TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Preliminary Rounds

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: Rising Star: Preliminary Rounds users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't know if anyone else watched this? It was kind of fun. I ended up voting for the last contestant. One problem is that the vote count thing is very distracting when you are trying to enjoy the performance. This could be a success or a major dud but I hear that they've put a lot of money into it.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
they needed to pick up the pace a little. my 20 year old daughter and her boyfriend thought ludicrous was mean.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I want to know how to contact the producers of this show to see about getting a refund on the time I lost watching this dud of a show. Going to uninstall the app from my phone.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I agree with the pacing- I understand they need people to check in to the app to calculate how many votes will be needed to get to the 70% mark; but they should have done it during the commercials. Cut the fluff pieces and some of the banner you could probably easily get 15 acts in 2 hours instead of the 10 they had (and at 90 seconds each, there was about 15 minutes of singing in 2 hours)...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think that for the first show at least they were working on setting up the premise, showing people how it works and emphasizing the drama of voting so they may spend less time on that aspect in future episodes.

One thing that I find interesting about this show is that unlike all of the other voting shows where you can only vote for who you like, in this show you can cast negative votes. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Anyone know if there is a Rising Star app for Android (Kindle)? I tried looking but gave up.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Yes Karunna:

http://abc.go.com/shows/rising-star/news/app/download-the-rising-star-app

Jimmer, I read in one of the recaps that 10 acts is the plan for next week as well (the issue is the check in time; they give you like 2 minutes to check in- if they did it so the check in is during the commercial in most situations, they can cut the intro pieces out by about half if not more, which would give you time for at least 2 more acts)..

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I thought Josh Groban was the best thing about the first show. Oh and that kid Jesse. He blew me away when he started singing!

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I agree. It DDDDRRRRRAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEEDDDDDD!

I had my handy dandy App all ready to go, but lost interest by the third act. Much too slow. 10 Singers in 2 hours!!

They really need to pick it up some!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Wilson.

Uh, do I download Google Play or Windows for my Android (sorry for being so dense)?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Google Play is also known as the android app store.

But, I know in the past that kindle was only allowed to download from the Amazon app selection. Has that changed yet? I'm sure someone has had to come up with a workaround by now. Maybe they have lightened up and you can download from google play now?

I don't know that answer, but yes, Google Play is the android app store. And in the past, kindle couldn't download from there. I don't know if things have changed.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja, I'll try it and see what happens.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We recorded this show and watched it last night. Even skipping all the commercials, it dragged. I love Josh Groban, but maybe he should stick to his singing career. He just seemed awkward and they gave him way too much stuff to say. Too much talking and not enough singing.

Love Brad Paisley and I thought Ludacris did a good job, but Kesha (formerly known as Ke$ha) just seemed uncomfortable and out of place. Not sure we'll give this a second shot.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I made it 5 minutes. The banter was so bad, I changed the channel.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well the time zone issue came into play tonight...the first singer missed in the east with 69% , but got saved in the west with 71%..... They did pick up the pace a little, getting 12 acts in this week instead of 10.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 30, 2014 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well that's kind of cool that the West Coast was able to change something there. We missed the show altogether because we were out doing something else.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, June 30, 2014 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
They also saved the last act (had 68% in the east, got 70% in the west)...Though it does seem a little fishy that both the first and the last acts ended up in this position (however the last act would have made it thru in the east if Ludacris had voted for her).

Idolworship

05-07-2003

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Idolworship a private message Print Post    
Saw the first show. Ludacris truly is...ludicrous
Forgot the second show, and didn't care.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Ludacris is the only one who has anything intelligent to say. I want to like Brad Paisley, but I'm having trouble. And Kesha is just yuck! She's the Mariah Carey/Nikki Minaj of this show. I think Ludacris is at least honest. The others, not so much.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oops! Just re-read my comment above. I meant to say that Ludacris seems the MOST honest. Sorry.

This show must be doing dismal in the ratings, since nobody's in here talking about it (except me--I'm so lonely!). I don't expect to see this show renewed.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We're still enjoying it so you're not totally alone, Babyjaxmom. My DD's and I have all got the application and we've been having fun voting. I agree that the judging is a bit frustrating as they have a lot of influence over the results. Plus the whole concept is a bit wacked but it's still fun.

I suspect that Macy Kate and Jesse Kinch pretty much have a lock on the final two at this point but I like them both so that is okay with me. We all voted for April as well as we liked her quirky performances. I didn't even notice/remember she is missing a hand until after the performance ended.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I'm watching it. It's just ok nothing special.

I do fast forward through some of the yippity yap but I do that for most shows.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Sunday, July 27, 2014 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I don't really care for this show, but sort of watch it while I'm playing games on my iPhone.

I wish ABC brought the Sing Off back. I think it was only on for three seasons, but I thought they did much better than this show. Love last year's winners -- Pentatonix. They were phenomenal.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Last night's show was pretty weak. No one was very good. It'll be interesting to see how they do the top 12.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Wasn't The Sing Off on NBC? At least it was if it was the a capella singing show.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Opps! Yes, Roteach, The Sing Off was on NBC.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: