TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 28, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 7: Battle Rounds and Live Rounds..: Archive through October 28, 2014 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
A new thread for the Battle Rounds. I confess that I don't generally watch this part of The Voice. Is it good?

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Thank you Jimmer.

Well, we like it. Chance for us to see if we think they made the right choice. lol! Last night was hard though, with so many both team members were really good, I don't know how they picked. Probably why there were two steels right off the bat.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I think we should get to see all of the battle rounds. They show us the results only of some of them & the only thing I can figure out is the duet just didn't go good.....someone freaked out or messed up really bad. Anyway, I like this round & love seeing it as well as every round of the show.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
just a thought:

i wonder if the "american idol" menu topic under "reality shows" could be changed to "talent shows".
more people interested in the voice and xfactor, etc., might find it easier to find and post comments about their favorite shows.
it is always takes a bit of remembering to find the voice thread.
what think you, jimmer?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's an interesting thought. We'll let you know. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Comcast/Xfinity is having a sweepstakes where you can win tickets to The Voice finale, plus 10K.

https://www.xfinitysweepstakes.com/

The daily prize is a mini tablet but they don't say what kind. You don't have to have comcast to enter. Be sure to "UNcheck" that you want mailings. (unless you want them)

Ann

09-27-2005

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
Christina Aguilera to Return to The Voice, Joins Pharrell Williams, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton For Season 8

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/christina-aguilera-return-the-voice-joins-pharrell-season-8-20141410

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Following Dovez's suggestion, we updated the main area's heading to "Vocal Talent Shows" to more clearly indicate that the area isn't just about American Idol. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Christina is my least favourite of the female judges.

I like the new heading :-).

I didn't see many of the audition shows but have tuned into the battle rounds. I never quite understand the pairings, they often seem to match two very strong singers together. I guess they are trying to make sure they have only one of a particular style, so as not to split votes.

I've also noted more of a tendency of them to get rid of exceptional singers in favour of those who are great but still improving, because they feel they can do more for them. Again, I don't know if I quite understand it unless they consider the show a kind of school, which maybe they do.

Ann

09-27-2005

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
Sorry double post

Dovez

08-27-2005

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
I Jimmer

Dovez

08-27-2005

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
Whoops
Still loving Jimmer but find that new category still hides within American Idol in menu on home page.
Confused am I (said in best Yodo voice)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the loving.

Oh you mean the list on the top right of the home page? We changed the forum headings but I guess we missed that one. There's always a few links to change and sometimes we don't get them all (I don't usually look at the home page). Since it's a home page high level change, I'll ask Draheid if he can do it when he gets the chance.

Thanks for pointing it out. :-)

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Well, I'm ready for the show tonight. The Voice has become my fav. talent show. I will still watch AI & I've always just watched at America's Got Talent & I never really got into Xfactor. I like The Sing Off that is a short show w/Nick LaShae as host that happens around the holidays.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think the new judges this year are great. Loved Usher last season and just adore Pharrell this year and his clothes! He is really enjoying being a judge. This is by far my favorite talent show...I gave up on AI a couple years back. There is a ton of talent this year but I think the 2 guys and 1 gal country singers have a real good shot at winning.
Can you tell I really really like to show????

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I really like Gwen Stefanis makeup ( during knockouts). It is so natural and not over the top with the dark eyes. Love it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'd like to see her with Brown hair. I bet she'd be beautiful. All these years with that platinum processed hair, I'm surprised she still has hair. I'm not into the yellow white hair like hers and Christina's or the purple hairlike Kelli Osborn.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I think the seasoned coaches (Blake & Adam) are not only looking for the most talented but who they think will be vote getters as well. Some very talented folks have already left prob. due mostly to the fact that the coaches didn't feel they would have big followings.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
JIMMER: you want to watch next week.. Taylor Swift will be coaching all of those remaining and I think your family will enjoy her (me too).

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We do like Taylor Swift so that may get us to watch. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer.. both nights of the Knockout Rounds next week, Taylor Swift is involved.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sea.

Stupid question but what happens in the knockout rounds? How does that work?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Each coach pairs 2 contestants at a time in the knockout round. They only compete against each other & each one gets to perform a song of their choice & then the coach has to decide which one he will keep. The other contestant is then eligible for steal from the other 3 coaches & each coach has just 1 steal in this round.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Texasdeb! Maybe we should have a new thread for the knockout round or I guess we can talk about it here?