Detroit then they tell them before they can sing. that is messed up.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
never mind, they are letting them sing before deciding, I must be blanking out for seconds here or there (j/k)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Of those going through to the top 24 last night, so far I like little Daniel, Shannon, and Jax.

A lot of the time when people were being called in, I was half hoping some of them would make it through just to get the hair stylists they use for the live shows. There are some unfortunate hair-dos this year.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The girl with the blood red at the bottom of her hair..... no, that does not look good even if you do try to match it with your lipstick!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
A paper wrote a summary of the people passed through so far and they have the usual question who was your favotie alumni for previous years, I am sorry, but Blake Lewis? your favorite ever - and to boot, this was year 3 and it was the favorite of the 15 year old - that was like when he was 4!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It is kind of funny :-) But Blake was season 6

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I like the small 15 yr old boy.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's Daniel. One of my picks from yesterday, too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like several who went through. The 15 year old smaller boy is adorable, that first guy who sang was good, I have liked Jax all along.

The girl with the red hair ends and the garish makeup.. I was not happy that they called her back and then took her instead of the girl they intended to take. And it was really sucky for the other girl, too. But the red hair ends and the horrible lipstick.. ICK. and she did seem too pageanty in her performance.

The black girl who had been homeless with her mom.. I was semi rolling my eyes BUT.. really liked her singing (and her) and was happy that she went through.

And indeed many unfortunate mops of hair this time. But some variety so far.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I was annoyed that they switched their pick at the last minute. That was harsh - when they told the first girl she was gone and the second one that they were planning on keeping her - and then switched it!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I think they have very strong singers this year. So far, any of them could be the winner.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Sorry Naja I was thinking of Pen Boy, I wish I could remember his name, all I remember was that he used to be a pen salesman and they used to call him pen boy.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I am satisfied with the top 24 picks. It seems they showed so many over and over, and several people picked I don't remember seeing at all.

I felt sorry for the blonde that lost out at the singoff after they decided to bring the other girl back.

Ruthamc

05-09-2011

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ruthamc a private message Print Post    
Jon Peter Lewis was on season 3 and they called him pen boy. I don't think he sold pens but he had on a buttoned up white dress shirt and tie and Simon Cowell said he looked like a pen salesman.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
YOU are correct, sorry I forgot. that is who I was thinking Blake Lewis was, but Now I remember he was a beat box guy. And Jon Paul Lewis proved he could sing on the Voice a few years ago.
Which goes to why I wish they were not looking for a young pop singer and looked more to the older more seasoned people, sometimes they need time to settle down.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I am not a fan of that Shi girl and it seems like they are picking several women singers like her who have throwback type voices, which I like but I'm not sure how they will play to a younger audience.

There are several cute young boys. If they don't cancel each other out in the vote early on they could be a shoo-in to go far in the competition, which might not bode well for the girls.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Love the quirkiness of Joey (?) Cook, the girl with the short hair tipped in hot pink. She's different and very good. Love her style.

There are few singers that are good but are nothing unique or special. I am amazed at the young age of some of these very talented singers!

Let the challenges begin....

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm happy that they included some different unique quirky performers. Sadly, they may not have a chance with the voters but there's always hope.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, I plan to vote for quirky, but there are probably too many to save.

I know at least one country singer is in the top 24 and he was slightly more toward quirky than the guy they sent home instead, but while I like country and I know about the voting country fans, I kind of hope it goes a different direction this year, just for some variety.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'll be watching Survivor instead of this. I'll come in here for updates though.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
I was just thinking the other day about some of the great voices in music the last few years and the thought crossed my mind to wonder how they would have fared on Idol, the Voice, or the other talent show.

Especially I was thinking of Jim Nabors, without question, one of the great voices of his generation, but never a top of the charts artist. Wonder what the judges would have said if they had heard him in his early days, and would the audience have taken to him? Would we have recognized true musical genius?

Just crazy thoughts when I had nothing else to do.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: