TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
5/7 - Top 4 Week (Singing & Results)...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: 5/7 - Top 4 Week (Singing & Results) users admin

AI
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 08, 2014Seamonkey25 05-08-14  4:10 pm
Archive through May 09, 2014Lakecat25 05-09-14  3:36 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For anybody doubting, AI was "officially" renewed two days ago for season 14.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I had to go look back through the threads to figure out when I decided Jena was my favorite. And it was top 12 week. She was in my list of favs for the first voting show the week before for top 13 week, but I didn't single her out until the next week.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, for me impartial judging is judging based upon that performance. It's not how much you like someone or even how they look. It's a performance contest so how did that person perform. What registers most in my mind on this topic is how Simon Cowell reacted when Susan Boyle first stepped on the stage in the auditions in England. He wrote her off on her appearance (he was biased) until she opened her mouth and he had to eat his bias.

Harry does that. He listens closely and concentrates on the performance being given. He gives honest critiques and suggestions for improvement. He doesn't blow smoke in their ears.

I don't know if you played any band instrument in school but when we would go to solo and ensemble contests our scores were based on how we did that day and comments were always given on the score sheet so we could improve. That's unbiased, impartial judging to me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I remember since season 1 the judges fawning over their favorites. And on the other end of the spectrum, I have seen them really insult and degrade the ones they like least.

I'm not sure why all of a sudden Jena getting a little love from Jennifer is so wrong to some. I'm guessing it's just because it's Jena.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jennifer was clearly as touched by the song as I was. I don't think it is that complicated, really.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I played several instruments (well I can still play them but not as well as I used to play them). :-)

With respect to impartial judging, I agree that it's not fair for a judge to have different standards for each contestant. So if a judge critiques contestant A for not making songs their own then they should do the same for contestant B if contestant B doesn't put his own twist on a song.

However, I think that ultimately in judging a singing competition someone has to be partial to one contestant or another. They simply enjoy that contestant's performances more than the others. I don't see anything unfair about that.

I also think it is more than just who is the best singer or who has the best voice. It's who gives the best performances and that includes personality, attitude, look, movement, voice, presence and all those other things that make a performer stand out.

Cindylouwho

01-27-2009

Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindylouwho a private message Print Post    
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyMXJM29XOw

Anyone seen this little gem by Caleb?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Cindy. It shows his range, awesome. The other two are just not in the same league, period. Like his hair MUCH better short.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
didn't watch the youtube yet but I still think this is Caleb's to loose.

Jena does marble her words - or at least it sounds that way. Alex has very little stage presence.

All 3 are good but Caleb his the "it" that neither of the others have yet.

Never been an Elvis fan but I did like Jena's rendition on that song a lot!

I predict Caleb in F2 & prob. with Jena (although, I would be ok w/either)

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Wow is all I've got to say - finally watched the above youtube!

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Indeed! What Texasdeb said. Loooved it. I wish he had a chance to sing that song on AI.

Cindylouwho

01-27-2009

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindylouwho a private message Print Post    
Don't know if you noticed, but that song is an original by Caleb. Makes it even more awesome.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
No, I didn't. I was thinking hard who did the original. Lol. Maybe it will be on his first album.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Again, just WOW!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Caleb is so ready! Heck, he's as good if not better than a lot that's making the big bucks right now. I'm more impressed w/him overall than either of the other 2 so at this point, I'm wanting him to win.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: