TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
4/2 - Top 8 Week (Singing & Results)...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: 4/2 - Top 8 Week (Singing & Results) users admin

AI
American Idol (on FOX)

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I think we can declare this season pretty much D-E-A-D based on the total absence of comments about last night's show! It was nothing to write home about, that's for sure. The network honchos at Fox must be beside themselves over how mightily this franchise has fallen. I'll be shocked if it returns next season.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The ratings were lower than Criminal Minds for the first time ever.

However... apart from the duet between Sam and Malaya (which wasn't bad, but seemed very awkward) I thought they all did really well last night. I'd be hard pressed to find a bottom three. I think CJ will go, even though he was a lot better than he has been, but the other two will probably just reveal popularity rather than anything to do with last night's singing. (That probably means one will be Malaya, the other I don't know.)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby just kept going on and on about what a good show it was. Nobody was really awful, as in past seasons, except for possibly CJ. I really do think they have some good talent this year. It was very entertaining.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a great show. The duets were so much fun. My favorite duet was Jena and Alex. They were so cute together.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I like all the contestants as people (they seem very sweet and personable) - I've just felt underwhelmed, thus far, by most of their performances.

Harry continues to be a source of consistent mirth-making. Laughed my head off when he assumed that put-out prissy-sounding voice ("you go ahead and talk Miss Jennifer Lopez!"), replete with flailing wrists and rolling eyeballs.

Thank you all for sharing your comments about the show. I'm glad I was wrong in assuming that no one had watched last night.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I only saw the last half hour. I was glad that Harry told Caleb that we all know he can be loud and to try more of a ballad next time. I was thinking just the same thing.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I loved Caleb at first, but they're right, he is getting a bit samey. He's very good at what he does but we need more variety. And I bet he can sing a ballad really well, too.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Hubster and I were watching last night and enjoyed what was shown. We both think that the talent is so GOOD that it's beyond our untrained musical ears to define who was not dong well last night. We were trying to decide who the ultimate AI winner will be and we couldn't agree. What we both felt though, was everyone one of those still in the competition will be doing very well in the music business after the end of this show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was glad that Harry told Caleb that we all know he can be loud and to try more of a ballad next time. I was thinking just the same thing.

I was also thinking that if he goes and sings a ballad next week, they'll probably say, "It was okay, but you need to stick to what you know!" They love to sabotage people that way. Advise them to switch it up, but when they do, it turns out to be a big mistake. We'll see how it goes. I like Caleb. I hope he knocks it out of the park.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching as always. I thought it was good. Still like Caleb and you are probably right. That is probably what will happen.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Look at Adam Lambert... he could rock a tune with the best of him, but when he sat on the stool with a suit on and sang a ballad, it was awesome.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think anyone this year approaches Adam, but some are really good.

I liked that Malaya backed off from shouting in her duet

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Woo HOO! My Jena is safe!

Also safe is Dexter.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Dexter and Jena are safe.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Malaya, Sam and CJ are B3.
Sam singing for the judges' save.
SAM WAS SAVED BY THE JUDGES!!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yay! Hurray for Sam! :-) I am so happy for him.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Dexter and Jena are safe.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think Sam had tears in his eyes while he was singing for the save. He seems like a fine young man and his grandparents were soo happy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Of course this will mean a double elimination which won't be easy.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sam's final song today was the most animate he's ever been. I hope he continues to improve. I noticed JLo mouth "Sam" to >Aussie guy, name escapes me< when the final three were announced and he nodded back. I don't know if she meant she thought he would be bottom or she was saying if he was we'll use the save.

I think the confetti was a bit much but I'm happy for him.

There are seven weeks left, and right now the finale is billed as having the final two. I think it works out without a double elimination.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, April 04, 2014 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I'm truly surprised to hear that Gena and Sam were in the bottom three. Who the heck is doing all the voting for C.J.? That baffles me. He's my first pick to go and then Dexter or Malaya although he did really well with "1 Mississippi". That's the first time I liked his performance.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, April 04, 2014 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Just my observation: I miss the feedback that Jimmy used to have for the singers, especially when he said more constructive things than the judges.

I don't even notice Randy on the show this season….what does he do, anyway?

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, April 04, 2014 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I think the judges were under strict orders by the producers to use the save in the event Sam was the one on the bottom. He's their only true link to the younger demographic!

Agree about C.J. - complete and utter mystery. He's definitely this season's Sanjaya.

One thing we DON'T miss are those ridiculous skits the contestants have been forced to do in past seasons to promote the Ford vehicles. It was refreshing to see them just driving the cars last night (though we would've preferred to not seem them do that either, but the producers were probably scrambling to fill up the 30 minutes of the show).

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, April 04, 2014 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
On another site, people are posting that CJ is the man and if he gets kicked off, they are leaving. I'm thinking "really?" A lot of the posters seem to feel the same way about Malaya.

I always thought that maybe the Ford commercials were to see if they had any acting talent.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 04, 2014 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched the last couple of weeks but I really liked CJ in the shows I did see. I understand that he's really had some bad performances the past few weeks though.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, April 04, 2014 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
glad they saved Sam & I, too do not understand why CJ is still there........

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, April 04, 2014 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think CJ's thing is he really connects. He definitely doesn't sing as well, but his heart is so in it that it's hard not to want him to succeed. Someone like Jessica, who consistently sings very well, just doesn't come across as deeply(?) as CJ so while I like her I don't care about her as much. I think that's what CJ's got.

Malaya just seems like a sweet, (overly) enthusiastic kid and it's hard not to like her too. And she is really quite steadily improving, and emotes. I don't think her popularity is enough for her to stay long though.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, April 04, 2014 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
CJ seems to be a real sweetheart and I really do wish him the best. He just isn't the best singer IMO.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, April 04, 2014 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I like them all personally, it's just that CJ, Dexter and Malaya aren't as good as the others. Even though I like Sam, I feel they may need the save more later on.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 04, 2014 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
All the contestants are likeable, the judging has improved enormously over previous years and the show is much more enjoyable as a result.

That's why I'm so disappointed that I don't find any of them exceptionally talented. I can't see any of them having a big career. Maybe Jessica or Jena.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, April 04, 2014 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I could be wrong, but I don't see any of them having careers like Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood (the 2 most successful winners to come out of AI). Caleb may do well - look at Chris Daughtry. I am starting to like Malaya's bubbly personality & think she would be great on the Disney channel in something similar to Miley Cyrus's old show - no, I don't think she should win AI. I do like Sam, but he seems to have next to 0 personality & that is hurting him - maybe, it's just because he's shy in nature & if that's the case, he will never make it unless he can shake that. Jena & Jessica are in my top 3 w/Caleb. Alex is so very talented & I want to like him more than I do. I find myself shallow for not liking him more because he sometimes "looks funny" when he is singing. Dexter is just karaoke to me, so he can go anytime. CJ consistently sings out of tune almost to the point that I'm embarrassed for AI that they have to show him.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. I like all of these people and some of them are modestly talented and they'd probably stand out at a High School talent show but that is about it. I can't believe that after thousands of auditions, they can't find some people who are exceptional.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: