TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 08, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: 5/7 - Top 4 Week (Singing & Results): Archive through May 08, 2014 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This week's theme is another mega broad one.

“Love: Break-ups and Make-ups.”

I really hope AI doesn't have more tricks up their sleeve like last week. Last week was cruel.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If nobody else wants to, I'll start spoiling about half past the hour so I can skip the commercials.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
When Ryan said they were covering break-ups, he touched Jen's shoulders and she was like "WTH?" LOL
Now that's funny.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Caleb up first singing his break-up song "You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi.

Doing great as usual.

Judges all loved it. Harry suggested maybe do some different runs.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jessica is singing Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone". I love that song.

Oh no, this is not good. We'll see what the judges say in a minute.

Jennifer thought she felt the song, but not best song for her. It didn't compliment her.
Harry is glad she has 2 more performances, because this wasn't her best.
Keith was sympathetic, understood why it would it be hard to rock out with 3 stone judges in front.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Alex is up singing "Too Close" by Alex Clare.

Sounds good.

Harry says he liked it because he spends so much time deconstructing and constructing his own style.
Keith says a ramble that was complimentary, but too complicated to sum up.
Jennifer says he is so unique. But it's the same all the time. Too fast to catch it all.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jena is up singing "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar.

I love it, but I admit it's a little off.

Keith thinks she is a killer singer with great range but he felt it didn't feel like a full committed performance.
Jennifer loved it. Commanding.
Harry thought vocally 10 out of 10, but he felt there a disconnect between her singing and her movements on stage. Told her to take her shoes off and jump around.

Jennifer does a demonstration of how to move with heels....LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Caleb is up singing his dedication song to his band. "CCR's "Travelin' Band".

Sounds super good.

Jennifer You killed it again
Harry says he is such a lucky guy ?
Keith said Randy's expression said it all "YAYAH!"

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jessica is dedicating her song to all the people that gave her the job because they didn't believe in her. (that made no sense to me) Pink's "So What".

It's sounds pretty good to me. Her movements seem a little bit awkward to me.

Harry said he felt like he was a Benihana from the flames....LOL
Says she is terrific and amazing, but her 2 songs weren't best for her....He is pulling for her 3rd song.
Keith says she has to find her song.
Jennifer says the song wasn't right for her.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jena is up singing Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance".

Ohhhh, she giving attitude for sure! LOL
Sounds good.

Keith really liked that she changed the melody of the chorus. Really good.
Jennifer says she is a force to be reckoned with. She gives Caleb a run for his money.
Harry says nice job, really strong....Wanted to know why she didn't go high at a certain part, Jena replied that tried but it sounds like she is yelling.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Alex is up singing "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. He's dedicating it to his girlfriend. awwww

Sound good. But I know they are going to say he sounds the same again.

Jennifer says I love you but his performances stay linear. He needs to surprise everybody.
Harry said everything but one little cord was the same as Jason's version. Thinks he really needs to put his Alex spin on things.
Keith says he felt the last 8 bars of the song were the touchdown.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Time for the make-up songs.

Caleb is singing "Maybe I'm amazed" Paul McCartney.

Wow, this is so weird! But very good.

Harry said it was so nice to hear him sing softly. Absolutely phenomenal.
Keith totally agrees with Harry. Hallelujah, nailed it.
Jennifer said it's his best performance since the beginning.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jessica is singing "You and I" by Lady Gaga.

Keith said it was the perfect song for her. Killer.
Jennifer said it's what we have been waiting for all night.
Harry says she came out swinging on a perfect song for her and she killed it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jena is singing "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You" by Elvis.

Jena is at he piano and she sounds incredible.

Jennifer was standing and goes to hug Jena when she was done singing.

Jennifer is in awe going on and on with compliments. So beautiful, so moved. Jen says "I could cry right now".
Harry says it took immense courage. It was incredible. Absolutely incredible.
Keith says she is like a musical platypus (LOL). Spellbinding.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The pimp spot goes to....

Alex is singing "Yellow" by Coldplay.

Harry says he really needed that. He says he is happy to be a judge and not vote tonight because there were some great performances and that was one of them.
Keith says he has a poetic vulnerability, and that song was perfectly suited to him. Good job.
Jennifer says she won't add much, perfect song, you sang it beautifully, and he needed it.

That's all folks!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, I knew all but 2 songs tonight! It made it much more fun for me.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja! Sounds like it was an interesting night.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It really was a super cool show tonight. I hope everyone watches their recording instead of skipping it because it was so much fun.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Whoa, if anybody finds a video of Sharon Osbourne talking vaguely about who I am sure is Caleb while on Conan tonight, please post it. Apparently she thinks he's crap and looks like Meatloaf....LOL

It was pretty funny and I am sure she was talking about Caleb.

eta: and no, I don't think Caleb is crap. I just thought Sharon's critique was so over the top cruelly funny.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Caleb nailed all three songs...top notch job.
Alex great on all three songs...so different from Caleb yet I think he's going to be a great singer.
Jessica...first song was out of tune, 2nd and 3rd were good.
Jena...Her first two, technically, were good but she didn't have that same "spark". The last one didn't hit me like it did JLo but it was very good. I guess I'm not a fan of her voice tone. I think this was probably the hardest theme for a 17-year-old girl who's never really experienced break-up, true love, etc., no inner angst to draw from.
I think it will be Jessica who goes home tonight.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
I didn't like how Jena did Can't help falling in love...at all!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think Jessica will go tonight. She just doesn't have the stage presence like the others. At the end of the show, she looked like a deer in the headlights.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Jessica's lack of emotion really stood out tonight. Her first song was completely devoid of it, and then in the next two it seemed fake. She has such a great voice but she clearly should be the one to go tonight.

I thought Jena had a bad week, Alex had a good one, and Caleb was mixed.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
At this point, Caleb is sounding the same every week. Even on the slow songs, he belts them out.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This was a topic that Jena may have been a bit young for.. she's not yet 18. I mean to get all that feeling. I actually loved her Can't Help Falling rendition.

Unfortunately it will probably be Jessica going home.

and since Time Warner Cable is only providing me with ONE CHANNEL today.. CBS 2.. and they say there IS an outage in Fountain Valley.. how odd to get a channel!! and there is nothing I want to watch on CBS tonight.. I'm still hoping they get it fixed!! Grr.. anyway I'll be coming here and Twitter for spoiling, once I'm home from my class.