TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Battle Rounds and Live Rounds..

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 7: Battle Rounds and Live Rounds.. users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 28, 2014Jimmer25 10-28-14  4:45 pm
Archive through November 18, 2014Jag200025 11-18-14  8:33 pm
Archive through November 25, 2014Auntiemike25 11-25-14  8:38 am
Archive through December 02, 2014Mush25 12-02-14  6:41 pm
Archive through December 08, 2014Jag200025 12-08-14  7:19 pm
Archive through December 15, 2014Snoopsmom25 12-15-14  6:09 pm
Archive through December 16, 2014Dovez25 12-16-14  4:29 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
What happens in TVCH... stays in TVCH.....

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Now this is entertaining!

Dovez

08-27-2005

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
north star, look what you've done now.
jimmer wasn't such a big fan of the voice, n'est-ce pas?
but here he is getting all excited.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Damian takes 4th place
Chris 3rd
Matt 2nd
And the WINNER is CRAIG WAYNE BOYD.....

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
I am shocked!! I really, really thought Matt had it in the bag!! Not that I thought Matt was the best, I wanted Chris to get it. I bet Adam is fit to be tied...3 of his in the top 4 and Blake's 1 guy wins.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
So bummed. I liked Matt and Chris. Not a country fan. I was hoping for Matt to win. I love his voice because it wasn't perfect. I like singers like Chris Martin of Coldplay or Matthew Bellamy from Muse. Jack White is one of my favorites. Oh well-really it was a nice bunch of guys at the end. The girls were meh!?!
I wish that the Voice could produce one really famous singer, but so far there hasn't been one, except maybe Cassadee Pope.
American Idol has so many that are famous. But I like the Voice better.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Congrats to Craig. Of the final 4, I thought he was the best. I didn't start thinking that until the last couple weeks when I thought he really stepped it up.

Ark

07-09-2001

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
I really liked all of the final 4 but enjoyed Chris the least. Matt sings songs that I really like but Adam's choices for him last night were awful. I'm so not a fan of country but each week Craig has been my favorite performer. Congrats to them all.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think Adam having 3 out of F4 probably hurt any of his performers from winning because the votes were split among the 3. Country voters band together and are strong and having Blake as coach adds a lot to the mix.
I voted for Craig and Chris last night. I was rooting for either to win but preferred Craig.

Tweety

04-14-2003

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tweety a private message Print Post    
Signed, sealed, delivered, it's yours. The producers gave Craig a great back story, and country fans came out to vote. Thanks to Gwen's start on the makeover, he became a very appealing guy. And not to take anything away from him, he is a performance pro.

The only thing I was sure of going into tonight's show was that Damian would be 4th. As for the rest - I would be happy with any winning - but my cat got very upset at my whoop and hand clapping when CWB won - the poor animal thought she did something wrong!

I think the reaction was triggered by the fact that a judge with 3 could still lose.

But did you all catch the Adam/Blake hug?

Mush

09-09-2002

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
I think that this show is not geared for my taste. I'm not a fan of country and am always disappointed when a country singer wins.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I was beyond surprised and delighted that Craig won. I really liked Damien, but like many others was sure that he would be fourth. (Once you're voted out, you are in weakest position. At least he had a great night.) As for Craig, someone on air referred to him as the "dark horse" and I thought he was; delighted when he wasn't.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Damien had a very sad back story and I liked him but he was destined to come in 4th. It was really stupid to bring a Wild Card into the finals.
I saw the hug between Adam and Blake. Adam was truly happy for him, I think. They are great friends and Blake would have been happy for Adam if it were reversed. They had no control over who won. I'm delighted with a CWB win and sorry James David Carter wasn't picked by Blake to go further.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Ditto Jag2000, re James David Carter. he was my absolute favorite. Was he there tonight? I didn't see the whole thing.

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
I would totally buy something of Damien's or Matt's. If I wanted to hear the best of Craig, I'd bring out my Travis Tritt CD's. I really only liked his voice when it was low and gravelly like Travis':-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 12:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm very happy for Craig Wayne and did vote for him last night. Thought the show was good but wow, Sugar was out there often.

I agree that if the coach factored in to voting then having three with one coach hurt them a bit.

Country fans are loyal voting on these shows and they are also loyal buying the songs later so.. there it goes.

The cars were nice and Damien as wild card got a real nice prize right there.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I only voted for Damien so I am glad I kept my bed time and did not watch the finale.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
bummer.

i was a craig fan until chris picked up his game. i absolutely would buy either his or mat's music. i, in fact, did buy mat's original song last night.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think that Matt will do just fine. Chris too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As all the coaches stressed for weeks, winning was the short term goal, but for everyone else this was a stellar opportunity to get coaching, exposure, fan base, make connections and it isn't a bummer, in the big picture.

Of course I am sure they all would love a new car, and to have won.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Has anyone other than the judges (winner much less non-winner) achieved any significant ongoing success after this show? I mean this was season 7. Let's say 10 finalists a season that would be 70 people. Anyone?

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I think it is a bummer because there has NOT been anyone successful from all that coaching, exposure..etc.
Jimmer-there has not been anyone made famous on the show and I can't figure it out as to why not. The coaches all have ties to important people, but nothing ever comes of it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Those were my thoughts as well. It all seems rather futile and I regret to say that it has tainted the show's credibility for me. Plus I'm not a big country music fan and it seems that country music dominates this show.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
as seen in the hollywood reporter-how some of the contestants have faired:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/gallery/photos-voice-finalists-favorites-nbc-659425#1-tessanne-chin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wonder if it's because of the lack of Ryan Seacrest. Whenever I turn on the radio it's Ryan, and you know he's going to play American Idol winners not The Voice winners. I wonder if it's as simple as that, you need someone to keep playing your song and The Voice doesn't control the radio like American Idol does.

Unless the youth of today doesn't listen to the radio anymore, which is entirely possible.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I would not recognize most of the winners & runner ups from any of the past seasons on this show. Where as, I recall many contestants, even those that didn't make the finale on AI. However, I do enjoy "the Voice" more than AI. I will continue to watch both shows as long as they are on.

A lot of folks from this show probably have better money making ability in this field than they would have had without the show but, it has so proven not to be a stepping stone to stardom.

I would love to see Matt, Chris, & some of the others that have not won The Voice audition for AI (are they even allowed?) I remember a few seasons ago, a guy that had been on AI & got pretty far was actually on The Voice in a duet & got pretty far.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
CWB is on The Tonight Show tonight.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link, Dovez. Well quite a few of them are still working at the music business but like Texasdeb said, they aren't household names at this point. Certainly no mega stars like from AI or the British X-Factor.

I think that one of the issues with The Voice is that the judges tend to take such a dominant role that they totally overshadow the contestants. The show is almost more about the judges than it is about the contestants.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 20, 2014 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe one difference is Simon Cowell.. and other producers.. Seems like X Factor had a few successes in few seasons, and Simon was on AI for many successes.

AI has now gone the route of singer judges self promoting..

I have no doubt that most of the singer judges intend to help promote,

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: