TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
4/9 - Top 8 Week Again! (Singing & Re...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: 4/9 - Top 8 Week Again! (Singing & Results) users admin

AI
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 10, 2014Misspoufy25 04-10-14  6:08 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She's the Queen Bee, dontcha know?

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
CJ and Malaya bottom 2. I am LOVING. this half hour results show format!

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
And it's Malaya out

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I hate when they have to sing when they are so upset and crying.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It does seem rather cruel and pointless.

Finally saw last night's show. I agree that JLo didn't look that good sitting there by herself when Keith and Harry were visiting the fans.

It doesn't seem to be the universal view at all (and the judges didn't like it that much) but I thought that Jessica had by far the best performance of the night. She seems so much more professional than the others. Caleb is good too but I just don't find him interesting. Alex and Sam are fairly good but they don't seem to be showing a lot of "idol" personality (I liked Harry's suggestion that Sam google Ricky Nelson).

The judges are trying hard but the show doesn't seem to have a lot of energy or life. They are struggling at this point and it's kind of sad.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just want to to reply to Smokey's post way above.

The contestants seems to show up on day 1 all polished and professional on "The Voice".

Here on AI, it's truly a bunch of kids picked out of nowhere. Maybe a couple have been in a band, but most have never done anything further than singing in the shower or in church choir.

That's the part I love about AI. They really are scared and new to the business, and we see them evolve.

That's the whole point of AI. The kids don't start out as polished pros like they do on The Voice. The kids start out as nothing! And they evolve to stars. And AI has proven, that works.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 11, 2014 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that is one of the best things about AI. Nevertheless, there has to be some spark. Remember Kelly Clarkson switching places with Randy at the judging table during her first audition? You could see right away that she had energy, personality and spark along with a great voice.

Sometimes these contestants just appear to be going through the motions. They're so afraid to make a mistake that they don't try anything that is at all out there or different. The last contestant that I remember that had energy, desire and a willingness to go for it was Adam Lambert. That's a long time ago. Sometimes I feel like yelling at the TV to them to "Just do anything!"

It sounds like I'm ragging on the show but I've enjoyed it so much in the past and it's frustrating seeing it fading.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, April 11, 2014 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Ooooh, the mention of Adam Lambert.....those were the days. I could not wait for his next performance each week. Nothing on this show has ever topped him that season.
Hopefully next week will be CJ's turn to go. Malaya was okay to go.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 11, 2014 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Malaya was ok, but CJ would have been better.

Alex and Sam sing better but are painfully unexciting most of the time. Not saying that couldn't change in time, but this isn't a kiddie talent search.

Dexter's a nice guy and has more to him but really Caleb is the entertainer and singer and the remaining young women, to me, also have more potential than the bottom ones. Again, this if just for me..

I haven't watched last night yet, just starting, but once they use the save, it seems cruel to make them sing after elimination. But I guess that is a test for them?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, April 11, 2014 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
happy to see CJ in the bottom 2 & - really - he should have went home IMO because he just isn't as good as the others & he has always sang out of tune (he does seem to have a great personality). Malaya wasn't going to win anyway so it's OK that she went. I just loved her spunk though! I hate that they make the evicted one sing.

I like that Alex is so talented that he can rearrange songs......however, he has about as much personality as a stale slice of bread.

I thought that Sam had a great night & I loved the Ricky Nelson thing. I want him to connect better with the audience & viewers as well. Sure hope he stays around awhile.

Dexter, well....he is still just karaoke to me & he is not a fav. However, he is better than CJ & he has a personality that may be keeping him safe. Also, country music fans may be voting his stay.

That leaves my 3 favs:

Jena - she is so young, but yet so good! I love her on the piano.

Jessica - She really knows who she is & she is good at it.

Caleb - Gosh, he is just so good & my hands down choice as winner.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: