TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
5/20 Finale Week

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: 5/20 Finale Week users admin

AI
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 21, 2014Babyjaxmom25 05-21-14  10:42 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
MK said on twitter that she's ill. (Well, actually she said "due to illness" so perhaps that means a family member is ill.)

Mk nobilette ‏@Mknobilette May 19
Hey everyone I won't be in the finale this year due to illness but don't worry! I will still be on tour!

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I have never liked any of the original songs (except maybe Philip Phillips') but I liked Jena's more than Caleb's. It didn't seem like the type of song Caleb normally sings.

I threw all of my votes to Jena.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kitt!

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
I am so glad that I finally see posts agreeing with me that Jena does not pronounce her words. It is extremely difficult to know what she is singing. I do notice when her mouth is open that it appears her tongue is a little thick, perhaps that is the problem and she can't help it. However, I do hope for a Caleb win.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
TV Guide reviewer thought they hurt Jena with the first choice AND with her "Idol song" as well. They gave round 2 to Jena, though.

I actually voted 50 times on my landline and 50 on my call, all for Jena.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Phillip Phillips original song gave me chills when I first heard it. It's probably the only one that was a hit.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have to say did not watch and entire show this season until the final 2. I was so glad it was only an hour, The show is far more enjoyable like that. today it is a little slower, but everyone is having a good time - less J-Lo please.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
The BEST Idol finale ever! Thoroughly enjoyed it. CALEB WINS!!!!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was watching survivor. Just now tuning in. I agree about Jenas enunciation. This is somewhat superficial but her wardrobe is just horrible. Houndstooth pants, floral shirt and plaid jacket with clunky shoes. I'm three for three now on my reality show favorites winning this year. Ru Paul, Survivor and AI.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Was MK there?

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, just read she said she was ill.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
:-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 1:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Was anybody else cringing and as uncomfortable as I was watching Jennifer hop around during the judges performance? I thought she looked ridiculous and embarrassing. (and that's coming from someone that likes her)

I really enjoyed this season except I would have rather Jena won over Caleb. But as far as careers go, I guess second place can do as well first :-)

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yes, I was cringing. She made a total fool of herself just like the one time I saw her perform on the show this year. She sure was trying to take the attention away form Keith and his amazing guitar playing. That dress was ridiculous for a woman of her age.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Cringing also . . just like I have pretty much each week when she continues to get way too much of the camera. and the hemlines are crazy, especially when walking on the edge of a stage where people are sitting below you!

The first song wasn't so bad . . I kind of liked it and thought she sounded good (but way different).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The first song, eh.. but all her body movements are just.. strange. And the song with the judges.. where did that VOICE come from? and yes, cringing all the way.. she definitely wanted to hog the attention.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch the first hour so I didn't see her sing then. I was talking about when she sang a while back in the very short shorts.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I finally got around to watching the whole finale today. It was really great! Loved Caleb singing with Kiss, especially. Going to keep it on the dvr for awhile, just for that. Also liked the judges and Randy performing together. Loved the Caleb win, of course!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
During the "Go Your Own Way" performance, Lopez looked like she'd been dipping in a bit into the sauce prior to going on stage - I don't think she was entirely sober. That voice she used while sitting on the piano was pretty creepy too. I think she confused finale night with Halloween.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
At first I thought it was a fake voice.. like recorded..

Halloween, or something..

Denisec1989

06-02-2007

Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denisec1989 a private message Print Post    
I thought she was trying to sound like Cyndi Lauper. Wasn't that a Cyndi Lauper song?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 25, 2014 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Only Cyndi can do Cyndi. JLo, make it your own.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 12:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
FYI Caleb's album came out on Tuesday - no promotion that I can see. No appearances anywhere. epected to not chart - maybe 5K

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Why do they continue with the show if TPTB can't be bothered to promote the winner?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ratings.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I think you nailed it, Jimmer.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks. It's sad but it is still getting some reasonable ratings and so they are dragging it as far as they can without putting too much into it.

Not that any of the other reality singing shows seem to have done much to promote their winners. AI seems to be the only one to have ever been successful doing that.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: